Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Simple vB User login and access control on non vB pages Details »
Simple vB User login and access control on non vB pages
Developer Last Online: Nov 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.0 RC 1 Rating: (7 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 98
Released: 21 Mar 2008 Last Update: Never Downloads: 1251
Not Supported Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations  

Hack Description

This is a cut down version of the user authentication and access control system I use on the non vB pages on my website.

This uses the vB 3.7 login system to log you in and out. It allows you to move between your forums and other pages on your site while remaining logged in.

It allows you to do things such as restrict pages by usergroup, display different content depending on a user being logged in or not.
For example, you can have banner Adds displaying to non members only, and/or let members access to specific content.

Ive cut it down to the bare minimum that it needs to work, no fancy stuff such as avatars, PM's, or even formating.

I will try and offer support, but work and family commitments mean I don't have much free time.

This code is a mix of my own, and pieces I have used from other hacks that are floating around.

This script has been confirmed as working on
  • vB 3.7 RC1

Change log

Version 2.00 (21st March 2008)
  • Initial vB 3.7.x release

Click on Install
If you have this script installed then please click on the install link because;
  • You will get notified if any security issues are reported.
  • You will get notified when there are any upgrades to this script
  • It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and motivates me to develop more

Donations
First of all, to be clear. This script is 100% free.

However if you feel an urge to donate I'm not going to say no.
Donations can be made at http://www.billspaintball.com/vb3/bd_donate.php

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	cep-loggedin.jpg
Views:	1505
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	77562   Click image for larger version

Name:	cwp-loggedout.jpg
Views:	1579
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	77563  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Integration with vBulletin Simple vB User login and access control on non vB pages Billspaintball vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 188 25 Jan 2013 17:40
Deluxe vB User login and access control on non vB pages Billspaintball vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 393 13 Jul 2011 22:50
Integration with vBulletin Deluxe vB User login and access control on non vB pages Billspaintball vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 76 06 Jun 2011 22:44
Integration with vBulletin Deluxe vB user login and access control for non vB pages - REVISED Mastar vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 12 15 May 2009 17:17
Simple vB User login and access control on non vB pages Billspaintball vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 254 31 Jan 2009 11:57

Old 01 Jun 2008, 01:59

This si another awesome mod, will it be to hard for a newbie to use?
Old 03 Aug 2008, 23:04

i keep getting errors :s

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/fragreel/public_html/td2142/template/header.inc.php on line 4

Warning: require_once(/home/fragreel/td2142/forum/global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fragreel/public_html/td2142/template/header.inc.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/fragreel/td2142/forum/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fragreel/public_html/td2142/template/header.inc.php on line 5
Old 04 Aug 2008, 08:31

I wonder if its possible to see a working example rather than just the code snippets?

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I am looking to create a page (within a separate CMS) which checks to see if the current user is authenticated against the forum. This code above looks promising but it seems incomplete.

I am wondering, where is the variable $vbulletin created? Does it need to be declared as a global?

cheers (:
Old 07 Aug 2008, 01:22

have some problems with this, the form works OK but when it returns to the page it still doesn't show me as logged on...

I did everything in the instructions... anyone cares to help?
Old 07 Aug 2008, 09:34

anyone?

I even managed to lock myself out by changing the cookie domain etc. and then had to reverse it by using tools.php. I'd love some ideas....
Old 08 Aug 2008, 17:14

When i inserted it in to my blog so my users can login in my word press bridge i found my self doing alot of /" because often you would use quotes to open the echo then you would use them again in the html

and it also seems that it doesn't pick up when the user is logged in. it just brings the form back

Last edited by ForgotenDynasty; 08 Aug 2008 at 17:24.
Old 08 Aug 2008, 20:13

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/XXXXX/public_html/news/inc/functions.inc.php on line 43

Seems to be affecting cutenews.
Old 21 Sep 2008, 17:46

Appears to login ok but won't show I as logged in,

In Simple Login Instructions;
AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Path to Save Cookies
change 'Suggested Settings' dropdown from '/forums/' to '/' or 'yourdomain.com'
I did, but won't show I as logged in again again..
Old 01 Oct 2008, 09:30

Cool

Originally Posted by PaylaX View Post
Appears to login ok but won't show I as logged in,

In Simple Login Instructions;
I did, but won't show I as logged in again again..
I'm having the same problem, I even added the urls on the whitelist. I'm not sure what I'm doing in correct but here's my entire file, thus far I've only been testing. However, my issue pertains to the fact that I'm actually using two subdomains. My forums has a subdomain and the other aspect of the site that I'm using also has a subdomain.

How do I get around this?
Old 13 Oct 2008, 20:35

Anyone?
Old 03 Nov 2008, 00:37

I found out that you have to reset your browsers then use the website, or else it will continue cause problems.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:54

I've got the same problem as some others, the form seems to work, but it still shows as logged off.

I've tried to set the path of the cookies to "/" and then clear my cookies then try to connect and still doesn't work.

I found out that if I go directly to the forum then connect then move to another section of my website, it'll then show as if I'm logged.

Thanks for help

Last edited by Jeffonfire; 23 Nov 2008 at 20:01.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 21:37

Ive cut it down to the bare minimum that it needs to work, no fancy stuff such as avatars, PM's, or even formating.
So.. can you please post also an extended version?
Old 08 Dec 2008, 20:47

I have even installed additional hack to use cookie on few different domain. But still this plugin shows that I am not logged in... Will there be instructions or updated version?
Old 12 Dec 2008, 18:18

Great hack.

I was wondering if there was a way to suppress the banned notification for banned users? If a banned user browses non-vb pages, those pages are also blocked from view. I'd prefer that non-vb pages with this hack are viewable for banned users.