Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 28 Dec 2009, 18:37

Did you try just giving some left padding or margin to .lastpostby?

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 28 Dec 2009, 18:47

Thank you for the tip Lynne!

Works perfectly now. You are the wo-man

Regards,
Haothiencz
Old 31 Dec 2009, 18:46

Thank you so much!!
Old 18 Jan 2010, 20:09

Not work with IE7 (IE8 not tested)
Default style

width column 50%:
FF work fine

IE error

49%
FF

IE

49.9%: Not is the best and I don't like this number
Attached Images
File Type: png FF50.PNG (16.3 KB, 589 views)
File Type: png IE50.PNG (12.1 KB, 586 views)
File Type: png FF49.PNG (17.6 KB, 587 views)
File Type: png IE49.PNG (15.5 KB, 588 views)
File Type: png IE499.PNG (14.5 KB, 585 views)

Last edited by NgocTam; 18 Jan 2010 at 20:39. Reason: attach img
Old 18 Jan 2010, 20:45

It actually shows up fine on my IE7 setup (I run parallels on my mac). However, I do notice that as you widen/shorten the width of the browser, it will blink back and forth between working and not working. I don't know what's up with that. I set it to 49.99% and it looked fine then, so try that.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 02:36

wow Lynne, thank you very much
Old 31 Jan 2010, 16:57

Nice mod. Thanks. Is there a way to remove Last Post appearing on horizontal category bar?

Last edited by peril; 31 Jan 2010 at 17:00. Reason: reduced image width
Old 31 Jan 2010, 17:08

Originally Posted by peril View Post
Nice mod. Thanks. Is there a way to remove Last Post appearing on horizontal category bar?
You could try just setting the display to none:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 26 Feb 2010, 13:55

Lynne:

Got a few problems as well I can't figure out how to move the Threads and Posts part up at the end of the forum title line.

Anyway, here you go.

I have altered the layout to be 2 columns, but the problem I have ran into is spacing issues in a few spots. I'm not sure what to check to change it or see if something is causing it.

Currently the category header has the category title centered but not immediately centered like it should be. So I am wondering which template controls that aspect. (View screenshot)

Spacing for subscribe image is wrong and not sure how that is when it is ready the same thing and the description is dropped to a new line for the left forum early enough but not for the right forum.

Spacing after my last post box to the right is a huge margin, I want it to only be 10px margin to the right but I have no idea what is defining the space there.

You can see all areas of concern boxed in with comments so there is no confusion.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by Mythotical; 12 Feb 2012 at 02:43.
Old 27 Feb 2010, 22:37

Hi lynne!
That i find very nice for my forum but there is a problem more:
To many people in the world still using 15' monitors and in the resolution of 1024x768 the forum with your css editlooks not fine if the side bar is enabled.
The subcribe and rss images and the forum title going all together and looks very bad.If you fix that it will be very nice edit and i will use.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01 Mar 2010, 00:59

How do i apply this to the sub forums on forumdisplay.php? Where put i wich code?
Old 01 Mar 2010, 04:58

Originally Posted by elenh View Post
How do i apply this to the sub forums on forumdisplay.php? Where put i wich code?
Same code works for the forumdisplay page also.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 01 Mar 2010, 05:18

Hey Lynne, can I get a response to my post? http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...8&postcount=39

Thanks
Old 01 Mar 2010, 05:30

Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
Lynne:

Got a few problems as well I can't figure out how to move the Threads and Posts part up at the end of the forum title line.

Anyway, here you go.

I have altered the layout to be 2 columns, but the problem I have ran into is spacing issues in a few spots. I'm not sure what to check to change it or see if something is causing it.

Currently the category header has the category title centered but not immediately centered like it should be. So I am wondering which template controls that aspect. (View screenshot)

Spacing for subscribe image is wrong and not sure how that is when it is ready the same thing and the description is dropped to a new line for the left forum early enough but not for the right forum.

Spacing after my last post box to the right is a huge margin, I want it to only be 10px margin to the right but I have no idea what is defining the space there.

You can see all areas of concern boxed in with comments so there is no confusion.

Thanks
Steve
You can find the template for the (non) centered title by doing this - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes . Then go back to your page and view the source code and you will see the name of the template called around your part of the code. One of the forumhome_forumbit_* ones, I would guess.

All the other issues are CSS issues. I would use firebug to play around with the css and see exactly what controls what so you can change it. This is a good article to help you find classes - then just modify it right there on the page and see what happens - HOW TO Find what Stylevar you need to edit

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 01 Mar 2010, 05:48

Thanks a bunch, now you got me staying up longer tonight. LOL Guess I asked for it. hehe