Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Enhanced Thread Review Details »
Enhanced Thread Review
Mod Version: 3.4, by MarkFL (Coder) MarkFL is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (4 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 12
Released: 19 Apr 2015 Last Update: 02 Feb 2017 Downloads: 70
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

Purpose:

When composing a new reply to a thread using vBulletin 4.x's advanced editing environment, users will find a "Topic Review" element below the "Additional Options" block below the editor. This element will display the last x posts, where x is admin-defined in the setting under Thread Display Options (showthread) -> Maximum Displayed Posts Before Page Split. If those posts are lengthy, then the "Topic Review" element can take up a lot of space on the page. There is no quick and easy way to add a quote of any of the posts you see there, and when editing a post, the "Topic Review" is absent altogether.

This product addresses these issues and more. Once installed and activated, you will notice all of the posts in the thread are included in the review and the total number of posts is reported in the element header. The ordering of the posts is still newest first. Each post is displayed in its own block, and in the block header, you will find on the left the author of the post, displayed in their usergroup HTML markup as a link to their profile. On the right you will find the date/time the post was made, a quote button and a post counter.

The quote button will add a quote of the post to your post content, at your current cursor position. If you have my Strip BBCodes From Quotes product installed, any BBCodes you have set to be removed from quotes will be stripped from the quoted post, in addition to any quote blocks within the post. The post counter tells you the enumerated location of the post within the thread, and serves as a link to that post which will open in a new tab. This could be useful to you and your staff if it is decided that the post needs to be edited or moderated in some way.

Under the post header is the post content, appearing just as it does in the thread, with inline attached images displayed as images rather than as links to those attached images.

You will find that this thread review element is now conveniently available when editing posts as well.



In the product settings, you can set the maximum height for the thread review, where a vertical scrollbar is introduced as needed. You may set this to zero to show full height. You have several options for controlling the appearance of the various elements within the block.



Updates:

Version 2.0:
  • With the gracious help of Black Snow, there is no longer any need to make the extensive manual template edits. He took a good idea poorly implemented and made it shine, and I am very grateful for his co-authorship.

Version 2.1:
  • All posts in a thread are now displayed in the "Topic Review" element rather than just the last page.

Version 2.2:
  • Vertical scrollbar is now only present when needed. Superfluous line separating posts has been removed. New setting allows you to choose the maximum height (in px) of the "Topic Review" element. Fully compatible with "Show First Post Only" product.

Version 2.3:
  • Now fully compatible with "Hide BBCodes/Signatures From Guests/Users" product in that users who are allowed to post but restricted from viewing certain BBCodes will have that content hidden from them in the thread review block.

Version 2.4:
  • Now fully compatible with "MarkFL: Strip BBCodes From Quotes."

Version 2.5:
  • Now fully compatible with "MarkFL: Username Markup," "MarkFL: Acronyms And MathJax" and "MarkFL: Show First Post Only."

Version 3.0:
  • Encoding of posts is greatly improved so that code within the various code block elements and special characters displays correctly.
  • Inline attached images now display as images rather than as links to the images.
  • Plugins have been condensed and cleaned up.
  • Additional settings added to give more control over the appearance of the elements.
  • Post usernames are shown using their HTML markup and link to their profile pages.
  • The total posts returned is shown in the block header.
  • A post counter is shown in the post headers and links to the posts, which will open in a new tab.
  • The "newreply" and "editpost templates are no longer replaced, but rather dynamically edited to include a custom hook at which to add the new elements. This way any changes to these templates will be effective and there is no longer the need to store two sizable and largely redundant templates.

Version 3.1:
  • Improved character encoding within posts.

Version 3.2:

Version 3.3:
  • All templates now cached.

Version 3.4:
  • Fixed issue with usernames containing special characters.

Compatibility:

Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.

Backup/Warning:

This product does NOT alter your database, however it is always good practice to keep regular backups and you should backup before installing ANY new mod.

As always products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will try to help if I can but no guarantee is offered or implied.

Installation:

1.) Download and extract the attached .zip file.
2.) Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your forum's root directory.
3.) In AdminCP go to Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
4.) Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
5.) Click "Import"
6.) You MUST set your settings to enable the mod. Each setting has an explanation of its use.

Support for this product can be found here:

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	markfl_etr_acp.png
Views:	741
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	153756   Click image for larger version

Name:	markfl_etr_block.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	153757  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Thread Creation Date - Enhanced Version Ocean vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 72 05 Aug 2008 04:02
Who Viewed This Thread - Enhanced Version Ocean vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 120 20 Mar 2008 03:11

  #31  
Old 06 Feb 2017, 16:46
Snowhog's Avatar
Snowhog Snowhog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Real name: Paul L
It was. The files are in the correct place, and it was working.

I don't know if this has any bearing; in fact, I'm pretty confident it doesn't; but I did remove a single .php file 'before this issue arose' from the include directory; functions_ghsom.php; a GlowHost Spam-o-Matic file. We stopped using Spam-o-Matic several years ago, and it was uninstalled. I discovered this file in the include directory yesterday. It had an old date on it, so I looked at its contents. No vBulletin header, so I knew it wasn't a vBulletin file. Careful examination showed it to be from Spam-o-Matic, so I deleted it. This MOD was working prior to that, so maybe....

I've asked our Forum owner to restore the file 'just in case'. For effective troubleshooting, one needs everything to be 'as it was', so when this .php file is restored, I'll re-enable this MOD and see what happens.
__________________
"It is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts." - Sherlock Holmes
Kubuntu Forums . Net | ZB BLOCK | StopForumSpam
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06 Feb 2017, 17:33
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by Snowhog View Post
It was. The files are in the correct place, and it was working.

I don't know if this has any bearing; in fact, I'm pretty confident it doesn't; but I did remove a single .php file 'before this issue arose' from the include directory; functions_ghsom.php; a GlowHost Spam-o-Matic file. We stopped using Spam-o-Matic several years ago, and it was uninstalled. I discovered this file in the include directory yesterday. It had an old date on it, so I looked at its contents. No vBulletin header, so I knew it wasn't a vBulletin file. Careful examination showed it to be from Spam-o-Matic, so I deleted it. This MOD was working prior to that, so maybe....

I've asked our Forum owner to restore the file 'just in case'. For effective troubleshooting, one needs everything to be 'as it was', so when this .php file is restored, I'll re-enable this MOD and see what happens.
I would agree that removing that file shouldn't have had any bearing on this product.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06 Feb 2017, 18:01
Snowhog's Avatar
Snowhog Snowhog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Real name: Paul L
Resolved -- User Error!

In this case, the 'user' was me! I am to smart for my own good at times.

I had removed the execution bit (chmod -x) on the MODs .php files, thinking (see, there I go again) that as nearly 100% of all other vBulletin .php files aren't executable, these shouldn't be also. Well, guess what!? Yup.

I uninstalled the MOD then removed the installed directory folders/contents and re-uploaded the folders/contents then reinstalled. Activated the MOD and tested. Yup. It works.

Moral here: Don't be so smart dumb ass!
__________________
"It is a capital mistake to theorize in advance of the facts." - Sherlock Holmes
Kubuntu Forums . Net | ZB BLOCK | StopForumSpam
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06 Feb 2017, 18:06
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by Snowhog View Post
In this case, the 'user' was me! I am to smart for my own good at times.

I had removed the execution bit (chmod -x) on the MODs .php files, thinking (see, there I go again) that as nearly 100% of all other vBulletin .php files aren't executable, these shouldn't be also. Well, guess what!? Yup.

I uninstalled the MOD then removed the installed directory folders/contents and re-uploaded the folders/contents then reinstalled. Activated the MOD and tested. Yup. It works.

Moral here: Don't be so smart dumb ass!
Glad you got it sorted out!

You should see some of the doozies I have caused...but it comes with the territory.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01 Mar 2017, 22:13
elsa23's Avatar
elsa23 elsa23 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Hi Mark, thanks for the great addition

I have one issue : I use "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" , when I click quote bouton fron review, nothing happen
I must click on "Switch Editor to Source Mode" to can quote from review
thanks
__________________
sorry for my bad english
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02 Mar 2017, 00:14
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by elsa23 View Post
Hi Mark, thanks for the great addition

I have one issue : I use "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" , when I click quote bouton fron review, nothing happen
I must click on "Switch Editor to Source Mode" to can quote from review
thanks
I just did a quick test on my local dev site, and I was able to use the "Quote" button in the topic review in either editor modes.

I would have to come to your site to investigate why the issue exists there, so if you like, please send the login credentials to a temporary admin account to me via PM.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02 Mar 2017, 00:32
elsa23's Avatar
elsa23 elsa23 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
I just did a quick test on my local dev site, and I was able to use the "Quote" button in the topic review in either editor modes.

I would have to come to your site to investigate why the issue exists there, so if you like, please send the login credentials to a temporary admin account to me via PM.
I am still testing a lot of mods in local I PM you when I instal it soon in live forum Thanks a lot
__________________
sorry for my bad english
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:29.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: