Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 07 Nov 2005, 14:50

Thanks Amy ... I'll be getting that for sure!
Old 14 Nov 2005, 11:37

Finally, Google gives you the ability to create custom channels. These channels will help you monitor the performance of each ad banner on the page.
Amy regarding Channels, can you answer this for me please or someone else anser for me.

This may sound stupid, but since reading Amy's post (this one), I created 200 channels and I have noticed there is now two reports I can look at....

1. Aggregate data and
2. Channel data

Example Only! I wont tell you how much I make. :nervous:

Looking at the amount of money made at each for the last 7days Aggregate data says I have made $20 and Channel data says I have made $40 (example only)

(example only) Normally I make $20 a week, now I am making $60

Please tell me if this is correct.

So does this mean I get paid extra for the Channel data on top of the Aggregate data giving me a total of $60
Old 14 Nov 2005, 12:28

No. It's just different ways of looking at your earnings.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 02:49

Very useful: Amykhar

What I decided to do was use "Text only Banners" and then adjust the border and background colours so they look like part of the page text. This way people don't see them as regular banners and avoid them like the plague, but instead see text links with no background colour.

I 've also placed my Google adds in the Archive and Easy Mod archive, as well as using a hack over from vBulletin.com that allows me to display a text banner after every last thread. Nowhere on my site will you see a Banner (only text adds) made to look as much like part of the site as possible.

On you site, one clever thing I see you have done it move you site links at the very top and then added the adsence banner right below them. I've seen this used before where this is done to try and get mistaken clicks on banner instead of site links by putting the adsence very close to site page links.

Last edited by MRGTB; 15 Nov 2005 at 02:57.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 02:54

Originally Posted by amykhar
No. It's just different ways of looking at your earnings.
Thats kinda confusing I reckon.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 03:02

The only thing I dislike about displaying the full banner image with no background colour to blend in is this. Everybody now knows what a google adsence regular banner looks like and I would image most will avoid clicking it. I mean I know I do when I see a regular adsence banner on a site.

The only ones I've ever clicked is when people blend the background in and place them very near content which catches you off guard click them by mistake. One site did this very well and got two clicks out of me by pure hidding them in content.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 03:24

I actually like google ads. I have found many interesting and relative sites by clicking the banners.
Old 15 Nov 2005, 03:28

Originally Posted by amykhar
I actually like google ads. I have found many interesting and relative sites by clicking the banners.
Thats not me being selfish, it's justs because I know the sole purpose of the banner on a site, thats all. So I just don't click them. Nothing personal with peoples sites, just the way I am personally. To be honest I don't even look at the content in a banner.

This is most probably why I prefer text only adds

Last edited by MRGTB; 15 Nov 2005 at 03:33.
Old 04 Dec 2005, 17:08

I have a problem. On my site, even in postbit only webhosting ads are displayed, which are not relevant to the content of a site. Any idea why and how to get rid of it or change it? Also which is better to use good text ads or image ads?
Old 04 Dec 2005, 17:16

Originally Posted by Sychev_S
I have a problem. On my site, even in postbit only webhosting ads are displayed, which are not relevant to the content of a site. Any idea why and how to get rid of it or change it? Also which is better to use good text ads or image ads?
I've had the same problem with Google adds at times. For example I have a member called Bulldog. Everytime he creates a thread the adsence banner displays links about Bulldogs as though it takes the links from his name rather than thread content.

Strange
Old 04 Dec 2005, 22:10

Originally Posted by Gary Bolton
I've had the same problem with Google adds at times. For example I have a member called Bulldog. Everytime he creates a thread the adsence banner displays links about Bulldogs as though it takes the links from his name rather than thread content.

Strange
did you fix that problem somehow?
Old 04 Dec 2005, 23:23

no I never really looked into fixing it to be honest
Old 05 Dec 2005, 03:19

Have you looked at Section targeting?
http://www.google.com/support/adsens...y?answer=23168

For example, you can downplay the area in your postbit that affects your contextual ads by doing something like this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Adding the code tells google media bot to ignore this area when matching ads to your site's content. (in this case the username)

You can also emphasize the message area of the postbit to help with the ads.

Last edited by Damian; 05 Dec 2005 at 03:24.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 03:27

I know how to create channels, but it seems that when you create a channel and create the code for you web site on adsense that it only puts the channel that you selected. Is there any way to select multiple channels to put in that code that you put in your web site?
Old 12 Dec 2005, 03:34

Originally Posted by attroll
I know how to create channels, but it seems that when you create a channel and create the code for you web site on adsense that it only puts the channel that you selected. Is there any way to select multiple channels to put in that code that you put in your web site?
I believe you can have 3 channels per page. Just create another channel and copy the code. I have 3 channels on my page.