Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 05 Mar 2005, 20:49

@ rrr & boysmum - If your getting errors, such as "No Users Currently in vBChat" or the normal default users not showing up, then i have to say it again i'm afraid, you have made a mistake while editing ROOT DIRECTORY/index.php, also ensure your using the latest vBulletin version, i can't garentee it will work on previous versions.

- Zero Tolerance
Old 09 Mar 2005, 21:54

@ ZT, I have the very latest vbulletin installed and I've re-applied the changes to the directory/index.php file and it's still not working.

Can you post what the revised index.php should look like before and after the hack so I can confirm the right lines have been replaced and changed?
Old 11 Mar 2005, 19:03

ZT, Can you post what the revised index.php should look like before and after the hack so I can confirm the right lines have been replaced and changed?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 17:06

Sorry, the rules are you can't post any vbulletin php files at all.

- Zero Tolerance
Old 14 Mar 2005, 17:50

In the hack instructions it shows a snippet of vbulletin code and the code that should be replaced.

That's all I'm asking is for you to post the larger snippet of original vbulletin code (not necessarily the whole file) and the revised same code how it should look after the vbchat changes are made.

I just need to make sure I didn't remove too much or too little vbulletin code.

I'd really like to get this working properly, and since you insist that the errors must be in my index.php changes, I'd like to be able to double check my work.

Not asking you to break the rules at all, just post the before and after of a few lines of code.
Old 17 Mar 2005, 00:47

hello?
Old 19 Mar 2005, 21:50

Can anybody post the before and after of the few lines of code from the index.php file that show the code before the changes and after the changes?
Old 24 Mar 2005, 00:13

Anybody? Bueller?
Old 31 Mar 2005, 15:27

i'm having the same problem - users are not showing up in Users Currently Inside vBChat on my forumhome.

it's completely blank, even though there are definitely users in chat..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vbchat.jpg (87.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 31 Mar 2005, 16:25

Here it the part of code that you are asking for:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That's the best I can do for you guys.

Rgds

John
SV1CEC
Old 01 Apr 2005, 22:15

i've got a not too disimilar problem where users who are online aren't showing up online since we installed vbchat hack..it does pick users up who go into chat but not all the time, some times you'll have 2 users in and it'll work sometimes you'll be talking to a user who according to the board isn't online and nor is he/she in chat...

i run two boards one with this hack on and one without i've checked my code changes are all are correct so im really confused. it has completely buggered up my whos online as some users appear and others don't seem to be on the board when i know they are..

Last edited by xfaethorx; 01 Apr 2005 at 22:49.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 07:49

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rrr
I'm still having the problem with no message being show for "No Users in VbChat" or when there are users, no usernames showing up.

Anything you can do to help me diagnose this?
I had a similar problem and tried altering the file 4 times with no luck.

Finally instead of simply cutting and pasting in the first section of text into the Index.PHP file I added the last section of code as specified. The only difference is the last line with the addition of session.location,

::: Open File - ROOT FORUM DIRECTORY/index.php
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FIND:
$forumusers = $DB_site->query("
SELECT
user.username, (user.options & $_USEROPTIONS[invisible]) AS invisible, user.usergroupid,
session.userid, session.inforum, session.lastactivity,
CHANGE TO:
$forumusers = $DB_site->query("
SELECT
user.username, (user.options & $_USEROPTIONS[invisible]) AS invisible, user.usergroupid,
session.userid, session.inforum, session.lastactivity, session.location,
I pasted over the second section as requested and saved it as a PHP file (I had been saving it out of word pad and renaming it on the server). It now works fine. Dont ask me why this makes a difference as I previously pasted over both sections and dont see why it wouldnt work. The only thing I did different is saving it as a PHP file.

Anyways......it works now so I'm going with it

Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Quick Search Area For Users - Forumdisplay -=Sniper=- vBulletin 3.5 Template Modifications 10 16 Oct 2007 04:23
Quick Search Area For Users - Showthread -=Sniper=- vBulletin 3.5 Template Modifications 11 07 May 2007 14:01