Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Spider Friendly URL's with IIS. Details »
Spider Friendly URL's with IIS.
Developer Last Online: Mar 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 2.2.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 3
Released: 11 Jan 2003 Last Update: Never Downloads: 1
Not Supported Is in Beta Stage  

This is borrowed heavily from fastforwards spider friendly hack http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...hlight=spider.

For those of you using IIS, you'll find that mod_rewrite and .htaccess are not options for you. Well, the same functionality is available for IIS.

First, you'll need to install ISAPI_rewrite from http://www.isapirewrite.com/ (there's a free version). If you don't administer the server, you'll need to ask the admin to install.

After the rewrite dll is installed, it's a piece of cake from there by following the instructions attached.

Additionally, I installed the following hack so that I can have non members (including search engines) view the forums in the friendly fashion, and all members

see the true links. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ghlight=styles

I'll do what I can to support this, but I am sure a lot of folks here can add to this or modify it to be even better. It has been working great for me. A good site to view is fastforwards site at http://dbforums.com/

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Spider Friendly URL hack krohnathlonman vBulletin 3.0 Beta Releases 37 30 Mar 2005 13:36

Comments
Old 11 Jan 2003, 19:49

I'll be giving this a whirl on my devel box and if it works as well as fastforwards I will migrate to IIS.
Old 11 Jan 2003, 22:39

Great, let me know how it goes.
Old 18 Jan 2003, 19:38

Anyone have any feedback on this?
Old 19 Jan 2003, 19:48

I haven't had the time to get this installed. I am in the middle of moving my servers to a new T3 that I just had installed.

I will get this up as soon as the move is done.
Old 19 Jan 2003, 20:41

Working fine with IIS6.0.
Old 21 Jan 2003, 06:05

Thanks guys.
Old 08 Feb 2003, 07:14

Google has been crawling deeply off and on all day long on the two sites I did this to (never crawled passed the index before).....rewriting is cool!
Old 08 Feb 2003, 21:16

Just included some of the enhancements for multiple page threads and forums found here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...137#post348137

For me, I added the following two rules for isapirewrite to accommodate the multiple pages...

RewriteRule /t(\d+)--(\d+)\.html$ /forums/showthread.php\?threadid=$1&pagenumber=$3 [I]
RewriteRule /f(\d+)-(\d+)\.html$ /forums/forumdisplay.php\?forumid=$1&daysprune=1000&sortorder=&sortfield=lastpost&perpag e=25&pagenumber=$2 [I]
Old 16 Feb 2003, 05:43

Well, here's my current list of rules which also take into account all of the mods in the link above (see my previous post). It seems like every time I turn around there's more rules I must add because someone reports a broken link or something (especially with the modifications for multiple pages, etc), but everything is pretty well sorted, and google has been giving a lot of love to both of my sites over the last couple weeks. Anyone else having success with this?

RewriteRule /f(\d+)/s /forums/forumdisplay.php\?forumid=$1 [L]
RewriteRule /t(\d+)/s\.html /forums/showthread.php\?threadid=$1 [L]
RewriteRule /s /forums/index.php
RewriteRule /f(\d+)/forumdisplay.php\?=s&forumid=(\d+) /index.php [L]
RewriteRule /t\d+/(forumdisplay.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /t\d+/(attachments.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /f\d+/(showthread.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /f\d+/(forumdisplay.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /f\d+/(attachments.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /f\d+/(index.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]

RewriteRule /forumdisplay.php\?=s&forumid=(\d+) /index.php
RewriteRule /(forumdisplay.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /(attachments.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /(showthread.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /(forumdisplay.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /(attachments.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /(newthread.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /(newreply.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /(memberlist.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /(search.php.*) /forums/$1 [L]
RewriteRule /f(\d+)\.html /forums/forumdisplay.php\?forumid=$1 [L]
RewriteRule /t(\d+)\.html /forums/showthread.php\?threadid=$1 [L]
RewriteRule /forum.html /forums/index.php [L]

RewriteRule /archive.html /archive.php [L]

RewriteRule /t(\d+)--(\d+)\.html$ /forums/showthread.php\?threadid=$1&pagenumber=$3 [L]
RewriteRule /t(\d+)-(\d+)-(\d+)\.html$ /forums/showthread.php\?threadid=$1&pagenumber=$3 [L]
RewriteRule /f(\d+)-(\d+)\.html$ /forums/forumdisplay.php\?forumid=$1&daysprune=1000&sortorder=&sortfield=lastpost&perpag e=25&pagenumber=$2 [L]

RewriteRule /forums/t(\d+)-(\d+)&pagenumber=(\d+) /forums/showthread.php\?threadid=$1&pagenumber=$3 [L]
RewriteRule /forums/f(\d+)&pagenumber=(\d+) /forums/forumdisplay.php\?forumid=$1&pagenumber=$2 [L]

RewriteRule /forums/t(\d+)-(\d+)--(\w*)-&pagenumber=(\d+) /forums/showthread.php\?threadid=$1&highlight=$3&pagenumber=$4 [L]
Old 15 Mar 2003, 02:55

Kick ass! I'll definitely be trying this soon! Any new comments or discoveries before I do? What about stealth forums? Do they show?

I have to be calculatedly cold, indifferent, or insensitive at times, otherwise my own race would surely sense weakness and devour me in the most violently, painful, and inhumane method imaginable.
Old 21 Sep 2003, 00:14

Could someone please elaborate a bit more for me? I've installed this, and basically copied Cobra's httpd.ini, but nothing's working yet. I'm doing something wrong, obviously.

Could you please post your entire httpd.ini file (or is that it above?), so I can take a look? I'm not clear on exactly what needs to go in it.

Actually, a little more step by step process would be much appreciated, if you'd be so kind. Can this work with both url types, once it's done? Or will everyone have to be informed of the new url? Quite frankly, this scares me a bit. :nervous:

I have to be calculatedly cold, indifferent, or insensitive at times, otherwise my own race would surely sense weakness and devour me in the most violently, painful, and inhumane method imaginable.

Last edited by SloppyGoat; 21 Sep 2003 at 00:37.
Old 09 Nov 2003, 15:49

Does this work on:
1) Apache
2) vB 2.3.2 ?