Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31 Aug 2005, 19:06

Adventure....

Looking through the graphics available on this site they all look pretty plain. Color changes, maybe a new type of rectangle but not much deviation... Looking through the pay style sites you can see this as well.

Where are the funky, weird or adventurous graphics to make those really fun and outlandish styles or do we all have to be stuck with staid professional styles with no character?
Old 01 Sep 2005, 18:32

Originally Posted by Wayne Luke
Looking through the graphics available on this site they all look pretty plain. Color changes, maybe a new type of rectangle but not much deviation... Looking through the pay style sites you can see this as well.

Where are the funky, weird or adventurous graphics to make those really fun and outlandish styles or do we all have to be stuck with staid professional styles with no character?
I'm working on some new styles for my site. I'm also going to be releasing some button sets and stuff. Should be seeing some stripped odwn free versions of the styles that wil be on my site in a bout a month.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 09:04

Part of the problem is the beautiful buttons are: they arehuge in file size. Anti-aliased text increases the file size by 3x, even optimized too.

Currently working on a New Thread button. The original has a beautiful gradient silver gray color, with a matching red background with silver/white gradient text. The smallest I could get it is close to 900bytes. To me that's too huge of a file size for a 100x26 button.

So what gets from the layout board to the final design winds up not being as beautiful -- the design changes to compensate. :cry:

Chris
Old 31 Oct 2005, 15:03

Hows about my authentic range of retro styles....
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99731
Just to start off with, not really that functional, but for fun! - the style dedicates itself to the original c64, next i'm gonna design a skin for those who loved the Atari-2600..

From I-Bulletin to this 'b64' skin the difference is there... it's good to experiment and this is just the start for me!

-b6
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:25

Originally Posted by b6gm6n
Hows about my authentic range of retro styles....
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99731
Just to start off with, not really that functional, but for fun! - the style dedicates itself to the original c64, next i'm gonna design a skin for those who loved the Atari-2600..

From I-Bulletin to this 'b64' skin the difference is there... it's good to experiment and this is just the start for me!

-b6
Amiga (a fancy Commodore) was the graphics computer of it's day. Anyone wanting to dabble in early graphics (and was into d/l bitmaps -- JPEGS didn't exist then) used that computer and it's file formats. Try making a skin for that one, and it'll hit the sweet retro graphics market.

All that is missing would be a 2400baud modem!

Chris
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:29

Dunno if this is what you are looking for wayne

http://www.cinvin.com/forums/?styleid=30

Not exactly in the norm.
Old 30 Nov 2005, 01:53

We at Kitten Networks (Digikitten) are coming out with a new board in two months that will bring back the OMG when you looks at a style and will be cutting edge to bring 3.5 to full flavor
Old 30 Nov 2005, 02:29

I've got a pretty non-standard theme. I like it, anyways.

Check my hacks to see which ones are marked as re-usable.

Please do not contact me through my site for vBulletin matters. These issues should be handled on vBulletin sites. I am not the only person who handles the contact us mail for my site.