Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Avenger (A Dark - Black/Grey Style) by TheLastSuperman Details »
Avenger (A Dark - Black/Grey Style) by TheLastSuperman
Mod Version: 1.00, by TheLastSuperman (Senior Moderator) TheLastSuperman is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.1 Rating: (8 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 53
Released: 23 Jun 2014 Last Update: 26 Jun 2014 Downloads: 570
Supported Additional Files  

Introducing Avenger
A Dark Black/Grey Style

I've had a good number of sales off this so I've finally decided to give it away for free, that's right go ahead, download and install this dark and might I add slick style!

This is a dark black/grey vBulletin 4.2.1/4.2.2 (Confirmed working on 4.2.3! *Simply select ignore style version when installing style) Suite style from www.innovationbyinstinct.com including some of these features:
  • Custom navbar and navigation tab look.
  • Custom sidebar style, the typical block is not behind the widgets/blocks they're all separate!
  • Custom statusicons for forum_new and forum_old.png along with custom pagination and other image replacements.
  • Fluid and Fixed Width available!
  • Perfect style for resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 or larger!

Demo?
Sure! View Avenger Fixed Width OR Fluid Width Demo.
*Please Note: The Demo site has a custom CMS Layout in place therefor normal CMS layout sites will see a CMS/Articles page resembling the screenshot.



Questions and Answers

Q. So what do we have here?
A. Well that's simple! It's a dark style for vBulletin 4.2.1-4.2.2 Suite (or Forum Classic).

Q. You have a link to your site in the footer, can I remove that?
A. You are not allowed to remove the link to our site i.e. "branding" unless you pay for a Branding Free Version. If I find someone running this without the copyright in place I will contact your host and file a DMCA complaint period the end. *Furthermore, we will not host discussions nor reply to any sort of inquiries on here in regards to paid or branding free versions so please do not bring up the subject of either in this thread.



Please Note:
  • Partial Support is provided when I have the spare time which is sparse by the way so please don't whine and moan in the thread if I do not reply promptly to a question or issue you have simply nudge me with a private message on here instead of posting nonsense OR alternatively you can post in the styles support thread on our company site see below .
  • Full Support is provided via our company site, visit the styles support thread.

Notes & Update Information can be found here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...40&postcount=2

Restrictions:
This style is not meant for use on http://www.carbonracecars.com otherwise have at it!

*IMPORTANT*

To install the style:

1) Upload the contents of the UPLOAD Folder.
2) If for example you want the Fixed style installed then import the file:
*Please note, if you do not use the vBulletin Suite and have the Forum Classic version you only need to install the file vbulletin-style-Avenger-421-Forum-Fixed.xml (OR -Fluid.xml).
a) Import the vbulletin-style-Avenger-421-Forum-Fixed.xml file first.
b) Merge in the vbulletin-style-Avenger-421-CMS-Fixed.xml (Options when uploading a style allow you to merge into a existing style, choose to merge this into the new style you just created using the Forum.xml.
c) Merge in the vbulletin-style-Avenger-421-Forum-Blog.xml into the style, this has now updated the style for all three major products and the installation is complete!
3) Enjoy!

*If you're running vBulletin 4.2.2 be sure to check the box:
Ignore Style Version
Use style file even if it was created by a different version of vBulletin?

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Suite Style Avenger Blue Style by TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman vBulletin 4.x Styles 702 11 Aug 2017 06:57
Forum Style Dark FTW (black and grey) DAMINK vBulletin 4.x Styles 23 22 Nov 2013 16:50
Proboards Black [Black/dark grey] Neo_Angelo vBulletin 3.6 Styles 65 04 Apr 2012 22:52

  #16  
Old 12 Jul 2014, 07:03
K4GAP K4GAP is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
That's ok, I deleted it. I couldn't make it work with my background, to much off center.

Thanks for taking the time building it and, patching it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12 Jul 2014, 21:21
TheLastSuperman's Avatar
TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Michael Miller Jr
Cool

Originally Posted by K4GAP View Post
I started to take a hack saw to my monitor but then realized it might all pour out
Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Lmao
Originally Posted by K4GAP View Post
That's ok, I deleted it. I couldn't make it work with my background, to much off center.

Thanks for taking the time building it and, patching it.
Next time if it's one of my styles post the issue in the thread, if you look back at Avenger Blue I helped a few people do some custom stuff to it and I don't mind so long as it's within the styles thread so others can see and gather ideas from it too .

Meh I try, if I had more time or a clone machine I'd be set, wouldn't we all?
__________________
Daddy Does Dios and Figs!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelastsuperman

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12 Jul 2014, 23:10
K4GAP K4GAP is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Didn't want to bother you with such a trivial matter. I know you put a lot of work into your releases and I didn't want to be a headache

Before I gave up on trying to fix it myself, other than the offset, It was (IMO) the BEST looking gaming style I've seen.

I had put so much time and effort into it but just couldn't get it exactly right with the offset. So, in a moment of frustration, I deleted it

In a few days when I'm done reworking XiTCLUBS's latest style, I'll check out your patched style. I really liked what I did with it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 13 Jul 2014, 01:13
K4GAP K4GAP is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
DISREGARD --- > How / where do I add padding to left side of cms articles?

Update:
The offset is slightly worse, let me explain ... To note* (This is not really noticeable using the style as you have designed it*)

The only way it becomes noticeable is if you do as I have tried to do and use a full image as the background. So, it's really not your problem as much as it is mine. I would not expect you to address my situation as it is not the norm.

Let me explain further so that you will understand how I notice the offset so quickly.

I like to personalize most any fixed style I place on my site. This usually involves changing the background image to accentuate the center of the page, my idea of drawing the eye to the content. Here is what I do:

1. Whatever the width of the style is I'll make a blank (canvas if you will) the same width as the fixed size using my image editor (Paint Shop Pro).
2. To finish out the sides of the background I will add an even amount to each side of the center image (the canvas I spoke of) using a different color or image that matches everything else.

This is how it's so noticeable to me right off the bat. If it were centered, all the content would be inside the "canvas".

Does any of this make sense?

SO, as you can see, it's really just my problem. Your style looks really nice the way it is. It's just not one I can alter the background on as I like to do.

I'm sorry for being such a pain
Attached Images
File Type: png skreen.png (18.2 KB, 17 views)
__________________


Last edited by K4GAP; 13 Jul 2014 at 05:44. Reason: Update
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 14 Jul 2014, 22:14
TheLastSuperman's Avatar
TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Michael Miller Jr
Cool

Originally Posted by K4GAP View Post
DISREGARD --- > How / where do I add padding to left side of cms articles?

Update:
The offset is slightly worse, let me explain ... To note* (This is not really noticeable using the style as you have designed it*)

The only way it becomes noticeable is if you do as I have tried to do and use a full image as the background. So, it's really not your problem as much as it is mine. I would not expect you to address my situation as it is not the norm.

Let me explain further so that you will understand how I notice the offset so quickly.

I like to personalize most any fixed style I place on my site. This usually involves changing the background image to accentuate the center of the page, my idea of drawing the eye to the content. Here is what I do:

1. Whatever the width of the style is I'll make a blank (canvas if you will) the same width as the fixed size using my image editor (Paint Shop Pro).
2. To finish out the sides of the background I will add an even amount to each side of the center image (the canvas I spoke of) using a different color or image that matches everything else.

This is how it's so noticeable to me right off the bat. If it were centered, all the content would be inside the "canvas".

Does any of this make sense?

SO, as you can see, it's really just my problem. Your style looks really nice the way it is. It's just not one I can alter the background on as I like to do.

I'm sorry for being such a pain
If you will make me a temp admin account w/ access to modify styles only nothing else and pm me the details I'll fix er' up in a hit & run style fashion (lol) then you can delete the admin account, lemme know .
__________________
Daddy Does Dios and Figs!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelastsuperman

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 15 Jul 2014, 02:20
K4GAP K4GAP is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanks Mike,

Help me figure something out .... exactly what time did you do your last file update for this style?

The style is now centered. I tinkered with it during the early morning hours between about 1-6 am today. During that time I at some point tried for the 2nd or 3rd time downloading and uploading your style's xml. I don't know whether it was myself or you that fixed it.

Here is what it looks like now.

I created you an account which I will leave active.
User:Michael
Pass: I'll pm it to you

btw, the style is no where near finished so what you see is just the beginning of the project.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 16 Jul 2014, 20:39
TheLastSuperman's Avatar
TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Michael Miller Jr
Cool

Originally Posted by K4GAP View Post
Thanks Mike,

Help me figure something out .... exactly what time did you do your last file update for this style?

The style is now centered. I tinkered with it during the early morning hours between about 1-6 am today. During that time I at some point tried for the 2nd or 3rd time downloading and uploading your style's xml. I don't know whether it was myself or you that fixed it.

Here is what it looks like now.

I created you an account which I will leave active.
User:Michael
Pass: I'll pm it to you

btw, the style is no where near finished so what you see is just the beginning of the project.
It was after you reported the missing you know what lol, I went back and found I had included the version without the link etc.

Now that I think about it, I believe the one I re-uploaded in the zip had a few more misc updates than the one taken from my live site (one was on live site the other localhost the entire time) and I bet that's what threw you off, sorry about that! One should also have some shading under the navigation tab font and two corners, when you see that you know it's the most current version .
__________________
Daddy Does Dios and Figs!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelastsuperman

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 16 Jul 2014, 22:36
K4GAP K4GAP is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
It was after you reported the missing you know what lol, I went back and found I had included the version without the link etc.

Now that I think about it, I believe the one I re-uploaded in the zip had a few more misc updates than the one taken from my live site (one was on live site the other localhost the entire time) and I bet that's what threw you off, sorry about that! One should also have some shading under the navigation tab font and two corners, when you see that you know it's the most current version .
Everything is looking good now. I decided that rather than make it a gaming style, I would tweak the graphics to represent my main style (Amateur Radio related). I've got just a few more tweaks and it will be my default style.

Really looking good and almost finished
Thanks for another great product and, thanks for being so supportive and patient.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 19 Jul 2014, 16:42
Karnath Karnath is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Real name: Andy
Hi Michael,

I think the style is stunning and perfect for what i was looking, the only very slight issue i have come across is using the fluid style on larger resolutions (ie) 29" 2560 x 1080 display

The forum category where it say thread/posts and last post gets miss-aligned but on iphones, ipads and smaller screens it's perfect.

No panic if i can't alter it, but just thought i might bring it to your attention

Iv'e added a screen shot

Many thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forum Title Spacing.jpg (27.3 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 21 Jul 2014, 03:09
TheLastSuperman's Avatar
TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Michael Miller Jr
Cool

Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
Will this be updated to work with 4.2.2 PL1 at any point
I just imported this into a new clients 4.2.2 pl1 and sure enough looks like you jinxed me Force jk jk but now I C what you mean it didn't import any stylevars nor the modified templates and additional.css was completely empty... is that what you were referring to? I'm trying to figure out why this 4.2.2 site and not others in the past.

Originally Posted by Karnath View Post
Hi Michael,

I think the style is stunning and perfect for what i was looking, the only very slight issue i have come across is using the fluid style on larger resolutions (ie) 29" 2560 x 1080 display

The forum category where it say thread/posts and last post gets miss-aligned but on iphones, ipads and smaller screens it's perfect.

No panic if i can't alter it, but just thought i might bring it to your attention

Iv'e added a screen shot

Many thanks
K will see what I can do, might just increase the image size or set to repeat.
__________________
Daddy Does Dios and Figs!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelastsuperman

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 21 Jul 2014, 22:31
TheLastSuperman's Avatar
TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Michael Miller Jr
Ok Force for some odd reason on the 4.2.2 I was on, if you imported the CMS and Blog style .xml files (and chose to overwrite) it set the style back to default so only import the forum.xml style file and check, let me know if that sorted it so I can determine if this is a bug or not and submit to the tracker - thanks!
__________________
Daddy Does Dios and Figs!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelastsuperman

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 23 Jul 2014, 13:50
ForceHSS's Avatar
ForceHSS ForceHSS is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
Ok Force for some odd reason on the 4.2.2 I was on, if you imported the CMS and Blog style .xml files (and chose to overwrite) it set the style back to default, so only import the forum.xml style file and check, let me know if that sorted it so I can determine if this is a bug or not and submit to the tracker - thanks!
Sorry I can't test this for you I can give you access to all my stuff and you can test it if you want. I removed it as it was not working, but this was before the heart attack. I would love to get this working on my forums as I love the style, but it's too much for me to do now so posting and answering some questions for now is the best I can do.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 23 Jul 2014, 20:04
TheLastSuperman's Avatar
TheLastSuperman TheLastSuperman is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Michael Miller Jr
Cool

Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
Sorry I can't test this for you I can give you access to all my stuff and you can test it if you want. I removed it as it was not working, but this was before the heart attack. I would love to get this working on my forums as I love the style, but it's too much for me to do now so posting and answering some questions for now is the best I can do.
I saw your post regarding that and I'm sorry to hear you went through one, I hope you're back to feeling like 100% ASAP!!!!!!!

When I have some spare time I might just ask for login to test but I believe, cannot confirm yet that it's a random/intermittent bug with vB4 as it does not happen with all 4.2.2 sites but let me verify on that last site because I have it working now but the past few nights I can't tell you how I fixed what, that many issues have arose I've had to fix it's been some long nights.
__________________
Daddy Does Dios and Figs!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/thelastsuperman

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 26 Jul 2014, 06:35
KGodel's Avatar
KGodel KGodel is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real name: James
Looks great man! Now if only I understood remotely how to make the Suite part look decent. :P
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09 Aug 2014, 13:36
K4GAP K4GAP is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Originally Posted by KGodel View Post
Looks great man! Now if only I understood remotely how to make the Suite part look decent. :P
I just checked out your site. I've been a gamer for over 20 years. I've built, helped build, moderator-ed, and been a member of gaming clans during that time.

Your gaming site is absolutely the VERY best I've ever seen! So, you must be doing something right

I really do think your design has set a standard for a gaming site that would be VERY hard to beat. Judging by what I saw here.

Who is your designer?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:06.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: