Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Sort threads by the date of the first post Details »
Sort threads by the date of the first post
Mod Version: 1.00, by garrynewman (Member) garrynewman is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.0 Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 10
Released: 09 Oct 2005 Last Update: Never Downloads: 33
Not Supported Uses Plugins  

A really simple plugin.

There's no controls, you need to add your forumid to the script itself.

It simply orders the threads by the date of the original post instead of the date of the last post made in that thread.

This could be useful for a forum in which you post news etc where you want the latest news to stay on top.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Comments
  #2  
Old 09 Oct 2005, 14:01
Colin F's Avatar
Colin F Colin F is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Very simple indeed

To use this for multiple forums, replace this:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

with this:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09 Oct 2005, 15:18
JohnBee JohnBee is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Wow! simple and yet so effective I will be using this in a few forums for sure.
thanks for this
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11 Oct 2005, 20:05
Andreas's Avatar
Andreas Andreas is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Andreas
For those who want more control over sorting:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=93074
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11 Oct 2005, 20:57
Dot50Cal Dot50Cal is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Yeah I seen that Kirby as I was searching for a system. This one does us just great and we dont need all that extra stuff Thanks though!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11 Oct 2005, 21:21
SALvation SALvation is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
OK, for the noob...

How do you install this?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11 Oct 2005, 21:35
Andreas's Avatar
Andreas Andreas is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Andreas
1. Start your computer
2. Login with a valid account for your computer
3. Make a connection to the internet (if you are not running vBulletin locally)
4. Open your Browser (if you are using Windows and the Internet Explorer, there should be a small e-icon next to the Start-Button in the lower left corner of your screen - click it)
5. Point your browser to your AdminCP-Driectory
In a standard installation, this is http://www.yoursite.com/forum/admincp
6. Login with your Admin account
7. In the left frame click the arrow next Plugin System to expand this group
8. Click Download/Upload Plugins
9. In the from, click browse to select the XML on your harddisk you previously saved there (in step 0)

Or in other words: Just import the plugin XML
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12 Oct 2005, 01:08
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by Colin F
Very simple indeed

To use this for multiple forums, replace this:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

with this:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
How would you do a setting for multiple forums?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06 May 2006, 02:11
Razasharp's Avatar
Razasharp Razasharp is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Fantastic plug-in!

Any chance of modifying it slightly so that users can further sort by the normal options too? (last post/thread starter/ratings etc)? Or is that too involved?

thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06 May 2006, 14:16
ryancooper's Avatar
ryancooper ryancooper is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
How can you order it opposite? I want the last post to be at the bottom and the first post to be at teh top?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06 May 2006, 14:55
Rickie3's Avatar
Rickie3 Rickie3 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Real name: Rick
Originally Posted by Andreas
1. Start your computer
2. Login with a valid account for your computer
3. Make a connection to the internet (if you are not running vBulletin locally)
4. Open your Browser (if you are using Windows and the Internet Explorer, there should be a small e-icon next to the Start-Button in the lower left corner of your screen - click it)
5. Point your browser to your AdminCP-Driectory
In a standard installation, this is http://www.yoursite.com/forum/admincp
6. Login with your Admin account
7. In the left frame click the arrow next Plugin System to expand this group
8. Click Download/Upload Plugins
9. In the from, click browse to select the XML on your harddisk you previously saved there (in step 0)

Or in other words: Just import the plugin XML
LOL,can you also tell me where to find the any key please?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06 May 2006, 15:04
Razasharp's Avatar
Razasharp Razasharp is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Originally Posted by ryancooper
How can you order it opposite? I want the last post to be at the bottom and the first post to be at teh top?
Try adding the bold bit in the plug-in (not sure if it works tho so test it on a test forum first)

if (in_array($foruminfo[forumid], array(97,52,53)))
{
$sqlsortfield = 'dateline';
$sqlsortorder = "asc";
}
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:01.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: