Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Discontinued Details »
Discontinued
Mod Version: 1.00, by h2ojunkie (Member) h2ojunkie is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.8.0 RC 2 Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 5
Released: 23 Dec 2008 Last Update: 23 Dec 2008 Downloads: 16
Not Supported  

This is a update of the original mod for 3.6/3.7 by woostar

woostar is now back, so I'm pulling this mod since there is no longer a reason for it.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Integration with vBulletin Google/Adsense Site Search Integrated into Advanced Search Page markbolyard vBulletin 3.6 Template Modifications 19 21 Sep 2010 16:16
New Posting Features Check4SPAM - Advanced SPAM Search & Destroy! woostar Modification Graveyard 84 13 Jan 2009 14:09
New Posting Features Check4SPAM - Advanced SPAM Search & Destroy! woostar Modification Graveyard 34 13 Jan 2009 14:09
Boolean Search as Default in Advanced Search Options Neutral Singh vBulletin 3.5 Template Modifications 6 12 Apr 2006 07:01

Comments
  #2  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 01:51
vHBolo vHBolo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
thanks bots have been getting bad lately for me
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 02:07
Chadi's Avatar
Chadi Chadi is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
This is not working accurately for me.

Instead of stopping the member from posting links, it simply puts their message in moderation queue. Why?

My settings are right and used to work fine prior to upgrading to 3.7.4 vb.

My test post was a test member (member group) with 0 post count.

The body was simply

"test post

test.com"

Thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (98.9 KB, 12 views)
__________________
...............................
Talk Jesus Forums: Christian Chat
games . chat . gallery . bible . videos

Last edited by Chadi; 23 Dec 2008 at 02:28.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 02:22
ShackMaster ShackMaster is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I came from the other thread where I was having an issues and asked that someone upgrade this mod. Thanks for you work, however, I am still experiencing a problem. I have usergroups listed under the following section in AdminCP:

Plugin Usergroup Ignore List
List of usergroup ID's that this plugin will not affect.

Even if they are listed for the plugin to not affect them, it still sends their posts to moderation queue if they have less than 5 posts.

I do not mind chipping in if this is fixed.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 05:03
h2ojunkie h2ojunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Originally Posted by chadi View Post
This is not working accurately for me.

Instead of stopping the member from posting links, it simply puts their message in moderation queue. Why?

My settings are right and used to work fine prior to upgrading to 3.7.4 vb.

My test post was a test member (member group) with 0 post count.

The body was simply

"test post

test.com"

Thanks for your help
Read the description, I changed the modification to work this way on purpose.

URL spam is now sent to the moderation que just like keyword spam. I didn't like the original way the mod posted URL spam to a private forum, or stopped it all together since too many valid posts were lost and it discourages new members from participating in the site. So now it just moderates all spam so a moderator can decide to delete or allow it.

Originally Posted by ShackMaster View Post
I came from the other thread where I was having an issues and asked that someone upgrade this mod. Thanks for you work, however, I am still experiencing a problem. I have usergroups listed under the following section in AdminCP:

Plugin Usergroup Ignore List
List of usergroup ID's that this plugin will not affect.

Even if they are listed for the plugin to not affect them, it still sends their posts to moderation queue if they have less than 5 posts.

I do not mind chipping in if this is fixed.

Thanks!
2 things:
1) is your list of usergroups separated with commas?
2) the modification originally only checked the primary usergroup of the member, I've now updated it to check the primary and secondary usergroups.

D/L the update as I suspect your problem was due to the usergroups you were trying to ignore being secondary usergroups

If you continue to have problems, uninstall the original, and re-install just to be sure your settings are correct.

I have tested this on 3.7.4 and 3.8.0RC1/2 and it works fine.

Last edited by h2ojunkie; 23 Dec 2008 at 05:11.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 05:15
Chadi's Avatar
Chadi Chadi is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Originally Posted by h2ojunkie View Post
Read the description, I changed the modification to work this way on purpose.

URL spam is now sent to the moderation que just like keyword spam. I didn't like the original way the mod posted URL spam to a form, and moderated keyword spam. So now it just moderates all spam.
That doesn't really make any sense. It contradicts the purpose of 'no links' unless x amount of posts are made. The whole purpose is to prevent them from posting links in the first place, not mark them as spam. The spam keyword area has its own section and does its own purpose.

After all the description says

"Only users with this number of posts or less will be stopped from posting URL links."

Its obviously not 'stopping' anything, only sending them to mod queue.

Maybe you can provide both options to choose from? That'll be great at least.
__________________
...............................
Talk Jesus Forums: Christian Chat
games . chat . gallery . bible . videos

Last edited by Chadi; 23 Dec 2008 at 05:21.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 05:48
h2ojunkie h2ojunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Originally Posted by chadi View Post
That doesn't really make any sense. It contradicts the purpose of 'no links' unless x amount of posts are made. The whole purpose is to prevent them from posting links in the first place, not mark them as spam. The spam keyword area has its own section and does its own purpose.

After all the description says

"Only users with this number of posts or less will be stopped from posting URL links."

Its obviously not 'stopping' anything, only sending them to mod queue.

Maybe you can provide both options to choose from? That'll be great at least.
I get what you're saying, but I have no personal use for the mod in it's original form.

When I tested the original mod live in the original version. I kept getting new members making posts like "I'm not allowed to post URL's until I hit 10 posts, so I'm posting this to get my post count up"

I only uploaded my revised version of it because it was requested in the thread for the old version.

Personally, I see no reason to moderate the word ipod, but delete/block a URL. Either one may be a valid post and chasing away a new member by not letting them make a valid post makes no sense to me.

And I'd much rather catch a spammer that joined my site through moderated posts so I can ban them instead of just blocking the URL and never knowing I have a spammer who may then go on to spam via PM in the background without me ever knowing.

I don't like the idea of giving a spammer a message that says "Hey, make 3 or 4 more good posts, and then we'll stop blocking your URLs and let you spam away after that"

The moderation que gives me the option to either ban the spammer, or allow a good post through and not discourage a new member from participating.


P.S. I will update the phrase in the settings screen to clarify.

I didn't really look to see what was not working in the original other than the secondary user groups. If that's the only problem you had with the original. Take a look at what I changed on the 1st line of the plugin Check4SPAM - Scan and moderate (newpost_process) to support secondary usergroups and apply that change to the original version.

Last edited by h2ojunkie; 23 Dec 2008 at 09:47.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 18:31
woostar's Avatar
woostar woostar is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Hi all,

Really sorry for not being about. I've had shed loads of work that's got in the way of personal projects (this was written for my forum and only an after thought to release publicly).

I don't mind if anyone want to carry on modding this code (although if you had PM'd I would have replied).

Personally I wouldn't send all URL's to be moderated (at least give an option to ban or send to be moderated). Not sure why some people are having problems with the original release. I get about 150k posts a month and never had any problems.

I have slowly been working on this mod on my forum. Maybe h2ojunkie or anyone else who want to reuse the code wants to incorporate some of my unfinished ideas and beta code, I've attached a working but beta product (note the beta plugins are not active so you'll have to turn them on if you want to test).

I have no problem in the code being reused, but in the new year when I have more time I may want to release another version. We may go in different directions so would probably be best to pick a new name (all I ask is a small credit for the reused code in your new creation ).

Things that work in the beta:
  • 3 strikes and timeout - After the 3rd try on posting a URL the user will be unable to post for 10 minutes (10 mins by default but you can set how long in admincp). I was going to add ban or timeout option.
  • Fixed the edit post bug where users can go back and edit posts and by pass spam filter.
  • Tweaked the URL detection method.
Things I think work but needs checking:
  • PM Spam filter.
  • Signature Spam filter.
Suggestions:
  • The main spam code is a fair few times on different hooks. I would make it into a function and call it as needed.
  • Needs adding the spam filter to groups and profile messages.


I will make another release soon but give me time to get rid of my backlog of work.

Regards,
W.>
Attached Files
File Type: xml product-woostar_check4spam-beta.xml (38.9 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 18:34
Alfa1's Avatar
Alfa1 Alfa1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
How can I fix this bug?

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I see that multiple people have this bug, as there are also posts about this on vb.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 18:47
woostar's Avatar
woostar woostar is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
How can I fix this bug?

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I see that multiple people have this bug, as there are also posts about this on vb.com
do you get this just when posting a normal none spam post?

Do you have the link to the vb.com post handy?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 19:14
woostar's Avatar
woostar woostar is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
ahhhhhhhhh - I think I know why....

These lines:
foreach ($allowedurls as $allowedurl) {
$message = (preg_replace('/(\[url=?"?\]?)(https?\:\/\/)?(www\.)?' . $allowedurl . '\/?"?\]?(.*?)?\[\/url\]/i', '', $message));
}
should be:

foreach ($allowedurls as $allowedurl) {
$allowedurl = str_replace('/', '\/', $allowedurl);
$message = (preg_replace('/(\[url=?"?\]?)(https?\:\/\/)?(www\.)?' . $allowedurl . '\/?"?\]?(.*?)?\[\/url\]/i', '', $message));
}
Will have to have a proper look at the code.

Maybe h2ojunkie can confirm.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 19:48
Chadi's Avatar
Chadi Chadi is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Originally Posted by woostar View Post
Hi all,

Really sorry for not being about. I've had shed loads of work that's got in the way of personal projects (this was written for my forum and only an after thought to release publicly).

I don't mind if anyone want to carry on modding this code (although if you had PM'd I would have replied).

Personally I wouldn't send all URL's to be moderated (at least give an option to ban or send to be moderated). Not sure why some people are having problems with the original release. I get about 150k posts a month and never had any problems.

I have slowly been working on this mod on my forum. Maybe h2ojunkie or anyone else who want to reuse the code wants to incorporate some of my unfinished ideas and beta code, I've attached a working but beta product (note the beta plugins are not active so you'll have to turn them on if you want to test).

I have no problem in the code being reused, but in the new year when I have more time I may want to release another version. We may go in different directions so would probably be best to pick a new name (all I ask is a small credit for the reused code in your new creation ).

Things that work in the beta:
  • 3 strikes and timeout - After the 3rd try on posting a URL the user will be unable to post for 10 minutes (10 mins by default but you can set how long in admincp). I was going to add ban or timeout option.
  • Fixed the edit post bug where users can go back and edit posts and by pass spam filter.
  • Tweaked the URL detection method.
Things I think work but needs checking:
  • PM Spam filter.
  • Signature Spam filter.
Suggestions:
  • The main spam code is a fair few times on different hooks. I would make it into a function and call it as needed.
  • Needs adding the spam filter to groups and profile messages.

I will make another release soon but give me time to get rid of my backlog of work.

Regards,
W.>

Good to hear from you. I agree, sending all url's to be moderated is purposeless and defeats having a minimum post requirement before they are entitled to posting url's. If you can please fix your original mod to work in 3.7.4 that'll be great. I'll donate.
__________________
...............................
Talk Jesus Forums: Christian Chat
games . chat . gallery . bible . videos
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 23 Dec 2008, 19:52
h2ojunkie h2ojunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Since woostar is back, I'm going to pull this mod down.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 18:56.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: