Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Block Censored Words in Posts by BOP5 VB4 Details »
Block Censored Words in Posts by BOP5 VB4
Developer Last Online: Jul 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (8 votes - 4.50 average) Installs: 59
Released: 20 Dec 2010 Last Update: 24 Jun 2012 Downloads: 312
Not Supported Uses Plugins Re-usable Code Translations  

By BirdOPrey5 / Qapla.com

Version 1.3

For people who don't want to see censored text (******) in their posts this mod will prevent a user from even submitting a new post or thread that has any word that would be censored. They will be forced to change it or it simply won't post. (Now works on post edits as well.)

You can demo this by trying post in the Testing Forum at Qapla.com. You can try posting the "F" word or other major curse words which are censored here.

Options included to limit checking on thread titles or only post bodies, or both. Also option to use on specific forums instead of all forums on your site.

Works on all vBulletin versions out there, VB 3.6.x through 4.2.x and will work on 4.3.x I'm sure as well.

I'd like to thank kh99 for helping me find the right hook to use on this mod.

Please Mark As Installed if you use this.
Donations Always Appreciated.

English - Downloaad Zip File - V 1.3

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	blockwords_newreplyvb4.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	139342   Click image for larger version

Name:	blockwords_settings.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	139343  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features Block Censored Words in Posts by BOP5 BirdOPrey5 vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 14 29 Sep 2015 09:56
Administrative and Maintenance Tools Auto Delete Censored Words / Make Censored Words Disappear ShackMaster Modification Graveyard 9 07 Apr 2009 16:32

Old 09 Apr 2015, 20:51

I've just marked "Check Titles" option but this mod still keep censoring words in posts. Any idea why this is happening ?

I just need censorship on titles, i dont want this mod check posts and censore words in posts bu seems that option doesnt work somehow.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 12:41

Sorry but I've tested this a number of times and it works fine for me- are you sure these are your settings?

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 13:13

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
Sorry but I've tested this a number of times and it works fine for me- are you sure these are your settings?

Hello,

Yes, i am sure. My settings exactly same as this. But still it check posts and censore words...
Old 11 Apr 2015, 19:25

I can't explain it but if you don't want to worry about post text here is an .xml file that doesn't have the code to even check post text, it only checks titles. Just import it and overwrite the existing mod, leave the same settings.

I also updated the message to say: A censored word was detected. Please do not use censored words in your post titles
Attached Files
File Type: xml product-wordblockbop5vb4titlesonly.xml (8.3 KB, 3 views)

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Old 11 Apr 2015, 21:01

I can't explain it but if you don't want to worry about post text here is an .xml file that doesn't have the code to even check post text, it only checks titles. Just import it and overwrite the existing mod, leave the same settings.

I also updated the message to say: A censored word was detected. Please do not use censored words in your post titles
Thank you very much, but weirdly it still censore posts (

here is my settings:

When i deactivate the mod, censore gone, when i active it keep continuing censore posts (
Old 11 Apr 2015, 21:24

This mod does't stop words in posts from being censored. That was never the intent. What it does is prevent users from physically posting a thread if a word that would be censored is detected.

Old 11 Apr 2015, 21:37

This mod does't stop words in posts from being censored. That was never the intent. What it does is prevent users from physically posting a thread if a word that would be censored is detected.
I dont want this mod stop censore words in posts, i just want this mod dont censore words in post. I need this mod only for titles, i dont want it interfere to posts.
Old 13 Apr 2015, 00:30

This mod doesn't change where words get censored. They get censored everywhere because that is how vBulletin censor works. This mod doesn't change how the vBulletin built in censor works.

Old 13 Apr 2015, 10:45

This mod doesn't change where words get censored. They get censored everywhere because that is how vBulletin censor works. This mod doesn't change how the vBulletin built in censor works.
I didnt censore those words in vBulletin censore system (settings). Your mod censore those words. When i disable it censore gone, when i enable it censore is back.

If you are thinking that those words already in the list of censore words (vBulletin built in censore system), no they are not there. I really didnt added them to in vBulletin built in censore settings. I only added those words to your mod and it censore posts...
Old 13 Apr 2015, 15:29

I understand now. The mod is designed to work by just adding those words to the censored list. I'll need to relook at how the mod works. I'll post an update if I get it working that words in post won't be censored in the scenario you describe.

Old 13 Apr 2015, 15:51

I understand now. The mod is designed to work by just adding those words to the censored list. I'll need to relook at how the mod works. I'll post an update if I get it working that words in post won't be censored in the scenario you describe.
I'll be waiting for your update, thank you very much.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 15:04

I too am hoping to just block words in post titles, not censor them in the post. Was an update ever released for that?
Old 11 Oct 2016, 16:51

The product has separate settings for titles and posts.

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Old 11 Oct 2016, 20:31

Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
The product has separate settings for titles and posts.
you are correct, but it still censors everything the same. in other words, if i want to prevent a new thread from being created that uses "http" in the thread title, that works. but it also then adds "http" to the list of censored words meaning it censors/removes any instance of "http" within the post content. i only want it to search titles and ignore everything in the post content.

....if that makes sense.
Old 11 Oct 2016, 20:45

Yes, and I apologize for not realizing that checking titles only still leads to censorship in the post content.

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons