Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
MGC Chatbox Evo Details »
MGC Chatbox Evo
Mod Version: 3.4.0, by VBDev (Coder) VBDev is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (306 votes - 4.63 average) Installs: 2473
Released: 28 Jan 2008 Last Update: 02 Sep 2013 Downloads: 46059
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  



This mod is automatically compatible with vB3.6.x, vB3.7.x, vB3.8.x and vB4.x.x


Overview

MGC Chatbox Evo is the most ever installed chatbox for vBulletin !


It offers a new enhanced online experience to your members leading to increased time spent online of more than 25% by providing them with a new, more interactive, way to interact with each other.
  • Important number of features
  • High level of configurability to fit each users needs
  • Channels system
  • Many commands
  • Bot system
  • and more...
... makes MGC Chatbox Evo a must have for your forum !

Detailed features

Following is a non-exhaustive list:
  • Simple install
  • Ajax based with:
    • Fast and Intelligent chats retrieval through javascript calls to server files (refresh delay configurable per usergroup)
    • Edit/update by double-clicking on a chat
    • Interact on chats through menus and javascript
  • Many usergroup permissions to limit features according to usergroups
  • Full configuration of the chatbox display:
    Size, position on forum pages, editor layout (either top/bottom input or left/right textarea) and position, number of chats displayed, ...
  • Full configuration of the chats display:
    Authorized bbcodes selection, date/time options, avatar display, ...
  • Possibility to create channels (unlimited number) with multiple configuration options:
    • Warn user of new message when not active through blinking image and eventually sound notification
    • Possibility to select on which specific page each is displayed
    • Option to display the channel only for selected languages
    • Usergroup/User permissions to access the channel
  • Many commands available with usergroup/user permissions to access them:
    • /me: well known IRC command
    • /del: remove shouts (different possibilities of removal)
    • /ignore: ignore shouts from another user
    • /ban: ban user from chatbox
    • /pm: send a private chat to another user
    • /announcement: modify the announcement on top of the chatbox
    • /slap: allow user to slap another user
    • /team: chats sending between specified usergroups
    • /l33t: I33t-ify a message
    • /banchan: ban user from specific channel [PRO only]
  • Forum activity notifications system in the chatbox:
    • Different display options:
      • In the chatbox melted with chats
      • In the chatbox in a separate column
      • In the vB4 sidebar or a custom sidebar for vB3
    • Multiple notifications:
      • New thread creation
      • New post creation
      • Post thanked (Abe's)
      • New registrations (not included - separate product)
      • IBProarcade highscore (not included - separate product)
  • Bot system with set of predefined trigger chat and corresponding answers and automatic bot chats [PRO only]
  • Archive system with statistics as well as download and search capabilities
  • Possibility to display the list of users online in the chatbox
  • Force anynomous to enter a username before chatting if they can access the chatbox
  • Antiflood system
  • Private chats feature through PM in tabs
  • Optional sound notifications
  • Inactive mode feature for server load optimization
  • User statistics display in posts and profile
  • Chatbox statistics display on forumhome
  • Create thread from a chat [PRO only]
  • CMS Integration (not included - separate product)
    • vBAdvanced CMPS
    • vBulletin 4 CMS
  • Importers from other chatbox systems:
Install

Refer to the readme for the chatbox install.

Demo

Live demo on MGC Products forum

Languages
  1. French
  2. English
  3. German [Not yet updated]
  4. Serbian [Not yet updated]
Support

On my website mostly and in this thread


Intégration

Integration in IBProarcade is described in the readme.
vBAdvanced CMPS and vBulletin 4 CMS integration are available as additional modules.


Compatibility

This hack is compatible with vB3.6.x, vB3.7.x
, vB3.8.x and vB4.x.x

Changelog

First part:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=221

Second part:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=5429

Third part:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=8469

How to set the channel images


Thanks to princeedwards for this little how to : click here

PRO version and additional addons available on my website

This mod is automatically compatible with vB3.6.x, vB3.7.x, vB3.8.x and vB4.x.x

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Chat Modifications Cyb - ChatBox Valter vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 1244 03 Feb 2016 13:36
Chat Modifications Chatbox Rules in cyb chatbox title Hornstar vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 15 23 Apr 2011 16:57

  #181  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 02:22
quiescent quiescent is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
btw, is there a way to disable the archives?
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 04:18
adnedarn adnedarn is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by quiescent View Post
btw, is there a way to disable the archives?

Admin panel ->usergroup manager -> pick a user group -> Can view the archives [yes] [NO]

Then of course there is the option for how many days chats are kept...

admin panel -> MGC Chatbox Evo : General options -> Number of days before automatic chats removal [set a number of days]

Andrew
__________________
www.terraforums.com (Carnivorous plant discussions)
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 09:19
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by Sandy-XXX View Post
I want the next version with the spanish language bug fixed, I mark installed for monitoring the mod.
Don't worry I found the error in the spanish language file

Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
VBDev- this may be another "just how it is" thing, but if I make there be alot of shouts in the box (so you can scroll back and read them without having a huge box on the home page, or having to go in the archive to see them) and you click the down arrow next to a name to send a pm or whatever... The more shouts you list, the further down the page that popup window is from your curser.

Andrew
I don't get you on that one ? What do you mean ?

Originally Posted by maidos View Post
bug for /me
when i type "sme" and "ame"
it becomes like /me commands
Hum really ? I'll check that out then !

Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
For chatbox time format I have H:i A set. But the time says: 20:23PM I'm not sure if that is included in the current time bug or not.
Andrew
H is for 24 format i think. This is not a bug but rather a misset of the parameter.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 09:48
captainslater's Avatar
captainslater captainslater is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Real name: Dominic
Originally Posted by Saint_ago View Post
The color pallete doesn't show in Opera (in the Usergroup Manager nor UserCp and Chatbox). It opens a blank combo, but when we select a "color", the tags are inserted correctly.
The same in Firefox.
__________________
If you need a translation to german - I'm your man!
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 10:10
MotMann MotMann is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I need my delete "red X" back.
The Pulldownbox for manuell deletes is terrible and that takes to much time and dont work correct.
In the old Version, i click just on the "X" and everything is fine And its fast .....
• How i delete the Posts? Right now its not working and the pulldownmenü works wrong.
• Guest/Anonyme Post can't be delete from the admin, there is no pulldownmenü..
• Pulldownmenu in that area are not a good idea. Maybe there comes Problems with Affilipartner (Banner).
• How i can include the chat in online.php on the top?
• The Colortext will not be shown in ACP in Safari. The Pulldownbox is white.
• How i can use special smilies for the chat from the vB smilie menü?
• If i in the Team or member PM Channel, the normal Channel wil be flash after seconds, but here are no new Posts.

And there is something more wrong.. look at the screen From reload to reload comes more pulldownicons
Attached Images
File Type: png Bild 1.png (20.0 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by MotMann; 03 Feb 2008 at 10:45.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 11:38
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by MotMann View Post
I need my delete "red X" back.
The Pulldownbox for manuell deletes is terrible and that takes to much time and dont work correct.
In the old Version, i click just on the "X" and everything is fine And its fast .....
• How i delete the Posts? Right now its not working and the pulldownmenü works wrong.
Have you checked, there was a bug in the name of the js folder in the clientscript directory.

I missnamed it in the chatbox archive, it's mgc_cb_evo_cmd not mg_cb_evo_cmd, this is why u can't delete.

About red cross, I could perhaps add an inline delete like it's in the threadslist ? Permissions to use it would be independent from the chatbox delete command.

Originally Posted by MotMann View Post
• Guest/Anonyme Post can't be delete from the admin, there is no pulldownmenü..
Hum that's a bug yes you're right, I didn't thought at that.

Originally Posted by MotMann View Post
• Pulldownmenu in that area are not a good idea. Maybe there comes Problems with Affilipartner (Banner).
I don't get you on that one, what do you mean ?

Originally Posted by MotMann View Post
• How i can include the chat in online.php on the top?
Like in the previous version, there are options to achieve that by using the display on all page options and specifiying the good page

Originally Posted by MotMann View Post
• The Colortext will not be shown in ACP in Safari. The Pulldownbox is white.
Yes I know this is corrected in the upcoming version.

Originally Posted by MotMann View Post
• How i can use special smilies for the chat from the vB smilie menü?
I have yet not done anything about smilies but this is planned.

Originally Posted by MotMann View Post
• If i in the Team or member PM Channel, the normal Channel wil be flash after seconds, but here are no new Posts.
That might be due to the date problem, tell me after the next release if the problem is still there.

Originally Posted by MotMann View Post
And there is something more wrong.. look at the screen From reload to reload comes more pulldownicons
Oh strange, will check out that.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 11:56
MotMann MotMann is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Originally Posted by VBDev View Post
Have you checked, there was a bug in the name of the js folder in the clientscript directory.

I missnamed it in the chatbox archive, it's mgc_cb_evo_cmd not mg_cb_evo_cmd, this is why u can't delete.

About red cross, I could perhaps add an inline delete like it's in the threadslist ? Permissions to use it would be independent from the chatbox delete command.
I have the right Filename. And the permissions are right.

And yes. Red "X " are better.. the same as the last Version .. please

Originally Posted by VBDev View Post
I don't get you on that one, what do you mean ?
I mean overlay banner. That can make some problems, that the Pulldown is behind the Banner.

Originally Posted by VBDev View Post
Like in the previous version, there are options to achieve that by using the display on all page options and specifiying the good page
And how i do include it in online.php?



And new one: If i use the BB Size, the Color BB Code will be displayed.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 12:03
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
If you have the right filename and the right permissions you should be able to delete chats from within the chatbox.

In archives there was a bug which is corrected in next version this perhaps why u can't do it

If i do something in archives this won't be like in the previous version, this will be checkboxes like in the inline mod for threads in forumdisplay page.

I still don't understand you on the banner thing.


Have you checked in the admincp options, there are explanation on how to use the display on all pages option.

About BB Size u mean that color bbcode doesn't work when using it ?
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 12:28
alseef alseef is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Next version estimated release date : 01/02/08 or 02/02/08 (Bug corrections + some new features)

Today date : 03/02/08
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 12:49
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by alseef View Post
Next version estimated release date : 01/02/08 or 02/02/08 (Bug corrections + some new features)

Today date : 03/02/08
And so ??

Estimated means that It could be aswell another date than that !

New bugs have been reported so the release date is too !
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 14:29
mikkle mikkle is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: Error in js_page_jump in admincp on the command and channels pages

Originally Posted by lolo² View Post
the error message
I can confirm this (at least when using Firefox).

I successfully patched the by replacing the outer single-quotes with double-qoutes in admincp/mgc_cb_evo.php :

Line 45:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

changed to:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and Line 1313:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

changed to:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

:O) Mikkle
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 14:50
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by mikkle View Post
I can confirm this (at least when using Firefox).

I successfully patched the by replacing the outer single-quotes with double-qoutes in admincp/mgc_cb_evo.php :

Line 45:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

changed to:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and Line 1313:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

changed to:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

:O) Mikkle
Cool thanks for the fix

Not being able to reproduce it was a bit of a problem to fix it

Included in next release.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 14:57
adnedarn adnedarn is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Real name: Andrew
Originally Posted by VBDev View Post
I don't get you on that one ? What do you mean ?
If I put more "Maximum number of chats when the chatbox is not collasped (should be "collapsed" btw misspelled)" to 25. Then click a down arrow. The drop down is much lower than my curser.
On The image below, the black circle is where I clicked, and see how far down the drop down is? The more "Maximum number of chats when the chatbox is not collasped" I put, the further down it goes instead of being directly under your curser.

Originally Posted by VBDev View Post
H is for 24 format i think. This is not a bug but rather a misset of the parameter.
Then I guess your example is wrong? You have:

"AM/PM format (ie, 11:15 PM): h:i A "

I think the correct code for that would be "g:i A"

Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dropdown.jpg (44.7 KB, 40 views)
__________________
www.terraforums.com (Carnivorous plant discussions)

Last edited by adnedarn; 03 Feb 2008 at 15:02.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 15:10
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
If I put more "Maximum number of chats when the chatbox is not collasped (should be "collapsed" btw misspelled)" to 25. Then click a down arrow. The drop down is much lower than my curser.
On The image below, the black circle is where I clicked, and see how far down the drop down is? The more "Maximum number of chats when the chatbox is not collasped" I put, the further down it goes instead of being directly under your curser.
Hum I'll have a look.

Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
Then I guess your example is wrong? You have:

"AM/PM format (ie, 11:15 PM): h:i A "

I think the correct code for that would be "g:i A"
Oh ok thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 03 Feb 2008, 16:47
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
If I put more "Maximum number of chats when the chatbox is not collasped (should be "collapsed" btw misspelled)" to 25. Then click a down arrow. The drop down is much lower than my curser.
On The image below, the black circle is where I clicked, and see how far down the drop down is? The more "Maximum number of chats when the chatbox is not collasped" I put, the further down it goes instead of being directly under your curser.
About that problem, I am using vBulletin menu system to achieve the menu and the div used for that purpose are floating.

This is the reason why you see the menu above, as the chats are in scrollable div and the menu doesn't take that into account.

Unless I create my own menu system (which would take time) this won't be fixed. Otherwise, I could perhaps make the menu item open each time on top corner of the chatbox, what is your advice?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 23:41.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: