Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Google Admanager Integration Details »
Google Admanager Integration
Developer Last Online: Sep 2012 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (1 vote - 5.00 average) Installs: 37
Released: 02 Nov 2008 Last Update: 09 Nov 2008 Downloads: 234
Not Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits Re-usable Code Translations  

Notice: This mod uses Re-usable Code, so please feel free to port it to vbulletin 4 under your username. Thanks.

Google Admanager Integration

This product targets ads to usergroup, script, forum. That way you can
  • address ads to these targets.
    Example: Target all users except moderators in your favorite forums on index and forumdisplay directly in Google Admanager! (see Attachment 88883)
  • Adsense Advanced Statistics. Have a detailed view which usergroups, scripts, forums bring best adsense results. You have a detailed view about all targeting values.
    Example: You see that your announcement forum has a CTR of 8% and an eCPM of 25 $. Unregistered users bring an eCPM of 15 $ while registered users only have an eCPM of 3 $.
By the way a maximum of 6 adsense ads are allowed, when using Google Adsense in combination with Google Admanager.

1. Install product
If you upgrade: Allow Overwrite: Yes

2. Change template headinclude
If you upgrade please also do this. Add to end of this template:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

3. Google Admanager Configuration
Configure Admanager like I write in #2 post in this topic.

Version History
9.11.2008 1.2 Solved a bug for forum targeting
8.11.2008 1.1 Improved forum targeting. Forums are shown with real names. Unlimited forum levels supported.
1.11.2008 1.0 Forums are targeted by using forumids. 3 forum levels supported.

Works with vbulletin 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8. This product works perfectly with vbSEO. This product doesn't make the vBulletin 3.8 implementation of Adsense work with admanager.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	admanager.jpg
Views:	2876
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	88883  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Google Search Integration v1.0 yoyoyoyo vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 5 23 Aug 2005 12:30

Comments
Old 02 Nov 2008, 20:09

Google Admanager > Inventory > Targeting

Targeting Key: usergroup
Copy & paste:

Targeting Key: script
Copy & paste:

Targeting Key: forum
Copy & paste only this forum structure you get here:
www.yourforum.com/misc.php?do=admanager Login as administrator

Attached Images
File Type: jpg admanager.jpg (46.8 KB, 513 views)

Last edited by ThorstenA; 19 Nov 2008 at 05:44.
Old 03 Nov 2008, 12:11

How to
  • Target Custom Primary Usergroups. To target custom primary usergroups, add their ids on Google Admanager > Inventory > Targeting > Target Key: usergroups.
  • Integration Tips. Place following ad slots and target thousands of forums, usergroups, script combinations
    • ad slot named superbanner on ad_header
    • ad slot named rectangle on ad_navbar
    • ad slot skyscraper on ad_footer

FAQ

Originally Posted by abrecher View Post
I know it might be a tad off topic....I'm able to get all image ads served from GAM to show up inside actual forum posts. My issue is with text ads. Anybody have any tips or a way to serve them inside posts please ?
For text ads, go to Upload Creatives for and then choose: Creative Type: Rich Media. Then you can enter any html code you want, including text of course. Great to know is, that in "Rich Media" you can also enter another Google Admanager Placement code! That way you can put Google Admanager Adsense Placements in your Creative Types that are trackable within Google Admanager including all its analytic skills!

Last edited by ThorstenA; 13 Feb 2009 at 06:49.
Old 04 Nov 2008, 00:58

Great work!
Old 04 Nov 2008, 16:18

Originally Posted by glorify View Post
Great work!
Originally Posted by narhot View Post
Great work!
Thanks, I am really happy about feedback and will improve this product the more feedback I get. Please click "Install" if you use this product. Thank you
Old 05 Nov 2008, 18:27

Great mod! It would be really nice if we could manage more ad locations as well as control forums from the admin cp.
Old 05 Nov 2008, 19:06

Originally Posted by abrecher View Post
Great mod! It would be really nice if we could manage more ad locations as well as control forums from the admin cp.
What ad locations do you want to control more? Do you mean by that more scripts? Now we only have index, forumdisplay, showthread. Do you want to control more scripts?

What do you mean by control forums from admincp?

I like feedback and build more options into this mod if I find more ideas
Old 08 Nov 2008, 11:46

Update

8.11.2008 1.1 Improves forum targeting. Forums are now shown in their real names within admanager. It's also taken care of converting forum names to names consisting of characters google allowes.

When upgrading please also change headinclude template. Replace old f1, f2, f3 attribute codes with this code. And please update Google Admanager Targeting Key : forum!

Last edited by ThorstenA; 13 Nov 2008 at 19:32.
Old 09 Nov 2008, 10:29

great hack, thanks
Old 09 Nov 2008, 14:46

thorsten, I have a problem.

Let's say I have 1 ad slot, the same one in all my forums.
In the forum B I'd like to have the specific banner 1 all the time.

I targeted banner 2, 3 and 4 putting "forums not equal to B". Still they do appear in forum B and banner 1 doesn't. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

EDIT: Actually no part of the targeting is working, usergroups & script either :-(
EDIT2: I have > 100 forums and the names are sometims too long

Last edited by diretur; 09 Nov 2008 at 16:22.
Old 09 Nov 2008, 20:00

I have updated this product:

9.11.2008 1.2 Solved a bug for forum targeting. If you upgrade, install product (overwrite: yes) and update headinclude template. Thanks.

I hope this helps adressing forum targeting error. Long forum names are no problem as long as there are no two forum names that have same name after normalization. Google Admanager allows you to have up to 200 values per targeting criteria. You can just put the forums within admanager you like to track.

Targeting usergroup and script works fine for me. Please note, that it takes up some really long time for admanager to adjusts custom targeting criterias.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 09:21

How exactly is the adcode injected? I have a heavily modified forum - how does your script know where to place ads?
Old 10 Nov 2008, 09:38

Originally Posted by rob30UK View Post
How exactly is the adcode injected? I have a heavily modified forum - how does your script know where to place ads?
Google Admanager knows about targeting criterias from your modified headinclude template (step 2 of product installation).
  • Usergroups are fetched by $bbuserinfo[usergroup]
  • Script name is fetched by THIS_SCRIPT
  • forum names are fetched by product which fetches actual forum title and all parentforum titles via $foruminfo[parentlist]. It also normalizes all titles to match google target value criterias.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 11:20

Hi Thorsten, this wasnt really my question but thanks al the same.

I know how the adcode is targetted, but how does the script know WHERE in the page to place the ads.

Parts of my header are not definined in the header tempate. Parts of my navigation system are not defined in navbar template.... do you see what I am getting at here?

Surely there needs to be some token or script in the exact place where you want the ads to appear??

Maybe I am missing something here, who knows.
Old 10 Nov 2008, 11:41

Originally Posted by rob30UK View Post
Hi Thorsten, this wasnt really my question but thanks al the same.

I know how the adcode is targetted, but how does the script know WHERE in the page to place the ads.

Parts of my header are not definined in the header tempate. Parts of my navigation system are not defined in navbar template.... do you see what I am getting at here?

Surely there needs to be some token or script in the exact place where you want the ads to appear??

Maybe I am missing something here, who knows.
#1 You must put your adslots in template headinclude.
#2 You must put admanagers adcode in your page where it should appear.

Please note that you must do #1 and #2 to display ads for admanager. Regardeless if you use my mod or not.

My mod only takes care of targeting criterias. As these criterias are displayed on headinclude, and headinclude is always fetched within header, all sites that are delivered from vbulletin have this mods targeting criteria included.

Usergroup and Script are global values, so its no problem to put them in headinclude. Names of forums are not standard and therefore I have written this mod, which fetches them each time a site is presented. Hope I could answer your questions, if you have more questions, please ask!