Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Import External Images Details »
Import External Images
Mod Version: 1.0.5, by y2ksw (Coder) y2ksw is offline
Developer Last Online: Mar 2022 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (38 votes - 4.68 average) Installs: 300
Released: 07 Nov 2010 Last Update: 14 Feb 2011 Downloads: 1920
Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

This vBulletin 4 product imports external images in your posts from external servers or paths into a specific path, normally your forum's image folder.

Differently than the previous product Image Cache for vBulletin 3.x., it parses the posts at regular intervals for new images and replaces the external references in the background. Also, instead of using only a single folder, it creates folders for years and months, making it much easier to handle large quantities of images. The source and destination image URL's are stored into database, too, avoiding unnecessary duplicates.

It moves and optionally converts images from one place to another. It is a handy tool in order to keep your images local to your forums.

Version 1.0.4 is temporarily in BETA stage until the users have confirmed the newly requested features.
Version 1.0.5 is still in BETA stage. It adds a new bunch of additional features, one of which allows you to test your mathematical understanding ... and a few other to fine-tune CURL and socket timeouts, and resizing on the fly of too large images. If you don't know what these options do, please leave them at their default values.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	08-11-2010-11.32.53.jpg
Views:	4071
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	123480   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-02-2011-22.06.39.jpg
Views:	2833
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	126356  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #826  
Old 22 Feb 2020, 09:43
shka shka is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Originally Posted by Hostboard View Post
Still getting (1) error with this...

NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Fatal error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ']' on line 334 in /home/........./public_html/forums/includes/cron/iei_cron.php"

This did not work...


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
Then you made a typing error. "syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ']'" is not a php7 error or so. And you ar sure line 334? the qoted lines are in 324. Your quoted code can't be your inserted code.

But of course you can use the other version or from y2ksw (but the if conditions there is wrong I think)
Reply With Quote
  #827  
Old 23 Feb 2020, 07:53
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
$image_tags = array('img');

As far as I know, implicit arrays are not allowed for a long time by now, but explicit arrays like above, must work.
__________________
Giovanni
Reply With Quote
  #828  
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:15
Hostboard's Avatar
Hostboard Hostboard is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: Steven
Is there anyway to get this to support a URL such as:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If I try it comes back as invalid as I suspect it is looking for an image extension such as .jpg, .png, etc.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
PHP 7.4.x :: MariaDB 10.5.x :: UTF8MB4 & InnoDB Tables

Last edited by Hostboard; 24 Apr 2020 at 12:27.
Reply With Quote
  #829  
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:23
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
I was going to suggest you strip off everything after the .jpg extension so it would just be this:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

but that URL gives an error: Bad URL timestamp

Maybe because it's a CDN, possibly a private CDN?
Reply With Quote
  #830  
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:28
Hostboard's Avatar
Hostboard Hostboard is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: Steven
Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
I was going to suggest you strip off everything after the .jpg extension so it would just be this:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

but that URL gives an error: Bad URL timestamp

Maybe because it's a CDN, possibly a private CDN?
Not sure, but it should be able to pull down the image or at least I was hoping it would...
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
PHP 7.4.x :: MariaDB 10.5.x :: UTF8MB4 & InnoDB Tables
Reply With Quote
  #831  
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:32
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Originally Posted by Hostboard View Post
Not sure, but it should be able to pull down the image or at least I was hoping it would...
Not if the server is misconfigured or the link isn't accessible to the public.
Reply With Quote
  #832  
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:34
Hostboard's Avatar
Hostboard Hostboard is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: Steven
I can enter the entire URL and the image is displayed from multiple locations. But as you pointed out it is more than likely with the code after the named image.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
PHP 7.4.x :: MariaDB 10.5.x :: UTF8MB4 & InnoDB Tables
Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 24 Apr 2020, 12:46
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Ah yes. So it does.

I know that some online news services use similar formats to discourage or prevent image scraping. You may need to just accept that such images won't be imported. Alternatively, you can download the image from your browser and upload it from your local disk as an embedded attachment.
Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 24 Apr 2020, 13:04
Hostboard's Avatar
Hostboard Hostboard is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: Steven
Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
Ah yes. So it does.

I know that some online news services use similar formats to discourage or prevent image scraping. You may need to just accept that such images won't be imported. Alternatively, you can download the image from your browser and upload it from your local disk as an embedded attachment.
Because of what my site is/does, it is not something that I can do. I am just trying to supply the tools. I'll probably just have to have a developer look at it and see if it can be coded to accept URLs of this nature. Thanx for the replies
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
PHP 7.4.x :: MariaDB 10.5.x :: UTF8MB4 & InnoDB Tables
Reply With Quote
  #835  
Old 26 Apr 2020, 14:40
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by Hostboard View Post
Is there anyway to get this to support a URL such as:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If I try it comes back as invalid as I suspect it is looking for an image extension such as .jpg, .png, etc.
These URL's normally don't work, because they are usually a sub-set of a larger service.

It would eventually work, if the part after, including ? is removed. However it looks like a temporary link anyway.
__________________
Giovanni
Reply With Quote
  #836  
Old 18 Dec 2021, 08:14
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Hello Giovanni..

Hope you have been well. It's been a long time and I'm not sure that you are still active here.

I've been using your Beta 1.0.6 for several years with vBulletin 4.1.3pl1 and it’s been work great!

I’ve had to update to bulletin 4.25 now and I’m not sure what’s gone wrong, but the attachment files read by 1.0.6 into directory /images/imported are now showing with only a “?” where the picture should be?

When I check the link for any pic, it’s showing as an example.

/attachment.php?attachmentid=121951&d=1639421597

…. when it should be linking to a pic captured by your mod and stored within /images/imported?

I have the directory in your "Vb Import External Images" options page set to /images/imported.

I’m not sure what else I need to do to get into work with vBulletin 4.2.5 as it always has with 4.13pl1?

Can you help at all?

Thank you…

Regards,
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #837  
Old 18 Dec 2021, 17:45
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Hello Giovanni..

Hope you have been well. It's been a long time and I'm not sure that you are still active here.

I've been using your Beta 1.0.6 for several years with vBulletin 4.1.3pl1 and itís been work great!

Iíve had to update to bulletin 4.25 now and Iím not sure whatís gone wrong, but the attachment files read by 1.0.6 into directory /images/imported are now showing with only a ď?Ē where the picture should be?

When I check the link for any pic, itís showing as an example.

/attachment.php?attachmentid=121951&d=1639421597

Ö. when it should be linking to a pic captured by your mod and stored within /images/imported?

I have the directory in your "Vb Import External Images" options page set to /images/imported.

Iím not sure what else I need to do to get into work with vBulletin 4.2.5 as it always has with 4.13pl1?

Can you help at all?

Thank youÖ

Regards,
Doug
Hello Doug

In fact I have more or less moved away from web and forums, but I try to keep up - you never know.

I'm not sure what might have happened, but I guess, something at the server side has changed ... or the page encoding, style, PHP version, fopen permissions ... or the script was copied incomplete or was modified, or the database has a different encoding. Have you tried to change the setting and and change it again, in order to store it as a "new" setting?
__________________
Giovanni
Reply With Quote
  #838  
Old 04 Jan 2022, 20:25
Old-Git Old-Git is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Seeking a wee bit of advice of this mod. I'm in the process of rebuilding a vbforum from an old website that is now defunct. The old website ran this mod as an addon and it proved very useful. However, the restored database that I'm preping is currently running on a local machine on my home network so the URLs have all changed from FQDN to an IP address.

I've found a table in the database called IEI_IMG and it seems to me that all I need to do here is do a search and replace on the NewURL field and replace the sitename.com with IP address of the local machine on which it is running. Can anyone confirm that this is all I need to do to point the URL's for all the imported images to a new path on my local machine? Or will I have to single-step through every thread and replace every single URL?
__________________
My Wife married Mr Right, she simply failed to appreciate that my first name is always!
Reply With Quote
  #839  
Old 20 Jan 2022, 07:00
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by Old-Git View Post
Seeking a wee bit of advice of this mod. I'm in the process of rebuilding a vbforum from an old website that is now defunct. The old website ran this mod as an addon and it proved very useful. However, the restored database that I'm preping is currently running on a local machine on my home network so the URLs have all changed from FQDN to an IP address.

I've found a table in the database called IEI_IMG and it seems to me that all I need to do here is do a search and replace on the NewURL field and replace the sitename.com with IP address of the local machine on which it is running. Can anyone confirm that this is all I need to do to point the URL's for all the imported images to a new path on my local machine? Or will I have to single-step through every thread and replace every single URL?
I suggest to add your domain to the hosts file and access your local site as if it was remote.
__________________
Giovanni
Reply With Quote
  #840  
Old 07 Feb 2022, 14:15
Old-Git Old-Git is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanks for your reply Giovanni, I got it sorted in the end by doing a string replace in the database. The IEI_IMG table was just a simple record of what had been imported and from where, this was invaluable in helping me rebuild missing content so good call in including it in the package!

Is there any chance that this mod can be ported to VB5x, it's absolutely invaluable on my site!
__________________
My Wife married Mr Right, she simply failed to appreciate that my first name is always!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lisansdevir


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:14.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: