Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Yet Another Awards System Details »
Yet Another Awards System
Developer Last Online: Apr 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.2 Rating: (110 votes - 4.73 average) Installs: 979
Released: 10 Jan 2010 Last Update: 16 Dec 2014 Downloads: 7769
Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations  

*** CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR FORUM AND DATABASE BEFORE INSTALLING ***

DESCRIPTION:
This is a Medals/Awards system. Admin can give members awards, and award icons will be displayed in member's profile, posts, as well as in a award list.

FEATURES:
In AdminCP
- Can Create/Edit/Delete/Reorder categories/sub-categories in ACP (with category name and description)
- Can Create/Edit/Delete awards in ACP (with Award Name, Description, Icon URL, Image URL)
- Can Move one (or all) award(s) from one category to another
- Can set some awards un-classified (not displayed for public)
- Can re-order awards in awards showcase
- Issue awards to members, based on username or userid, with Issue Reason
- Remove awards from members
+ Writes granting/removing awards to the log

In ModCP
- Issue awards to members, based on username or userid, with Issue Reason
- Remove awards from members
+ Writes granting/removing award to the log

Front page
- Display awards list in with: Award Name, Description, Icon, Image, and Members who get each award.
- Display awards showcase in profile, with Award information, Issue time and reason
- Display award icons in postbit (showthread, showpost, announcement, private)

New Features/Additions since 3.8
- Points System
- Separate Award Request/Recommendation Forms
- CSS Customizable

Current Release Version 4.0.9
  • Added - Handling of user merges
  • Added - Handling of user deletes
  • Added - Manage awards on per user basis
  • Added - Extra info to the logs for mass removal and editing of issued awards
  • Added - Ability to collapse categories on awards.php
  • Added - Checksum file for checking for suspect file versions
  • Added - Various missing phrases
  • Fixed - Memberlist not showing awards when option is active
  • Fixed - Navtab not being selected (vb version < 4.2)
  • Fixed - Category title not being displayed on awards.php
  • Fixed - Logging not working in modcp
  • Fixed - A few other minor bugs

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	YaAS4-AwardListings.png
Views:	10356
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	109707   Click image for larger version

Name:	YaAS4-ProfileTab.png
Views:	13145
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	109708   Click image for larger version

Name:	YaAS4-Post.png
Views:	11052
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	109709   Click image for larger version

Name:	YAAS4-AdminCP.png
Views:	4705
Size:	381.0 KB
ID:	109710  

Click image for larger version

Name:	YaAS4-AdminCP-EditAward.png
Views:	3939
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	109711   Click image for larger version

Name:	YaAS4-AdminCP-EditCSS.jpg
Views:	3868
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	109712  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks Yet Another Awards System Xanlamin vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 555 11 Jan 2014 16:14
Awards Images and Icons for YaAS (Yet another Awards System) MarkFoster Miscellaneous Images 8 17 Jul 2012 22:57
Yet Another Awards System [1.2.1] mtha vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 242 14 Mar 2007 01:31

Old 25 Nov 2013, 15:46

Originally Posted by squidsk View Post
The reason likely is you haven't deleted your install directory as that is the most common reason for forums being hacked and if you didn't follow the email and admincp instructions from vbulletin then you were vulnerable and got hacked.

The exploit of this mod in question was fixed in version 4.0.4. If you get base64 results it isn't in the default installation, which you could have easily checked by downloading a fresh copy of the mod searching the file contents for base64. Since it has been added to the plugins for this mod you can safely assume that whoever hacked your site added it there.
of course i have been deleted all install folder and secure many stuff in vb. still not sure how they did. we are looking.

So in this case , i had using the v3 of this mod. after upgraded to vb v4 i have updated this mod too but of course upgraded , not a fresh install as i dont want to lose the saved awards and ... . what is ur suggestion in this case to get rid of those mysql query results ?

Thanks in advance
Old 25 Nov 2013, 16:14

Originally Posted by Mecho View Post
of course i have been deleted all install folder and secure many stuff in vb. still not sure how they did. we are looking.

So in this case , i had using the v3 of this mod. after upgraded to vb v4 i have updated this mod too but of course upgraded , not a fresh install as i dont want to lose the saved awards and ... . what is ur suggestion in this case to get rid of those mysql query results ?

Thanks in advance
Reinstall the xml file for the mod with allow overwrite checked, that should overwrite the bad code. If it doesn't delete the plugins in question and then reinstall the xml, which should install the default version of the removed plugins. Absolute worst case is export the contents of the awards tables, uninstall the mod, reinstall the mod then re-import the table data.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 16:35

Originally Posted by CAG CheechDogg View Post
Squidsk thanks for the clarification.

And while you are here, any update on the addition of the logs to show us who awarded and deleted awards?

Also, how hard would it be to make a points leaders stats block for this mod?

Thanks in advance my Man! have a good day !
Adding the logging was fairly simple; however, the entire update is significantly larger, at least partially because of some code re-organization I'm doing, among other improvements.

There are a few outstanding bugs from the 4.0.X series, so I'm thinking about releasing one last small bug fix patch for that one, and I may be able to toss the logging into it. I'm not entirely sure yet about that.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 16:40

Good stuff Squidsk, so around when can we expect the bug patch?
Old 07 Dec 2013, 18:27

Thanks for this mod. I'm hoping I can get it to work! I am a relative newbie with a forum of 2200 members.

I installed the mod (vb version 4.2.2) and I can see that it is installed, but I can't see it on the forum anywhere or any way to access it. I read most of the posts here and found out that I need to create a tab using navigation manager for the awards, which I did, and I pointed it toward the award.php file location. But when I click on the tab, I get a screen asking me for my vbulletin license number?

Is there a way I can access this program without creating an awards tab? What am I doing wrong? I am at a loss. Thanks for any help.
Old 09 Dec 2013, 15:31

Originally Posted by Epihunter View Post
Thanks for this mod. I'm hoping I can get it to work! I am a relative newbie with a forum of 2200 members.

I installed the mod (vb version 4.2.2) and I can see that it is installed, but I can't see it on the forum anywhere or any way to access it. I read most of the posts here and found out that I need to create a tab using navigation manager for the awards, which I did, and I pointed it toward the award.php file location. But when I click on the tab, I get a screen asking me for my vbulletin license number?

Is there a way I can access this program without creating an awards tab? What am I doing wrong? I am at a loss. Thanks for any help.
You have some other issue going on if clicking on awards.php is asking for your vbulletin license number. As far as I'm aware the only location in vbulletin where that number is requested is in the install folder, which you should have been required to delete if you'd properly upgraded your forum to vb4.2.2. You can easily check that nowhere in this mod is that number being requested.
Old 21 Dec 2013, 14:14

Hello, I have tried everything. I can not get the product to create a new thread. I have full administrator rights, and have tried putting it in different thread id's some with higher permissions, and some that are open to every registered user.

ID's I have tried are
23-News-and-Announcements

Nothing works, I don't have any additional anti spam installed. Help?
Old 01 Jan 2014, 16:51

Im holding off on giving awards because I Just can't seem to solve this problem. I am the site admin, with privilege to post in the forum....nothing I have tried over the last hour will get this mod to start a thread. Help

Originally Posted by masonox View Post
Hello, I have tried everything. I can not get the product to create a new thread. I have full administrator rights, and have tried putting it in different thread id's some with higher permissions, and some that are open to every registered user.

ID's I have tried are

Old 01 Jan 2014, 17:40

Im holding off on giving awards because I Just can't seem to solve this problem. I am the site admin, with privilege to post in the forum....nothing I have tried over the last hour will get this mod to start a thread. Help
Are you trying to have it post when you issue the award or when someone requests/recommends it?

This mod only creates a thread/post when an award is requested, not when you give one out to someone.

I would have loved it if it would create a new thread in the forum of my choice when I have someone an award... an announcement to the community that the user received the award.
Old 01 Jan 2014, 17:43

Originally Posted by Mobo View Post
Are you trying to have it post when you issue the award or when someone requests/recommends it?

This mod only creates a thread/post when an award is requested, not when you give one out to someone.

I would have loved it if it would create a new thread in the forum of my choice when I have someone an award... an announcement to the community that the user received the award.
Dangit, yes that is what it was....hmm its a nice feature, but it was not what i was hoping it would be.

Thanks for solving this mystery for me.
Old 01 Jan 2014, 18:02

No worries. i was disappointed in the way it worked as well.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 15:54

Fixed - version check page not working

I know this was in the changelog for 4.0.6

However,
Old 15 Jan 2014, 16:59

Originally Posted by Crotan View Post
Fixed - version check page not working

I know this was in the changelog for 4.0.6

However,
The awards version check in the left menu was fixed. The version check in the products page is still pooched.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 09:58

ID's I have tried are

It should simply require the number itself not the full url or snippet as you posted so yes just "23" should work.
  • If your having the requests or recommendations posted as a New Thread OR New Post within a existing thread please ensure that the members usergroup has permission to do so, in other words they can't post a new rank request into a private admin-only forum or a new post in a admin only thread correct? Therefor you create a new forum and only allow viewing to normal members without any posting rights etc.
  • If your having users requesting ranks every min or two, adjust your minimum time between posts to be one minute otherwise if you have a minimum time between post set you may run into issues.

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Old 18 Jan 2014, 22:57

Quick question, If a user purchases a usergroup can i set it so soon as he gets moved to a usergroup he receives an award automatically?