Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
vBulletin classifieds mod from Panjo Details »
vBulletin classifieds mod from Panjo
Mod Version: 4.2.2.2.5, by Panjo (Member) Panjo is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (5 votes - 4.20 average) Installs: 34
Released: 06 Aug 2013 Last Update: 11 Feb 2015 Downloads: 303
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files External Content  

As of September 2015, the Panjo marketplace mod for vBulletin has been completely rearchitected.

You can learn more about the latest version of the mod on Panjo's vBulletin partner page.

This mod enables you to launch a peer-to-peer community marketplace that is integrated into your vBulletin forum.

Here is how it works:
1) Install the plugin.
2) Customize the categories you want in your marketplace.
3) Contact Chad at Panjo: [email protected] to activate your marketplace.
4) When a seller goes to a new or old subforum dedicated to buying/selling/trading, and clicks on the "post new thread" button, the mod will load a listing creation form.
5) The seller will create a listing. The listing will appear in the marketplace. A synchronized copy of the listing will appear in the appropriate buy/sell/trade subforum.

Is this plugin free?
Yes, this plugin is free.

Can you make money with this plugin?
Yes, you can optionally use this plugin to generate marketplace transaction revenue.

How is it with mobile?
The marketplace loads with layouts that are optimized for high res desktop, tablet, and mobile.

Examples:
Porsche Marketplace <syncs with> Porsche classifieds subforum
BMW Marketplace <syncs with> BMW classifieds subforums
Audi Marketplace <syncs with> Audi classifieds subforums
Belly dancing marketplace <syncs with> Belly dancing classifieds subforums

Gallery:
The marketplace home page

A listing detail page

The listing creation form for a seller


Do you have questions about Panjo? Contact the team at Panjo:
[email protected]
1-424-272-0291

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	marketplace_panjo_home.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	153358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Panjo_Create_a_listing.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	153359   Click image for larger version

Name:	panjo_listing_detail.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	153360  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Integration with vBulletin Enthusify Classifieds Mod for vBulletin 3.7.x Enthusify vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 27 16 Sep 2015 22:09

  #121  
Old 15 Mar 2014, 04:04
Videx's Avatar
Videx Videx is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Having been forced to update to 4.2.2 to accommodate the latest security issue, I would like to try Panjo.

A couple questions:
  1. How do I change the wording "Sell an item"? Most of our ads are for local services or freebies. I hope I don't have to go editing templates.
  2. How do I set the expiration date for ads? And will any threads associated with that ad be completely deleted when this happens? I would hate to bloat the db with old useless ads.
TIA
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 15 Mar 2014, 21:47
Panjo Panjo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Videx View Post
A couple questions:
  1. How do I change the wording "Sell an item"? Most of our ads are for local services or freebies. I hope I don't have to go editing templates.
  2. How do I set the expiration date for ads? And will any threads associated with that ad be completely deleted when this happens? I would hate to bloat the db with old useless ads.
TIA
At this time, you can't change the "sell an item" link / button.

At this time, there is not an option to set an expiration date for a listing. It sounds like you have noticed that Panjo can optionally create a thread post for each listing (ad) created. You can impose any rules you want on those thread posts. Panjo sends email reminders to sellers every two week to remind them to delist any listings that are outdated or no longer available. Panjo automatically marks listings as 'sold' or 'unavailable' when the status of a listing changes based on a transaction. Rather than think of legacy listings as bloat, depending on the nature of your listings, you may wish to think of them as SEO-rich user generated content. It is probably in your interest to keep them around. However, the needs of your forum may be different than most.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 15 Mar 2014, 21:55
Panjo Panjo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
On March 7, Panjo rolled out an upgrade to the shipping field. Sellers can now use Panjo to calculate the shipping cost based on the shipping option selected and the locations of the buyer and seller. You can find more details and screen shots about the new shipping features on Panjo's blog. See the post about Panjo's vBulletin shipping calculator mod.

Panjo also released an update to its vBulletin classifieds iPhone app.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 16 Mar 2014, 02:45
Videx's Avatar
Videx Videx is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
At this time, you can't change the "sell an item" link / button.

At this time, there is not an option to set an expiration date for a listing.
That's just bizarre for a "Classifieds" mod. From the beginning Classifieds have been mostly about things besides "For Sale" including Help Wanted, Services, Housing, etc. And I have never seen one without mandated expirations. In years past the newspapers would give you a weekend, and more recently Craigslist gives you 30/7 days.

Perhaps this mod should be renamed to something like "Panjo Storefront" to more accurately represent nothing but sales.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:02
bosanci28's Avatar
bosanci28 bosanci28 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I understand that you can sale stuff, like very soon,will open a forum where will let users post their auto parts for sale , and from the reading , i will get the 2-4% depends on what i will fill like to put the % at, but i still confuse about few things here with this mod!

Like you said here:

>>>
1.Payment Collection Options for Sellers
a- PayPal, fully integrated via PayPal chained payments API
b- Collect payment on own
c- Local pickup only

2.Listing Types
a- Buy-it-Now
b- Adjustable quantity control
c- Or best offer
d- Trade
e- Wanted
f- Free
>>>

For 1.a. i know that way i can get my 2-4%,
but for 1.b and 1.c , how exactly are we getting our %? as if they choose
to collect payment on their own ,they can contact each other and do the transaction outside of the
forum ,and then i louse ,no $ for me...they only using the market place to list .

Explain please....

Also for 2.a , 2.c , looks like will get the %,
but for 2.d,2.e,2-f how we will get the %,as i don't think i want anyone to
post anything in the market place without paying a % fee to create a listing....

Also will this work for cars? if someone lists a car for sale and then we have a 3% fee and the car
is listed at $20.000 and if the seller and buyer will contact each other and meet ,with out
paying the % fee to the forum/market place!

Please explain so to understand how your mod works!, before i will start install !

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:24
Videx's Avatar
Videx Videx is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
It sounds like you have noticed that Panjo can optionally create a thread post for each listing (ad) created.
Actually, I just tried to turn this 'optional' feature OFF, and it does not seem to be possible. Categories of "For Sale" items must always be linked to a forum, there is no option not to link.

Add New Category>Link this category to a subforum> There is no "none" option. One is forced to link to a subforum.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 17 Mar 2014, 17:30
Panjo Panjo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Videx View Post
Actually, I just tried to turn this 'optional' feature OFF, and it does not seem to be possible. Categories of "For Sale" items must always be linked to a forum, there is no option not to link. Add New Category>Link this category to a subforum> There is no "none" option. One is forced to link to a subforum.
Great question. You are correct, there is no "none" option. For testing you can do any of the following...

1) Associate a Panjo category with a subforum that is 'acting as a category.'
2) Associate a Panjo category with a subforum that is only visible to administrators.
3) Associate a Panjo category with a subforum where the seller does not have access to create thread posts.

Taking any of the actions above will allow you to "kick the tires" and prevent any listings created via Panjo from showing up in public-facing sub forums.

Panjo partners tend to NOT want thread posts created during testing. Panjo designed the admin dashboard to cover the production use cases.

For the fastest response times, please feel free to email me directly: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 17 Mar 2014, 17:45
Panjo Panjo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Originally Posted by bosanci28 View Post
I understand that you can sale stuff, like very soon,will open a forum where will let users post their auto parts for sale , and from the reading , i will get the 2-4% depends on what i will fill like to put the % at, but i still confuse about few things here with this mod! Like you said here:
>>>
1.Payment Collection Options for Sellers
a- PayPal, fully integrated via PayPal chained payments API
b- Collect payment on own
c- Local pickup only

For 1.a. i know that way i can get my 2-4%,
but for 1.b and 1.c , how exactly are we getting our %? as if they choose
to collect payment on their own ,they can contact each other and do the transaction outside of the forum ,and then i louse ,no $ for me...they only using the market place to list.
That is correct. The term for this is leakage. It exists in all online marketplaces. It behooves us and you to do all we can from a feature and service perspective to maximize the value, benefits, and protections a buyer and seller receive via choice 1.a. in order to maximize your transaction fee revenue.

Additionally, you might consider charging listings fees in order to generate revenue from transactions that complete via options 1.b. and 1.c.

Originally Posted by bosanci28 View Post
2.Listing Types
a- Buy-it-Now
b- Adjustable quantity control
c- Or best offer
d- Trade
e- Wanted
f- Free
>>>
Also for 2.a , 2.c , looks like will get the %,
but for 2.d,2.e,2-f how we will get the %,as i don't think i want anyone to
post anything in the market place without paying a % fee to create a listing....
Again, absent a listing fee, you won't generate direct revenue from transaction types d, e, and f. However, you indirectly generate revenue by giving your members a good place for all transaction types and the browsing and buying that occurs as a ancillary result.

Originally Posted by bosanci28 View Post
Also will this work for cars? if someone lists a car for sale and then we have a 3% fee and the car is listed at $20.000 and if the seller and buyer will contact each other and meet ,with out paying the % fee to the forum/market place!
Right now, Panjo automatically defaults all listings over $3,000 USD to the seller collecting payment on his/her own. Sellers won't purchase a $20k car via their credit card or PayPal balance. Again, listing fees are the best way to monetize high ticket items. And again, quality high ticket items encourage traffic and browsing that leads to purchases downstream. Panjo does see sellers occasionally list a high ticket item and use the system to collect a down payment of some kind.

Thanks for all these great questions. Given the nature of your questions, you might like to see the way Panjo is configured here:

Audi classifieds powered by Panjo
BMW classifieds powered by Panjo
Porsche classifieds powered by Panjo
Ford Mustang classifieds powered by Panjo
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 19 Mar 2014, 14:30
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Can the Payment api be totally disabled if needed?

I think I found my answer above that it can be disabled.

Thanks,
Rich
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 19 Mar 2014, 15:01
Panjo Panjo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
Can the Payment api be totally disabled if needed? I think I found my answer above that it can be disabled. Thanks, Rich
Yes, when creating a listing, a seller can select an option that says, "I will collect payment on my own." Selecting that option disables the payment API for an individual listing.

At present there is not a setting to disable the payment API marketplace wide. We have a few requests to force use of the payment API marketplace wide. This is the first request for the opposite.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 19 Mar 2014, 15:33
RichieBoy67's Avatar
RichieBoy67 RichieBoy67 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Richie
Originally Posted by Panjo View Post
Yes, when creating a listing, a seller can select an option that says, "I will collect payment on my own." Selecting that option disables the payment API for an individual listing.

At present there is not a setting to disable the payment API marketplace wide. We have a few requests to force use of the payment API marketplace wide. This is the first request for the opposite.
Thanks for the reply,

I have a client who's site is about a product that does not do well with Paypal, etc and he wishes to have members make transactions on their own. He likes the look and layout of Panjo though so I wanted to find out if this would be possible.
__________________

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 19 Mar 2014, 16:18
DreadsUK's Avatar
DreadsUK DreadsUK is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Need friendly Url's for users shops. something like

www.usershopname.mysite.com

would this be possible?
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 19 Mar 2014, 18:57
Panjo Panjo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Originally Posted by DreadsUK View Post
Need friendly Url's for users shops. something like
www.usershopname.mysite.com
would this be possible?
We designed Panjo to leverage the legacy SEO that you already have in place. Thus, on this site, Google is indexing the Trade Exchange when Panjo creates thread posts:
http://dreadsuk.com/forumdisplay.php?48-Trade-Exchange

Ah... but rereading your post you are asking if it is possible for individual sellers to have better URLs. For example, buyers can browse all the items from seller "MissSvp" at the following URL which is not very friendly.
dreadsuk.com/classifieds.php?paccountid=19522

You would prefer a URL like:
dreadsuk.com/classifieds.php?profile=MissSvp
or better yet:
misssvp.dreadsuk.com

We are a bit limited from a subdomain perspective given that Panjo's partners have a variety of domain configurations. However, we could produce better URLs for seller profile pages. Thanks for the request. We will get it on the product roadmap.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 19 Mar 2014, 19:28
Nirjonadda Nirjonadda is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Real name: Md Tajirul Islam
Display Navigation Link Set To Yes , Than get error.

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/user/public_html/includes/adminfunctions.php
Line: 289
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 19 Mar 2014, 19:33
Panjo Panjo is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Originally Posted by Nirjonadda View Post
Display Navigation Link Set To Yes , Than get error.

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/user/public_html/includes/adminfunctions.php
Line: 289
Shoot us an email with your forum URL and we'll take a look: [email protected]
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: