Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 13 Aug 2017, 00:46
pityocamptes's Avatar
pityocamptes pityocamptes is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Can anyone recommend a GREAT ecommerce package?

I don't think Vbulletin would work for this, but I was wondering what are the thoughts on an ecommerce package for selling, etc. that is NOT difficult to operate on the backend. Don't know if I really want a free type, but not looking for one that charges monthly, even a single use fee would be ok. Thoughts? Thanks!!
__________________
https://www.gunsgrubandgold.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13 Aug 2017, 00:52
Dave Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Dave
The WordPress plugin WooCommerce is probably the most popular one. There's also Magento which many big online stores use but WooCommerce is a lot easier to work with.
__________________
https://technidev.com - security, development, exploits, vBulletin
dave[at]technidev[dot]com

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13 Aug 2017, 00:54
pityocamptes's Avatar
pityocamptes pityocamptes is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The WordPress plugin WooCommerce is probably the most popular one. There's also Magento which many big online stores use but WooCommerce is a lot easier to work with.
Thanks,I've worked with Magento and it was a PIA... do you know if the WooCommerce is a pay once and your done package, able to host anywhere, or different? Thanks.
__________________
https://www.gunsgrubandgold.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13 Aug 2017, 01:25
Dave Dave is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Dave
WooCommerce has free and paid features, but it's totally fine to stick to the free version. It's a plugin which you can download so you can host it anywhere you want as a plugin in WordPress.
__________________
https://technidev.com - security, development, exploits, vBulletin
dave[at]technidev[dot]com

Contact me for custom vBulletin 3/4 work & server/website management.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13 Aug 2017, 09:11
paradoxG(r)eek's Avatar
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by pityocamptes View Post
I don't think Vbulletin would work for this, but I was wondering what are the thoughts on an ecommerce package for selling, etc. that is NOT difficult to operate on the backend. Don't know if I really want a free type, but not looking for one that charges monthly, even a single use fee would be ok. Thoughts? Thanks!!
Depends on your meaning of GREAT. For me great should be an ecommerce that supports reccuring payments, while for you great can be if it supports auto shipping calculations.

So, most important is to clarify what type of products are you planing to sell. Tangible, Downloadble or both. As more details you'll list, as more valueable replies you'll get.
__________________
Forget Usergroups ...go UserClubs
You can find all my vB AddOns for Free download here
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13 Aug 2017, 16:46
pityocamptes's Avatar
pityocamptes pityocamptes is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post
Depends on your meaning of GREAT. For me great should be an ecommerce that supports reccuring payments, while for you great can be if it supports auto shipping calculations.

So, most important is to clarify what type of products are you planing to sell. Tangible, Downloadble or both. As more details you'll list, as more valueable replies you'll get.
Thanks. It would be for tangible items. Thanks again.
__________________
https://www.gunsgrubandgold.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 00:32.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: