Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 10 Nov 2013, 01:38

That would be outside the scope of the article, since that's a Facebook thing. You would need to look at their documentation or articles such as this one for what you need to do control how thumbnails show up.
Old 10 Nov 2013, 23:13

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
That would be outside the scope of the article, since that's a Facebook thing. You would need to look at their documentation or articles such as this one for what you need to do control how thumbnails show up.
Thank you.
Old 10 Nov 2013, 23:50

So how do I pull a php file in the models. Why can not I use php code.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 02:07

First, thanks for the tutorial!

OK, this is probably a really silly question.

My template isn't fully parsing HTML. The test is fine, and a href links are fine. But line breaks and bullet points are being ignored.

Here's an example:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/features.php?styleid=14

It's ignring all the <ul>s and the <li>s. Any idea why that might be?
Old 14 Nov 2013, 02:48

Originally Posted by Morrus View Post

It's ignring all the <ul>s and the <li>s. Any idea why that might be?
Try a search in the thread because this has been covered several times already.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 14 Nov 2013, 10:16

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Try a search in the thread because this has been covered several times already.
The word "bullet" shows up in the search just once, and somewhat briefly ending with "but this goes outside the scope of this article".

--------------- Added 14 Nov 2013 at 13:23 ---------------

OK, so a search for "HTML" gives a lot of results. The closest I can find is where yous ay to ad the following "to the custom CSS for your page". What does "the custom CSS for your page" mean? The only CSS stuff I'm familiar with is a bunch of CSS templates and a Main CSS editor thing. Where do I put the custom CSS for my page?

<style type="text/css">
strong {font-weight:bold;}
ul.unordered li {list-style-type: disc;list-style-position:inside; display: list-item; margin-left: 2.5em; padding-left: 0;}

ul.unordered ul li {list-style-type: circle; display: list-item;margin-left: 2.5em; padding-left: 0;}
</style>
Plus, presumably, that's only one HTML thing? So to use HTML you need to pretty much code every HTML tag from scratch? Seems to rather defeat the point of an easy method of using HTML to create a custom page!

--------------- Added 14 Nov 2013 at 17:03 ---------------

It's just occurred to me that I can accomplish the same effect with a CMS article in its own section. I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me before.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 19:15

Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
The word "bullet" shows up in the search just once, and somewhat briefly ending with "but this goes outside the scope of this article".

--------------- Added 14 Nov 2013 at 13:23 ---------------

OK, so a search for "HTML" gives a lot of results. The closest I can find is where yous ay to ad the following "to the custom CSS for your page". What does "the custom CSS for your page" mean? The only CSS stuff I'm familiar with is a bunch of CSS templates and a Main CSS editor thing. Where do I put the custom CSS for my page?

Plus, presumably, that's only one HTML thing? So to use HTML you need to pretty much code every HTML tag from scratch? Seems to rather defeat the point of an easy method of using HTML to create a custom page!

--------------- Added 14 Nov 2013 at 17:03 ---------------

It's just occurred to me that I can accomplish the same effect with a CMS article in its own section. I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me before.
You would search for "list" rather. But yes, you need CSS defined for your lists in this area in order for the lists to work properly. If you decide to go that route, just take a look at W3Schools for some quick tutorials.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 10:12

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
You would search for "list" rather. But yes, you need CSS defined for your lists in this area in order for the lists to work properly. If you decide to go that route, just take a look at W3Schools for some quick tutorials.
I know how to write basic CSS elements; it's not CSS that's my problem, it's vbulletin. What I don't know is where "to the custom CSS for your page" is. Does that mean creating a new CSS template specially for the new page? Adding CSS elements to an existing template such as additional.css? Somewhere else entirely?

I've poked around, and while there are CSS templates for *some* pages, named xxxx.css in the styles/template manager, there obviously isn't one for the new page unless I create it myself. Plus there's a whole "Main CSS" option in the style manager.

That all said, I just went with the article approach in the end. It looks pretty tidy if you strip away a lot of the surrounding stuff.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 19:08

Just add your custom CSS for that page to the template for the page.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 17 Nov 2013, 00:09

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Just add your custom CSS for that page to the template for the page.
Oh, just right on the page template itself? That's simple enough. Thanks - I'll remember that for the future!
Old 27 Nov 2013, 21:11

How would I go about adding an external web link to appear in the page, similar to how panjo appears

thanks
Old 23 Dec 2013, 23:08

This is great. Just need to sort out my text coding and it will be sweet. Might even solve a few annoying errors I've had by using CMS articles as pages instead of custom pages.
Old 05 Feb 2014, 04:54

Will love to see this working on v5
Old 26 Feb 2014, 18:01

Hi, I'm new on this, and I'm having trouble to create a page out off the Forum root, inside the root everything is fine, but out side is without CSS...

My Forum is in:
/var/www/forum

My page is in:
/var/www/tests.php

This is my code...

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and my tempate...

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Last edited by FelipeB; 26 Feb 2014 at 18:10.
Old 26 Feb 2014, 18:31

you need to set an 'include' phrase that 'points' to the location of your css file