Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[AJAX] Tabbed Forum Home Details »
[AJAX] Tabbed Forum Home
Developer Last Online: Nov 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (75 votes - 4.92 average) Installs: 592
Released: 10 Apr 2008 Last Update: 03 Sep 2008 Downloads: 9237
Not Supported Template Edits Code Changes Additional Files Translations  

Tabbed Forum Home version 1.01

[AJAX] Tabbed Forum Home version 1.5.0 (BETA)

NOTE: Works with both 3.7x and 3.6x

Description: This MOD is for creating a "Tabbed" Forum Home Page to have Categories displayed within Tab containers (similar to what the new Profile System looks like on vb3.7). Please do not confuse this with the Tab Menu System here at vbulletin.org. They are totally different systems. These Tabs actually switch the content without leaving the main forums page.

I wrote the initial Non AJAX version based on reading many requests from members asking about how namepros created their custom tabbed forum home page. The first implementation I did was a request by bbwforums.net (which you can visit to see a working example). I have shared this version with many members already and decided to release it since it seems to be something that a lot of members are interested in.

UPDATE: I have released a BETA [AJAX] version for those that what something a little more robust and easier to install/configure. This Beta version will never go into production tho as version 2.0 will utilize the YUI AJAX Tabview Toolset. It IS stable tho and is currently running on a few live sites.

NOTE: Keep in mind, I wrote this with the assumption that you are fairly well versed and comfortable with editing files/templates and following the flow of things. If there is something you don't understand, PLEASE let me know so that I can help you understand it. This IS NOT a product that a novice can just plug and play and it takes a little bit of time to setup, but its well worth it in the end (if you want a custom unique look to your forum home page)... the next version (Don't ask when, cause its just on the drawing board) will be a product with ACP controls for easy setup

The attached Zip File(s) contain the Files and Instructions necessary to install each version.

DEMO: www.bbwforums.net or www.namepros.com
[Moderator Edit: The first URL has been un-linked as there has been reported malware on that domain. The mod author may edit this notice once the situation has been cleaned.]

Screen Shots: None, visit one or both of the above links as seeing them in action is better than some static image(s)..

Bobster

Change Log

version 1.01 -
tabcontent.js ver 2.2 to support remote links
updated install instructions (both in txt and rtf format)

version 1.5.0 -
BETA [AJAX] version

July 8, 2008 - Added xml file for WOL
Sep 2, 2008 - Updated xml file for WOL

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 25 Nov 2011, 03:34

oh no!!!!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 14:05

Originally Posted by angeljs View Post
I've followed the instructions to the letter, but it won't install correctly,even on the default template. I've attached a screenshot so you can see the problem.
the problem is the path... make it full like http://www.domain.com/forumtabhome.php
Old 07 Jun 2012, 02:25

Originally Posted by angeljs View Post
I've followed the instructions to the letter, but it won't install correctly,even on the default template. I've attached a screenshot so you can see the problem.
I had the exact same issue, in FORUMHOME template remove the two slash marks in red. That solved it for me.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

edit: I have the 1.5 version of this mod running on vb 3.8.6

Last edited by hpidriver; 07 Jun 2012 at 21:10.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 17:12

This mod is Kinda going totally out of date.. Else this has been one of the best mods on its time! You can now get your forums in TABBED very easily without all this editings.. I tried this but I totally messed up my forums..

This mod is very hard to understand..
I am having a little break from vB Developing. I am trying to finish my PHP and MYSQL courses for now. I will answer all my PM's if anyone needed help for my products, but only when I can be online on vB.org. Its great to see new and old developers keeping vB.org alive! Thank you all for your support!CM
Old 05 Dec 2012, 09:13

Originally Posted by ChiNa-Man View Post
You can now get your forums in TABBED very easily without all this editings.. I tried this but I totally messed up my forums..

This mod is very hard to understand..
Can you give us some more info or links so we can see other ways to get a tabbed home page? This mod hasn't been updated for 4+ years so I am hesitant to try it if it uses old technology.

Thank you!
Old 27 Oct 2013, 18:11

my forum home code is different can u please fix how i can use it for the below code.

FORUMHOME

forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost

How can i use the [AJAX] Tabbed Forum Home version 1.5.0 (BETA) for the above code.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 01:15

Not work on my Site!

Goes Forum Wide and Categories not work,i'm using vb seo

waiting for support...
Old 20 Nov 2013, 06:34

It's not supported anymore, though I don't know that vBSEO would have any affect on it's usage. Although, I'm afraid vBSEO isn't supported anymore, either.