Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23 Jan 2004, 22:10

Originally Posted by Nam
I know KuraFire, but it just doesn't make sense if you just look at the time. I know times is also depends on connection, machine speed etc. But how it is possible to get a such high score for under 1000 seconds? Under 30 mins?

Suggestion to John: I'd love to see some kind of semi-cup for runner up member. Some member are so good and they got all the games, having semi-cup, kind of second rank title will encourage the rest who has no hope to get the Trophy still want to play to compete with each other for the second, or even third :ermm: .
I think that if he starts at level 10, he could fairly easily get that high a score in that time. Keep in mind that removing 4 lines at once is worth a rather high amount, and at level 10 you go through stones _real_ fast
Old 23 Jan 2004, 23:20

ok thanks, just want to make sure it's a legitimate score, otherwise I'll delete it .

vB3 version: 3.6.8
Old 23 Jan 2004, 23:38

Originally Posted by Nam
ok thanks, just want to make sure it's a legitimate score, otherwise I'll delete it .
as far as i know, the arcade is near-impossible to cheat in, and it's pretty much impossible that he hacked the game.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 23:49

i found a cheat on target my score is massive and no one can get near it
Old 24 Jan 2004, 23:35

I have two suggestions/ questions to the author:

1. Is there anyway to order game the way we want? The "T" letter is on the top, Tetris, what factor make the Tetris on top?

2. Coud we have an option to view the highest score for each player? If this one requires query then it's ok not to have it since I don't want to slow the forum.

Old 25 Jan 2004, 00:36

Originally Posted by Nam
I have two suggestions/ questions to the author:

1. Is there anyway to order game the way we want? The "T" letter is on the top, Tetris, what factor make the Tetris on top?

2. Coud we have an option to view the highest score for each player? If this one requires query then it's ok not to have it since I don't want to slow the forum.
I've updated the second post with your requests.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 03:54

cool, those are not neccessary to have, but nice to see it implement.

speaking of sorting the games in order, my suggestion is only for small amount of games. If there are 100 games or more. You guys might have to think about organizing in categories.

Right now we have 16 games in total, so everything is fine, but close to 50 I could see some clusters in the interface. My first idea to solve this problem is only use the game icon, no personal bet, no description until user click on the icon. This way we could show a table with 8 games in a rows, go down the page users can see 8 columns x 10 rows = 80 games without any confusion.

Another suggestion is Universal scoring system, in which I posted in supporting section, here it is to keep all the suggestion in one place:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=801

Last edited by Nam; 25 Jan 2004 at 12:45. Reason: link updated
Old 25 Jan 2004, 14:15

does this work for vb 3.0 canidate 3?
Old 25 Jan 2004, 14:38

Suggestions:

1) Hide 'Challange The User X' for those who arent allowed to play the arcade.

2) Show a no permission message if the member is challanging someone (in another usergroup) who ISNT allowed to play the game.

Old 25 Jan 2004, 21:41

Originally Posted by M1th
Suggestions:

1) Hide 'Challange The User X' for those who arent allowed to play the arcade.

2) Show a no permission message if the member is challanging someone (in another usergroup) who ISNT allowed to play the game.

Simple <if> conditionals there...
Old 25 Jan 2004, 21:59

Originally Posted by John
Simple <if> conditionals there...
I'm going to do it on mine... but it would be good to see it on the original release.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 22:01

Yep, it's one of those small things which aren't really worth fixing straight away, but will be fixed in the next update.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 18:49

A nice feature would be to limit the number of high scores to a admin settable amount. For example, I currently have 550 high scores saved for Snake. I'd like to be able to limit all games to say the top 50 scores. If a player gets a score that's not in the top 50 they do not get asked to leave a comment. If they make it into the top 50 they'd get a nice little "Congradulations, you scored in the top 50, leave a comment" type of thing.

I figure it keeps the database a little be cleaner too.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 17:34

May be this already on to-do list but just in case:

The hack system right now let the first one who get the trophy forever until someone beats him/her. Anyone who score the same will NOT get the trophy. For most games this is not a problem, but for game such as penguin the score is limited, so I think it's a good idea to let the latest member who score the same will get the trophy, this will encourage people to play more.

Smirks, I already asked the same question and John already knew the issue before I asked. It will be change in the next version, IMO.

Old 30 Jan 2004, 21:03

gosh we need hexxagon really bad, that was my favorite game on vbarcade but it isn't available yes for v3 arcade, grr, come on guys!!!