Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 22 Jul 2007, 20:03

Another suggestion - try AuctionAds.

I have found this to be very lucritive on my forums. It out performs adsense for me. (and I do ok with Adsense)
Old 22 Jul 2007, 22:32

I've tried auctionads all this month and made 10 bucks...before I tried it...I'd wake up every morning and already have 10 bucks sitting in my adsense. I know it takes time to get autction ads going but it really depends on your site as to whether you can run those and do well. People come to my site b/c they already have everything and they want to learn how to use it...so yeah...
Old 23 Jul 2007, 22:04

Originally Posted by AzzidReign View Post
I've tried auctionads all this month and made 10 bucks...before I tried it...I'd wake up every morning and already have 10 bucks sitting in my adsense. I know it takes time to get autction ads going but it really depends on your site as to whether you can run those and do well. People come to my site b/c they already have everything and they want to learn how to use it...so yeah...

Then it sounds like you might want to change your keywords around. I wrote an aticle about My tips for AuctionAds. Maybe that will help you out.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 05:55

How do you do so well to get so many members?

Is that search engines that bring in all these uniques? or is it just the word has been spread widely?
Old 24 Jul 2007, 17:45

Originally Posted by AmbitiousOne View Post
How do you do so well to get so many members?

Is that search engines that bring in all these uniques? or is it just the word has been spread widely?
Im not sure if this was meant for me. But its a combination of things. Search engines play a big part of it, but so does promotion and word of mouth.
Old 24 Jul 2007, 18:22

Originally Posted by joeychgo View Post
Im not sure if this was meant for me. But its a combination of things. Search engines play a big part of it, but so does promotion and word of mouth.
don't you get a ton of your members from adwords ? seems every phrase I search has a vbfaq ad on it ) google, msn, ask, alexa...lol

I tried auction ad's. I've made 1$
I do have a few referrals, but I think it's because I run a webmaster site. I make Much more with adsense and so do most my members. Have you tried AuctionAds ?

I think it's a great program for niche sites. I've left a small ad on one page, but I wont add much more.

I've started working with cj.com and have done well with it.
I make on average, $40 a day with all my sites.
Old 12 Sep 2007, 15:04

Originally Posted by soletrader View Post
Would you mind sharing us how you managed to obtain that many members? Thanks
I think that most forum owners with that many users would love to know ourselves exactly what the 'perfect storm' was to make our forums so successful, so we could replicate it over and over!
Old 12 Sep 2007, 19:27

We trialled Auction Ads in our footer (which only made about $30 a month on adsense) and it made us almost $120 the first month, great we thought. However, that soon dropped each month since - until this month - we barely had $4 in the first 10 days.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 19 Sep 2007, 19:10

Well on my small board
i make $200 per month some time it goes 250$
& minimum it goes to $170 till now..
Old 05 Oct 2007, 20:33

I make nothing. I get about a thousand posts a day. I have adsense ads but so far, ive had it for a week and 21 clicks have gotten me 2 dollars :\
Old 06 Oct 2007, 20:36

I make about $15 a month on my forum that has about 2,000 posts. These are not google ads or anything, mostly sponsorship and subscription purchases.
Old 06 Oct 2007, 23:52

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by wrestlesomnia View Post
I make nothing. I get about a thousand posts a day. I have adsense ads but so far, ive had it for a week and 21 clicks have gotten me 2 dollars :\

That is exactly my experience.
3 Google ads, one at the top, two below the first post and out of over 20 thousand pageviews and over 1000 posts a day I get maybe (on a good day) 5-6 clicks, which makes me (on a good day) one dollar. I never made more than 30$ a month from this particular forum.

I tried everything already, different sizes, colors, placement and styles of ads and nothing seems to work, people simply ignore google ads on my forum.

Then I tried auction ads, people clicked them, but no one ever bought anything. After a week and not a single cent I turned it off.

So, ok, it took me a long time, but now, after well over two years, I realized there is no profit running a forum and I am running it just for fun, while paying all the expenses from my own packet.

I do not even want to think about monetizing it anymore.
Old 07 Oct 2007, 06:18

^Yeah pretty much, We need some way to get the profits rolling in.
Old 07 Oct 2007, 13:41

I have about 10K unique visits every day and more than 300K users every month. 1.5 million of page webs and i only have adsense in my forums.

I have 12000 registered users and 180000 posts.

What could be my earnings with this statics?. What do you think?. ( Only to know if i'm doing it bad or good).
Old 07 Oct 2007, 14:48

Depends what is your forum about, but I would guess, you get somewhere between 5-10 dollars a day, if you're as unlucky as I am

--------------- Added at 10:49 ---------------

Btw. it's weird that you have 12 thousand reg.users and only 180k posts. I have only 3 thousand users, but 250k posts. It looks like you should give your members more incentive to post.

Last edited by jarosciak; 07 Oct 2007 at 14:49. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost