Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 27 Sep 2006, 18:18

I'm on track to do about $60 in revenue this month from AdSense - 99% of that being from a single small add in my navbar template. This is my first full month with an ad in that location and my traffic is steadily increasing so hopefully my revenue will also increase.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 06:05

I used to make some money at a big board but sold out and created a smaller private one. The big board made alot of money all by subscriptions. While similar sites were selling subscriptions for alot of money the membership was not growing. I figured that this was due to high subscription prices and started a site purely as a test to my theory. I ran 3 subscription packages at $5 a month recurring $15 every three months non-recurring and a $25 for six month package. The site took off to about 2500 subscribing members in a years time. . It was alot of money. And alot of headaches which I gladly walked away from it. I now have a small site with 180 members and about 145 are paying subscribers. Its private and the members have been together for almost 5 years. I profit about $600 a month and once a yaer give most of it back in raffles.
Old 03 Oct 2006, 05:30

I don't intend to earn money, Apni Mehfil is just free for all to come and have fun
Old 12 Oct 2006, 03:24

Well by tomorrow I should earn my first piece of money. $10. Since I only get like 350+ uniqes so my adspace is realy cheap.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 16:17

I have had a recent jump in members and my google impressions are up to about 30+k a day

I have 172k+ posts and 1100+ members. And since july I have given google over 716,000 page impressions for a measly 133 bucks! 60 of that is all this month and 444,000 page impressions just this month. I really dont think its worth it considering it looks like google puked all over my site lol. I tried CJ briefly but was getting NOTHING.

Im on shared hosting but looking to move to dedicated soon. So when I move Im going add a few more payed mods and start up memberships! That seems to be the way to go!

I only get about 12 clicks a day though.... I need to improve my Meta....I think.

Oooh yeah, my site just turned one yr old and I have been a vb site since may.

Last edited by UncoderMom; 20 Nov 2006 at 16:21.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 05:31

I MUST be doing something wrong with Google/Yahoo.

We get on average:
  • 2500 Uniques per day
  • 25,000 page views
  • 110K hits

google is giving us a whopping $1 per day....:tired:
Old 21 Nov 2006, 05:44

Hi!

Contact me for monitizing solutions for your forum!

Best Regards,
Jan Jaap
Old 24 Nov 2006, 19:53

site makes about $1000-1400/month but we also pay our members to post but that only costs about $50-$100/month typically and it's not even out of our pocket, we've got a site sponsoring that pays for member posts.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 20:49

I make about 75 cents a month
Old 25 Nov 2006, 02:28

Originally Posted by kanadian View Post
site makes about $1000-1400/month but we also pay our members to post but that only costs about $50-$100/month typically and it's not even out of our pocket, we've got a site sponsoring that pays for member posts.
Hi!

Could you please show us your site? As it's probably not talkonlinepoker.com?

Best Regards,
Jan Jaap
Old 26 Nov 2006, 23:17

Originally Posted by GrendelKhan{TSU View Post
ok. so like everyone's covered most of range of possibilities... which is great and very useful (the point being..it is possible to at least not be in the hole every month).

so let's say someone has a new board and growing with all the required minimum whatever to make money.

HOW would you recommend that person implement their ads for the first time?
My forums ads are very often custom made - just to run on my forum. The CPM is VERY high.. its not competitive with other Internet banner opportunities. we run NO generic ads, no ad agency's serve our ads we serve them ourselves. We reject ads that aren't specific to the core topic of the forum..

If you are in a NICHE market as I am, perhaps start by giving AWAY ads to key players to make your self look cool and attractive to other potential advertisers in the same NICHE MARKET.

or use your banner ad area to run competitions - give aways - that might make people pay attention to the banner area.

As more (paying) folks come aboard slowly creep your prices up... start to charge the freebie customer..

We try to stay number one in our topic field but it is hard...

I find things snowball, success breeds success..

I do a LOT of hard sell work to get the ads to come in.. I pound around on foot at 3 & 4 days trade shows twice, sometimes three times a year in the USA and Europe to sell ads for the forum.. most of the work is persuading folks to drop print ad budget to come and spend it with us instead.

That's my story, I am sure everyones' is a different one..

it feels good to give something back...

I've just been take, take, taking on this forum...

Last edited by Make Money?; 26 Nov 2006 at 23:24.
Old 27 Nov 2006, 18:22

doesn't matter what i make.. it goes back to the gov during tax time anyway
Old 28 Nov 2006, 00:33

I make enougth to cover the cost of my vB license, domain rego and hosting.

Ive often wondered about making a bit more from the site but Im really not sure where to start.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 19:08

Originally Posted by Adult SEO View Post
Hi!

Could you please show us your site? As it's probably not talkonlinepoker.com?

Best Regards,
Jan Jaap
Sorry Jan...haven't updated my profile in a long time I guess. the one in there now is the correct one.
Old 28 Nov 2006, 19:09

Lowered to 500 on my board a month