Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vB Ad Management 4 Details »
vB Ad Management 4
Developer Last Online: Aug 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (191 votes - 4.70 average) Installs: 1789
Released: 09 Nov 2006 Last Update: 13 Dec 2007 Downloads: 14484
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template Additional Files  

What does it do?

Features include global settings, advertisements allowing template conditionals, ad sharing and ad revenue sharing, timed advertisements, preset popular ad locations and functions such as sponsors, additional custom ad locations, random and static advertisements and its all very easy to use. You can use it for ordinary ads like adsense, banner rotations, or any content at all as well as using it to manage ads outside your forum too.

You can read in more detail about these and other features in the manual, which also contains some helpful notes and instructions, as well as the installation and upgrade instructions

If you are using autoinsertion and were using vB Ad Management before version 4.00, you will need to remove your old template edits or advertisements will appear multiple times. Just reverse the old instructions below.

* Find <!-- post $post[postid] popup menu --> and paste $postbit_advertisement above it in your postbit & postbit_legacy templates.
* Paste $forumbit_advertisement at the bottom of your forumhome_forumbit_level1_post and forumhome_forumbit_level2_post templates.
* Paste $threadbit_advertisement at the bottom of your threadbit template.
* Paste $footer_advertisement at the top of your footer template.
* Find $spacer_close in your footer template and below it paste $rightcolumn_advertisement.
* Find &nbsp; in your header template and replace it with $header_advertisement.
* Find $spacer_open in your header template and below it paste $leftcolumn_advertisement.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases vB Ad Management V.2.2 tfusion Modification Graveyard 13 24 Jun 2007 22:33
vb Ad Management RedTyger vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 42 09 May 2007 14:39

Old 04 Jan 2008, 00:35

no one help, this addon is abandoned?
Old 04 Jan 2008, 03:43

I have this mod installed and everything seems to work but I have a problem. With this enabled whenever you move your mouse over a thread the "hover" will not work. This is where you hover your pointer of a thread and it shows your a preview of the thread. I have 2 banners and a google adsense rotating in the navbar. It's frustrating because I've made small changes in the img code like removing code to make it open in a new window and each time I made a small change it would begin working again but would stop after a few hours. Finally I concluded that no matter what I do it will start working again. Literally if I go into my ACP and go to the "Header and Navbar" settings and just click save without changing anything it will begin working again for a few hours and stop again. Anyone have any ideas?

My site is at www.extremebodybuilding.net/forum

Last edited by 1quick1; 04 Jan 2008 at 04:02.
Old 04 Jan 2008, 04:00

Originally Posted by eJM View Post
That question has been asked and answered about a hundred times. Please look for it.
Instead of saying that , you could've given a link to the post
Here is the direct link to the post - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ts#post1401386

Last edited by tanujdude91; 04 Jan 2008 at 05:56.
Old 04 Jan 2008, 18:57

Can make anyone to work for vbportal???????
Old 04 Jan 2008, 21:43

I'm having an issue with vbportal too. Board is working fine, but I am getting a blank vb portal page. Someone working with me on the blank vb portal page issue just installed vB Ad Management to his site, and now he has a blank vb portal page also. My other board is setup the sdame, but without the vB Ad Management, and it is working fine. Are there any known issues or code changes necessary in any of the templates, etc. to get vB Ad Management to work with VB Portal?

Thanks
Old 04 Jan 2008, 22:42

Excessive Server Usage

Does anyone know if RedTyger still monitors this forum, as some time ago, I posted a problem to it and he asked me to PM him an admin logon/password, so he could have a look, and I've heard nothing since. I also see he hasn't posted anything for a while now.

Our initial problem was…http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...31150&page=139

Unfortunately, the problem hasn't gone away on its own, and in fact we've just been contacted by our web host and have been told that we're using up excessive amounts of server resources, and the problem is linked to "Apache (httpd)", which I'm pretty sure is related to vB Ad Management.

Can anyone help? At worse, can anyone help me un-install vB Ad Management to keep our web host off my back?

Regards
Old 07 Jan 2008, 03:54

Originally Posted by redlabour View Post
@xcesiv - search for the Phrase and remove the Text. There is no ACP Option to stop it for Usergroups.
I have read through about how to remove the 'remove advertisements' link, however i don't know what phrase i'm searching for, could someone give me more indepth details.
Old 07 Jan 2008, 04:55

Originally Posted by tanujdude91 View Post
Instead of saying that , you could've given a link to the post
Here is the direct link to the post - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ts#post1401386
I don't think providing the same answer everytime it's asked for is productive. We are supposed to be forum operators, which would mean we know how to operate a forum - including using the basic Search function of a thread. Seeing the same questions asked over and over shows me that many of the forum owners here don't. I've got no sympathy for them.

Originally Posted by Mum View Post
I have read through about how to remove the 'remove advertisements' link, however i don't know what phrase i'm searching for, could someone give me more indepth details.
You have the answer in your question. Search in phrases for "remove advertisements".

Jim
Old 07 Jan 2008, 07:01

Jim, not everyone knows everything straight away. I'm sure at some stage you were learning also.

Thanks for your response.
Old 07 Jan 2008, 07:12

I learned about search long before I had my first job as a forum staff member.
Old 07 Jan 2008, 08:47

Congratulations. I have great people skills, not something you can learn, obviously
Old 07 Jan 2008, 10:51

last post ad does not appear on threaded and hybrid views?

Hello,

I've enabled advertisements on the "last post on a page", but they seem to only appear in the linear views. There is no ad block in hybrid and threaded views.

I understand if that's by design... but if that's the case, does anyone know how to have an ad block appear after the last post on hybrid and threaded views? I'm a VB noob but am not afraid of a little template hacking.

Thanks in advance.

Greg
Old 07 Jan 2008, 22:24

Thumbs up

I have found the answer to the people using Version 4.x and not being able to see any menus after the hack has been installed.

I tried to run cpadmin on another pc, and what do you know, it looked fine. All the vbadmanagement menus where there.

Tried again on my normal pc, still not working. Only the vbadmanagment hack showing as installed, but when I click on one of the options, I would only get a white screen.

I have ie7pro installed on my normal pc, and have the "enable Ad Blocker " option checked. When this is checked, you can not see any of the menu items for vbadmanagment. When unchecked, it works fine...

Hope this helps some of you that are experiencing the same problem. If you don't have ie7pro, it may be some of your other explorer adons that are blocking what it thinks are ads...
Old 07 Jan 2008, 22:57

Has anybody got the code that I can use to put a .swf file in to this? I've used search, but can't find anything (you can't search for swf, only .swf). Also tried to search for flash, but no luck.

Code I have is:

<param name="movie" value="http://www.????.com/forums/images/Ads/The_Racing_Room-Dec_07.swf"> <param name="quality"
value="high"> <embed src="http://www.????.com/forums/images/Ads/The_Racing_Room-Dec_07.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100" height="160"></embed>
Old 07 Jan 2008, 23:22

Do we need this for vb 3.7?