Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Quick Account Switch Details »
Quick Account Switch
Developer Last Online: Feb 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (20 votes - 4.95 average) Installs: 131
Released: 03 Jul 2009 Last Update: 03 Jul 2009 Downloads: 536
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

I no longer support my hacks. Please feel free to update them and release new versions elsewhere as long as I get the credit for the original modification.

/*===================================*\
|| Quick Account Switch
||
|| Author : Anton Kanevsky
|| Works on : vBulletin 3.5.x - 3.8.x
|| Released : Jul 03, 2009
||
|| Time required to install: ~30 seconds
|| Difficulty: easy
\*===================================*/

DESCRIPTION

This modification gives users the ability to easily switch between linked accounts. Accounts can be linked by administrators via admincp or by users via usercp as long as these users know the passwords for both accounts. Optionally, you can disallow users to link and unlink accounts from the usercp.

STATISTICS

File Uploads: 1
Products to Install: 1

FEATURES
  • Adds AdminCP and UserCP controls to link and unlink accounts.
  • Allows to easily switch between linked accounts from the navbar.
  • Allows to disable the public UserCP controls and leave just the AdminCP part.

VERSION HISTORY

[+] Compatible with vBulletin 3.5.x - 3.8.x.
[+] Removed all template modifications.
[+] Added option to disable usercp controls for linking accounts.

[+] The modification is now officially compatible with vBulletin 3.6.
[+] The hack has been optimized and now performs much less queries than before.
[+] Users now can link accounts without an administrator as long as they know the passwords for both accounts.

Initial Release (Port of Quick Account Switch by Ianomed)

The installation manual is contained within the attached file.

IF YOU LIKE MY HACK, PLEASE CLICK INSTALL

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot01.png
Views:	954
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	101446   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot02.png
Views:	1123
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	101447   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot03.png
Views:	643
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	101448   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot04.png
Views:	529
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	101449  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot05.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	101450  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Profile Enhancements Quick Account Switch akanevsky vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 103 19 Nov 2014 00:57
Quick Account Switch akanevsky vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 128 28 Apr 2009 08:52
Quick Account Switch v1.2 Ianomed vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 157 29 May 2006 12:43

Comments
Old 03 Jul 2009, 17:55

thank yo for this nice hack

i will try it
Old 04 Jul 2009, 00:20

I've been using this for a while. Thanks for the upgrade Anton.
Old 04 Jul 2009, 09:24

I loved his modification, thanks for the update.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 00:05

I suppose if you were to start a new site and want to post as different people to pretend there was some activity going on this might be good lol (split personality ^^ )
Old 05 Jul 2009, 01:39

Originally Posted by hornstar1337 View Post
I suppose if you were to start a new site and want to post as different people to pretend there was some activity going on this might be good lol (split personality ^^ )
Or if you were to start a board for schizophrenics and people with other personality disorders.
Old 10 Jul 2009, 00:22

This was one of the two mods you made Psionic Vision that were why I am still using 3.6.x.

I'll be upgrading this weekend, you're awesome.
Old 11 Jul 2009, 20:33

I've just installed this, i've set up an additional Admin-Team account in the user profile section and linked it to my account but its not showing up anywhere, if i goto Usercp and edit details there is nothing showing there, or in the navbar, Ive got it set so that only admins can see and use this, does tha mean that it wont show on the navbar?? if so how do i switch accounts?

Also is it possible for my mods to use this aswell as there is a general Mods account that all the mods have access to so they can remain anonymous
Old 11 Jul 2009, 22:17

Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
I've just installed this, i've set up an additional Admin-Team account in the user profile section and linked it to my account but its not showing up anywhere, if i goto Usercp and edit details there is nothing showing there, or in the navbar, Ive got it set so that only admins can see and use this, does tha mean that it wont show on the navbar?? if so how do i switch accounts?

Also is it possible for my mods to use this aswell as there is a general Mods account that all the mods have access to so they can remain anonymous
The option is for linking and unlinking accounts. The links that are set up (no matter if through admincp or front-end) are usable by the linked users regardless of permissions.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 11:06

Originally Posted by Psionic Vision View Post
The option is for linking and unlinking accounts. The links that are set up (no matter if through admincp or front-end) are usable by the linked users regardless of permissions.
Thanks for replying so quickly Psion, what i need to know is where are you supposed to be able to switch the accounts over? i've installed as instructed but i've still nothing showing in the navbar or in usercp>edit details as you have in the attached pics, i've no way of changing from username1 to username2 even though i've linked the accounts?

Pete
Old 12 Jul 2009, 13:19

Up where it displays your username on the navbar, generally, it adds a drop down menu directly following your username.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 13:35

Cheers kayvin, thats the same area as it shows in the pics, which is where i was expecting to find the dropdown menu, but for some reason its not happening on my site, I will have to look into it a bit more, its not showing in the usercp either

Would it be possible to add the dropdown link manually to my navbar?

Last edited by Big-Pete; 12 Jul 2009 at 14:28.
Old 13 Jul 2009, 07:21

Is this a custom template, and if so, have you checked to see if it displays properly using the default vBulletin template, and see if it appears, because QAS shouldn't have had any trouble plugging into that one at the very least.

Oh, and Psionic, not sure if this is fixable or not, but if I'm logged in as an admin when the site's disabled (cuz I was doing upgrades), and I wanted to test the QAS after I added it. I tried switching to a non-admin account, and that worked fine. But when I was on my non-admin account, seeing the board is closed notice, it would still let me open the Account Switch dropdown, but my linked account wasn't displayed, so to get back in, I had to log out and log back into my admin account.

Not sure if that's because of what vB disables when the site's locked down, but I'm wondering if that can be adjusted at all.
Old 25 Jul 2009, 14:16

I have been unable to unarchive the files. I am on a mac, and have had no problems with unarchiving files of this format before.

Ive done a bit of digging, and it appears that the error is caused by all the dots in the file name. Could you provide a simple file name version for me please?
Old 25 Jul 2009, 15:31

Could you please just rename the file yourself?