Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18 Jun 2010, 17:05

How can I add a "Link" to the bottom of all Threads?

Here's what I want to do ... is add an "Ad" link to the bottom of all new threads created.

Thing is ... I want this link to actually be part of the post itself (not just a reference footer).
In other words, I want this to show up in the database table, "Posts" in the field, "PageText".

So, I'm thinking this is something to add to the make new record query ... but got no clue as to where, or how, to do it.

Thanks Much !!!!
Old 20 Jun 2010, 05:15

Any ideas here ...?
Old 20 Jun 2010, 15:23

I've answered this recently - was it in reply to another of your threads?

You'll have to look at the datamanagers where the post gets into into the database (look in class_dm_threadpost.php) and see about a hook location around there that you can append your ad to before it gets saved.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)