Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
uCash 4.x Details »
uCash 4.x
Mod Version: 4.0.1, by GeekyDesigns (Coder) GeekyDesigns is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2012 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.0 Beta 3 Rating: (32 votes - 4.69 average) Installs: 334
Released: 14 Nov 2009 Last Update: 21 Nov 2009 Downloads: 1933
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

11/20/09 - uCash 4.0.1 released, adding the option to edit a user's points when editing a user in the Admin CP. For some reason I thought that was already implemented. Whatever, it's there now. Enjoy.

Welcome to uCash 4.0.x!

uCash is a points system for vBulletin. 4.0.x is the continuation of uCash 3.9, which is a rewrite of previous uCash versions from scratch designed for vBulletin 4 and up. Simply upload the files located in the 'upload' folder and import product-ucash.xml in the Product Manager of vBulletin (allowing overwrite if you are upgrading). If you are installing this as a first time user of uCash then congrats, everything should be working and you can configure the options to your liking from there.

If you have a previous (pre-3.9) install of uCash or uCash & uShop still in the database, please read "oldupgrades.txt".

If you have any issues to report with this addon, please post it in this thread. Include all relevant details, such as vBulletin version and any previous install of uCash or uCash & uShop and its version number. Please do not PM or IM me for support unless you have a showstopping bug or exploit to report.

Wall of text aside, please enjoy the latest release of uCash, and feel free to post any ideas or comments here. Thanks!

For a more full list of current features in this beta, look at the screenshots displaying the main settings and per-forum settings. Note that screenshots may be out of date. For full-sized screenshots, go here: http://cuphat.com/mods/ucash/

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.9.0beta_forumoptions.jpg
Views:	5111
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	106102   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.9.0beta_options.jpg
Views:	4349
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	106103  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #106  
Old 16 Mar 2010, 05:48
sticky sticky is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Originally Posted by Link14716 View Post
Yeah, just change the 5 to a 2.
One glitch I noticed.

When switching the Rep system to decimal value if a user has, say, 2.6, and I give them +1, it will just make it a whole number, 3.0, and they will lose the decimal value, it won't add it making it 3.6.

Any idea?
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 16 Mar 2010, 06:14
Link14716's Avatar
Link14716 Link14716 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Real name: Matthew Gordon
Originally Posted by sticky View Post
One glitch I noticed.

When switching the Rep system to decimal value if a user has, say, 2.6, and I give them +1, it will just make it a whole number, 3.0, and they will lose the decimal value, it won't add it making it 3.6.

Any idea?
Actually, yes I do. The user data manager runs an intval() on reputation, dropping the decimal point. Easiest way to deal with this is probably a code change, just remember that you'll have to re-apply it whenever you upgrade vBulletin.

In /includes/class_dm_user.php, find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace with:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Save, close, upload, etc.

There's probably a way to make a clever plugin achieve the same goal, but that should get the job done for now.
__________________
Along with Zachery, I make releases as GeekyDesigns. Please do not PM or IM me for support.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 16 Mar 2010, 06:50
sticky sticky is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Originally Posted by Link14716 View Post
Actually, yes I do. The user data manager runs an intval() on reputation, dropping the decimal point. Easiest way to deal with this is probably a code change, just remember that you'll have to re-apply it whenever you upgrade vBulletin.

In /includes/class_dm_user.php, find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace with:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Save, close, upload, etc.

There's probably a way to make a clever plugin achieve the same goal, but that should get the job done for now.
It worked! You sir, are a genius.

Absolutely amazing! Other mod writers would tell me something along the lines of "I won't support that" or a different discouraging remark if messing outside the mod's initial parameters.

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 18 Mar 2010, 10:32
semprot semprot is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Real name: Jeremy
Thumbs up

However, on points per character, it would be better if it ignores text in quote.
Because it is not fair if a user just quotes a long quote from other user and get lot of points
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 18 Mar 2010, 22:32
paulbhoy paulbhoy is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
you are using this code to display the users points in the postbit, "{vb:raw template_hook.postbit_userinfo_right_after_posts}"

I was wondering if there is any other way to display the amount of points a user has.

because that line of code also controls the blog entries, and I dont want to display the blog entries, so I have that line of code commented out.

anyway to either display the amount of points differently, or somehow take out the blogs from that template with out effecting the points.

Last edited by paulbhoy; 18 Mar 2010 at 22:37.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 19 Mar 2010, 09:26
Link14716's Avatar
Link14716 Link14716 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Real name: Matthew Gordon
Originally Posted by paulbhoy View Post
you are using this code to display the users points in the postbit, "{vb:raw template_hook.postbit_userinfo_right_after_posts}"

I was wondering if there is any other way to display the amount of points a user has.

because that line of code also controls the blog entries, and I dont want to display the blog entries, so I have that line of code commented out.

anyway to either display the amount of points differently, or somehow take out the blogs from that template with out effecting the points.
Uncomment that line, go to Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager and disable the "Postbit: Add links to blog" plugin by unchecking its box and clicking "Save Active Status" at the bottom. If you want to, you can also uncheck the other blog plugins prefixed with "Postbit:", but that's the main one.
__________________
Along with Zachery, I make releases as GeekyDesigns. Please do not PM or IM me for support.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 20 Mar 2010, 02:37
unicorn2433 unicorn2433 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thank you installed today and love it

Is there a link to another mod to have it integrate with ibproarcade?
__________________
Chatter Scene
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 21 Mar 2010, 20:38
Rick7C2 Rick7C2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Lightbulb

Do you think you could integrate uCash with cpalead.com That way I can have my members complete surveys to get uCash points. Im not 100% sure but I think all that would have to be made is a post back script file.

Here is some info I grabbed from cpalead.com

Postback-Variables


Postback Example

They have a Postback Tester tool on there site but unfortunately I cant share that as I don't have access to the php file. You will either have to sign up at cpalead.com
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 31 Mar 2010, 18:35
unicorn2433 unicorn2433 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I have an additional usergroup with some admin features. Is there a way to make it so certain usergroups can not access ucash manager in control panel?
__________________
Chatter Scene
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03 Apr 2010, 11:01
Dzi13 Dzi13 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I have made ibProArcade integration (PM me if you are interested so we can make a deal)
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05 Apr 2010, 23:35
ZuFett ZuFett is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
a little question:

it is possible to get X points, if a user click a link? (vote-link)

Last edited by ZuFett; 06 Apr 2010 at 00:21.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06 Apr 2010, 03:00
kylek kylek is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Real name: Kyle
Nice and easy install and setup, thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 11 Apr 2010, 16:04
Rick7C2 Rick7C2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
BUMP!

Originally Posted by Rick7C2 View Post
Do you think you could integrate uCash with cpalead.com That way I can have my members complete surveys to get uCash points. Im not 100% sure but I think all that would have to be made is a post back script file.

Here is some info I grabbed from cpalead.com

Postback-Variables


Postback Example

They have a Postback Tester tool on there site but unfortunately I cant share that as I don't have access to the php file. You will either have to sign up at cpalead.com
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 14 Apr 2010, 15:50
unicorn2433 unicorn2433 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Originally Posted by Dzi13 View Post
I have made ibProArcade integration (PM me if you are interested so we can make a deal)
Sent you a PM. I have my arcade turned off until I can charge user points and have them win points using arcade.
As well as set up permissions for who can use it
__________________
Chatter Scene
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 19 Apr 2010, 16:41
04wayne 04wayne is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Is it possible to use this as a 'shop system' of sorts? So that with a certain number of currency, each poster, can say...buy something. Like an increased avatar size, or a custom status, or a longer signature...?

To do this, I'd need to be able to edit each poster's total manually, and adjust...taking from them the cash they've used to purchase whatever. Is it possible?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 19:15.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: