Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
vB Enterprise Translator Details »
vB Enterprise Translator
Mod Version: 2.3.15, by NLP-er (Coder) NLP-er is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (52 votes - 4.87 average) Installs: 423
Released: 14 Aug 2009 Last Update: 28 Aug 2015 Downloads: 3346
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files External Content  

2.3.15 RELEASED - TRANSLATIONS NEVER WERE SO FAST!!!

Great thanks to all who nominate vBET and allow us to win MOTM

This mod translates your forum using FREE translations for over 30 languages from Yandex API. It is 100% FREE in version described here (2.x).
Note: using this mod (vBET 2.x) is free and bound by license agreement (see below)

Yandex translation gives you 1 000 000 FREE characters per DAY to translate. Please note that Yandex do not supports all language pairs, but vBET detects automatically which are supported for your forum language.

Version for vBulletin 4.0 is here: vBET 2.4.x for vBulletin 4.0

vBET 3.x released!
Please note that vBET 3.x is developed as separate product line and it is available here: vBET 3.x. Full version is paid, it supports 53 languages each to each translation, using: Google, Microsoft, Apertium, Yandex, SDL BeGlobal and DetectLanguage. It has lot of optimizations for booth performance and translations costs.

LIVE DEMO - note that demo shows functionality of full version (3.x/4.x), which has more features than 2.x
See also screen shots below, for configuration options

Features:
- Translation by Yandex (in PRO version supports 53 languages using several translation providers)
- Optimized cache, algorhitms and more performance options - PRO version only
- Translates URLs and RSS - PRO version only
- Supports multi language communities (allows to write in different languages) - PRO version only
- Links appropriate for SEO consensus (configurable) - even without any SEO mod
- Long texts are translated no matter how big those are
- Translation cache (after first translation results are cached and next page generation is much faster)
- Doesn't translate BB codes for code, php and html (must refresh post cache to see effect on existing posts Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Post Cache)
- Easy installation - just upload files and import product file
- Highly configurable and easy configuration - by Admin CP (see screenschots)
- Configurable place for flags - simply select in options where you want to have translation flags. NO MANUAL TEMPLATE MODIFICATION. Supported: Footer-Bottom, Footer-Top, Navbar-Bottom, Navbar-Top, Custom
- Possible custom place for flags - in such case just edit template which you want and add $vbenterprisetranslatorflags
- Translates also archive pages
- Reverse page direction for Arabic, Hebrew and Persian languages
- Not translated save areas - if you need something to be not translated simply edit appropriate template and put it between
<!--START vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA--> and <!--END vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA--> (note: you cannot use any mod which removes comments to use this functionality)

Installation:
1. Download zip package (last release - see index at the end of file name)
2. Upload to your forum directory on server everything inside upload directory
3. Import in vB Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product -> Choose product file, set Allow Overwrite to yes and click Import
4. Click here: "Mark as Installed" Thanks!
5. Configure in AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> vB Enterprise Translator
You MUST configure at least Forum language and Yandex Translation API key. NOTE that there are some other important options - especially if your forum is in subdirectory or if you use vbSEO.

For MORE INFO and troubleshooting please read first post There is FAQ. So save your time for writing questions which are already answered and get your solution faster

Known issues:
- link for page on which you are doesn't track translation, cause it has same URL as flag for forum default language

ENJOY!

And thanks for nominations

Already donated (great thanks):
PossumX, adwade, roymogg, zipperty, CoZmicShReddeR, RedHacker, john devost, mandingo, chris, smnoel, Audax666, Damas, TurkeySub, nectons, Scalemotorcars, TheWite, Cybershaolin, burlesque, Ransy72560, chick, jaryx, linuxututs, cormee, dai-kun x2 , imported_silkroad, Megatr0n, KrisP, CareyCrew, ghisirds, vitoreis, cyc, mosz, CThiessen, actolearn, jaconi, andie215, yahoooh, bollie

LICENSE AGREEMENT - using this mod you agree for those conditions:
- you are NOT allowed to remove credit link under any conditions
- removing credit link means BREAKING LICENSE AGREEMENT and you lose your rights to use this mod
- using it after that is illegal, it is software PIRACY and it will be notified in vBulletin community and other places, including appropriate government/police units in your country
- author of this mod reserves the right to change the terms of this license agreement at any time. Failure to receive notification of a change does not make those changes invalid. A current copy of this license is and will be available here.

Please note that in full vBET version there is possibility to buy branding free license. There is no such possibility in free version included here.

Version history:
2.3.15 Changes:
- Fixed canonical link
- Fixed issue with SSL verification
2.3.14 Changes:
- Added 48 new languages pairs
- Updated link to Yandex in configuration
- When translation limit is reached now we show original text instead of empty message
2.3.13 Updated link to Yandex API key
2.3.12 Google changed to Yandex translations
2.3.11 Added "Affiliate Program" parameter
2.3.10 Footer bug corrected
2.3.9 userip added to Google translation request + small bug fixed
2.3.8 Small bug fixed - now all supported languages can be chosen as forum default language
2.3.7 Bugs fixed:
- weird redirections with vbet_lang
- double language in URL
- changing text direction for specific languages
Added support for:
- usernames not translated in who is online
- supported URL replacements for canonical URL
2.3.6 Important fix! - there was issue with sending referrer header which is necessary by Google conditions. This one was fixed + issue with # in translation links
2.3.5 Important change - According to Google conditions referrer header must be added to each translation query - otherwise you can be banned by Google. Install this version to avoid any troubles.
Changes:
- Added referrer header for Google translation queries
- Corrected bug for returning to forum main page from translated page
Also according to actual Google conditions your "Powered by Google" information should have Google logo. So please change text for flags in your vBET configuration to something like this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You can customize it but "Powered by Google" should stay.
2.3.4 Important bug fixed! Corrected translation of meta keywords and description
2.3.3 Important bug fixed! And also some other bugs fixed
- Fixed bug with shifted results caching
- Fixed bug for URLs to javascript functions
- Fixed bug for not translating usernames in postbit
- Little cosmetic changes
2.3.2 Really little changes.
- Changed default value of "Links title" attribute, to be more accurate for Google conditions
- Little template changed for flags, so "Link title" font will be smaller (just like vB info in footer)
- Small bug fixed
2.3.1 Some little bug fixes. Confirmed working with vbSEO 3.3.1 and confirmed working SEO links on forums with vbSEO and subdirectory in URL
2.3.0 Great news for those without vbSEO
- Supports translation SEO links even without vbSEO
- Translate Google Maps (configurable)
- Little optimizations (i.e. included only necessary things for not translated pages)
- Supports several cache cleaning strategies (optimization for really big forums) and automatically disables cache for cleaning time to avoid read/write conflicts
2.2.1 Small bug fixed with returning to default language for main page and SEO links (happens only for specific vbSEO configuration, so you don't need to update if 2.2.0 is working for you)
2.2.0 Translation tracking is working even when redirection by some mod occures (configurable reaction time)
2.1.0 9 new translation languages added! Also:
- Redirect to user language functionality - configurable (disabled, forced, after asking user does he want to be redirected).
- Fixed bug for SEO links with forums acting like directories by id.
- Corrected several flags
Update note: if you use SEO links you must change .htaccess file according to description in first post. If you changed any vbseo.php rules – un-change those.
2.0.3 Quick bug fixing (issue with bitfields in options panel)
2.0.2 Added option to set your forum main domain for tracking URL's in subdomains
2.0.1 Small bug fixed and added direction changing suport also for Hebrew
2.0.0 Some small or medium changes and one big - for vbSEO users now SEO consensus links available.
What's new:
- Links appropriate for SEO consensus (configurable)
- Persian support added
- Doesn't translate BB codes for code, php and html (must refresh post cache to see effect on existing posts Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Post Cache)
- Reverse page direction for Arabic and Persian languages
- Option to set forum directory if not linked to domain
- Few bugs fixed
1.1.1 Some little changes and bugs fixed
- Re-encode not translated parts, so there is no strange signs in scripts, images title etc.
- Corrected flag for Sweden
- Few harmless bug fixed in translation tracking and cache disabling
- Respecting Google conditions default flags title have link to Google (configurable)
1.1.0 Lot of new features and no longer in beta stage
- Long texts are translated no matter how big those are
- Cache is working for chosen languages (you simply select for each language does translations should be cached)
- Option to add Google Translate API key for translation requests
- Configurable cache time to live and scheduled task which automatically remove old cache.
- Option to show flags only for guests
- Option to easily remove flags border (without any style changing)
- Option to not translate usernames
- During translation changes param lang in html tag
- Option to translate messages changed by vBSEO to JavaScript (it has such functionality for SEO purposes)
1.0.5 Flags showing correctly for forums in subdirectory + corrected returning to base language
1.0.4 Bug fixed with translation of '0' string. Also added little feature - if some parts of your forum uses vbSEO and some are not then now flags will have appropriate URL's everywhere
1.0.3 Big bug fixed Mod doesn't mess in template anymore (it did in some specific cases)
1.0.2 Small bug fixed - error with array merge solved
1.0.1 Small bug fixed - now choosing supported languages in options works fine
1.0.0 Great mod released

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbenterprisetranslator-flags.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	104036   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbenterprisetranslator-options5.jpg
Views:	1025
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	104594   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbenterprisetranslator-options4.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	104593   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbenterprisetranslator-options3.jpg
Views:	1168
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	104592  

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbenterprisetranslator-options2.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	104591   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbenterprisetranslator-options1.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	104590  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #901  
Old 16 Nov 2009, 11:49
Kolbi's Avatar
Kolbi Kolbi is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Real name: Matthias
Originally Posted by NLP-er View Post
Always you can just remove from sitemap some translations or all of those - at the end spiders will find it by links on forum, but you have less control then and it can take longer (i think ).
Which languages do you prefer?
Are there statistics with which language you can get most traffic?
Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 16 Nov 2009, 12:14
Audax666's Avatar
Audax666 Audax666 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Germany
Originally Posted by NLP-er View Post
Great to hear HAVE FUN with vBET!!!
Not yet, sorry

Your tag <!--START vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA--> and <!--END vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->, works fine for every language expcept the home language.
There, the tag is completely shown on browser title.
I just recognized it after my last post and removed it cause it doesn't look that nice.

And I think I didn't make something wrong because in other languages, the tag does what it should.
__________________
That's all folks....

Thanks for visiting my projects:
laser tv news - rockabilly forum
Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 16 Nov 2009, 12:34
CThiessen CThiessen is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by Kolbi View Post
Are there statistics with which language you can get most traffic?
Hi,
difficult to say.
English on Top (my Forum is German) in total numbers but interstig are:
  • Arabic
  • Hebrew
  • Korean
this are Languages were the people are usually speaking English very well and it might be more difficult to write Wep Pages in thees languages.
So my site is ranked very hight in Google, and if somebody don´t find what he is looking for, on my page, maybe he find something in the Ad´s.

And it look like that Google compare that with the other Content of the site.
I do have twice more indexed pages for Portuguese than for other languages.
My site is about Brazil an i ever had some pages and and Post in Portuguese without translation.

Christian
__________________
My Sites in German: Brasilien with Brasilien Forum
Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 16 Nov 2009, 17:23
Kolbi's Avatar
Kolbi Kolbi is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Real name: Matthias
Originally Posted by CThiessen View Post
Hi,
difficult to say.
English on Top (my Forum is German) in total numbers but interstig are:
  • Arabic
  • Hebrew
  • Korean
this are Languages were the people are usually speaking English very well and it might be more difficult to write Wep Pages in thees languages.
I have a German board as well.
Are there languages you never got any traffic?
If you think about percentages of traffic from these languages, how high are they?
Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 16 Nov 2009, 19:00
imported_silkroad imported_silkroad is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by NLP-er View Post
At this moment I have information straight from Google that "Powered by Google" should include the logo and I will fit it in default configuration.
Hahahaha. No you don't !! (Sorry, I have been out with friends eating Italian food and drinking nice wine !! )

The email you provided does not say "include logo" and the TOS does not say include logo. It is not necessary to make people afraid over something very small! Be factual !! Also, sorry to tell you, is not necessary to be a "lawyer" as you said, to understand the Google TOS. The TOS is very clear. No logo is required. This is easy to see. What is NOT clear is your email, which says things about the Google TOS that are not in the TOS nor in Google's email you posted.

Protecting people is not the same as spreading "fear, uncertainty, and doubt" .. as I said. Be factual. Post facts. There are no secrets about the Google TOS.

AND, regarding one user being "blocked' .... we have no exact reason they were blocked. There are many reasons that Google can block a user, and without posting the exact reason, you need to be careful not to simple give misinformation, fear, uncertainty and doubt, without facts that do not match the TOS. Hahahaha. Where is the exact reason?? It certainly was not because of a logo or "Powered by Google" .. the forum you are talking about must have done something else seriously wrong !

So far, we have read nothing from the Google TOS or from your email (posting from the forum) that confirms the each reason one of your users was blocked. Maybe they broken many other TOS? Maybe they did many things wrong. It has nothing to do with logos, etc. It is not necessary to go beyond the Google TOS. Google does not block good forums doing "good things"..... Google's philosophy is "Do No Harm"...

Please post the exact reason one user was blocked, according to Google.

Anyway, you say you are "protecting people" but that means you must also be precise, factual and actual about the Google TOS. Posting emotional fear, uncertainty and doubt is not good for anyone.

So far, there are very little fact here....

Anyway, nevermind... if you want to be the mother goose of users and spread fear without fact, that is your right. I hope you will be more accurate about these things. The Google TOS did not change. The fact are not clear why your user forum was blocked. The email you posted said nothing new or unknown.

Last edited by imported_silkroad; 16 Nov 2009 at 19:30.
Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 17 Nov 2009, 13:31
NLP-er's Avatar
NLP-er NLP-er is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Real name: Michał Podbielski
Originally Posted by Kolbi View Post
Which languages do you prefer?
Are there statistics with which language you can get most traffic?
In fact such statistics exists - those are statistics about which languages are most used on the word. I'm using all flags, but some users already wrote about most user languages. So maybe someone will help in this area.

I'm not sure, but as I remember you can find it in wikipedia. If I'm wrong please someone correct me
__________________
vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - your forum in 53 languages - get more traffic, users and incomes from AdSense!
Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 17 Nov 2009, 13:39
NLP-er's Avatar
NLP-er NLP-er is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Real name: Michał Podbielski
Originally Posted by Audax666 View Post
Not yet, sorry

Your tag <!--START vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA--> and <!--END vBET NOT TRANSLATED AREA-->, works fine for every language expcept the home language.
There, the tag is completely shown on browser title.
I just recognized it after my last post and removed it cause it doesn't look that nice.

And I think I didn't make something wrong because in other languages, the tag does what it should.
I could add possibility to clean not translated area in normal pages, but it will have impact on performance. In most places comments are not visible, so it doesn't metter, but it it is inside of tag attribute, then it is considered as value not as comment and it is shown.

But you still can handle this It is enough to add simple condition in your template (note that this is necessary ONLY inside of attributes - in other places it is just not shown by browser):

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

This way it will not be added for your default language
__________________
vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - your forum in 53 languages - get more traffic, users and incomes from AdSense!
Reply With Quote
  #908  
Old 17 Nov 2009, 14:07
NLP-er's Avatar
NLP-er NLP-er is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Real name: Michał Podbielski
Originally Posted by imported_silkroad View Post
Hahahaha. No you don't !! (Sorry, I have been out with friends eating Italian food and drinking nice wine !! )

The email you provided does not say "include logo" and the TOS does not say include logo. It is not necessary to make people afraid over something very small! Be factual !! Also, sorry to tell you, is not necessary to be a "lawyer" as you said, to understand the Google TOS. The TOS is very clear. No logo is required. This is easy to see. What is NOT clear is your email, which says things about the Google TOS that are not in the TOS nor in Google's email you posted.

Protecting people is not the same as spreading "fear, uncertainty, and doubt" .. as I said. Be factual. Post facts. There are no secrets about the Google TOS.

AND, regarding one user being "blocked' .... we have no exact reason they were blocked. There are many reasons that Google can block a user, and without posting the exact reason, you need to be careful not to simple give misinformation, fear, uncertainty and doubt, without facts that do not match the TOS. Hahahaha. Where is the exact reason?? It certainly was not because of a logo or "Powered by Google" .. the forum you are talking about must have done something else seriously wrong !

So far, we have read nothing from the Google TOS or from your email (posting from the forum) that confirms the each reason one of your users was blocked. Maybe they broken many other TOS? Maybe they did many things wrong. It has nothing to do with logos, etc. It is not necessary to go beyond the Google TOS. Google does not block good forums doing "good things"..... Google's philosophy is "Do No Harm"...

Please post the exact reason one user was blocked, according to Google.

Anyway, you say you are "protecting people" but that means you must also be precise, factual and actual about the Google TOS. Posting emotional fear, uncertainty and doubt is not good for anyone.

So far, there are very little fact here....

Anyway, nevermind... if you want to be the mother goose of users and spread fear without fact, that is your right. I hope you will be more accurate about these things. The Google TOS did not change. The fact are not clear why your user forum was blocked. The email you posted said nothing new or unknown.
In my opinion you choose to ignore all quotes which I gave you directly form Google pages. So to remind you:
http://code.google.com/intl/pl-PL/ap...l#_intro_fonje
"Applications MUST always include a valid and accurate http referer header in their requests."

http://code.google.com/intl/pl-PL/ap...tion/#Branding
"it is important to communicate the Google brand to your users"
And it appears to be important enough to get info from google about this:
Originally Posted by Google
I appreciated that you've included a note at the bottom that translations are powered by Google, but you should also include "Powered by Google" branding on every page that includes translations from the API
The men gave the link to branding description. And as you can see on page about branding there is link which shows how looks branding from the API - it shows Google logo. And if you read carefully what the man said - on page WAS INCLUDED "Powered By Google" string, but it appears not enough and the men told that there should be "Powered by Google" BRANDING - which is described under the link and which shows Google logo.

So there is no information which I gave and has no coverage in reality. In fact - the reality triggers it. And the reality is that one page was banned/blocked. And as you wrote we do not know exact reason of banning/bocking, but we know that ALL things which I described was considered relevant during unbanning/unblocking procedure so each one of those could be also an reason and if not - still was necessary for unbanning/unblocking.

I understand that you would made other choices with your users. I made my and I'm strongly convinced that it is really good choice - to give my users best solution as fast as possible which will remove from theme banning/blocking threat.

You have full right to think whatever you want about it and also to give your suggestions for future which are appreciated.
Still if you ask questions, then please accept answers, especially when answers are straight from Google, instead of ignoring those and repeat over and over that there was no reason. I understand that you could see no reason, but You was asking about my reasons of my actions and those where already given to you. I see nothing more to tell in this topic. All sources you have included. There is no more.

Great thanks for your advices - I really appreciate it as those come from man who has lot of experience in this area. I totally agree that making people feel fear is not good, but I (I I I) saw real threat here and made MY actions to make my users rally feel safe with new release. I hope that thanks that users can trust to this product as one which takes care about them.

Thanks and enjoy
__________________
vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - your forum in 53 languages - get more traffic, users and incomes from AdSense!

Last edited by NLP-er; 17 Nov 2009 at 14:15.
Reply With Quote
  #909  
Old 17 Nov 2009, 17:11
Kolbi's Avatar
Kolbi Kolbi is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Real name: Matthias
Originally Posted by NLP-er View Post
In fact such statistics exists - those are statistics about which languages are most used on the word. I'm using all flags, but some users already wrote about most user languages. So maybe someone will help in this area.

I'm not sure, but as I remember you can find it in wikipedia. If I'm wrong please someone correct me
I wouldn´t find a statistic

Perhaps someone can provide one?
Because I´m thinking about purchasing the full version this month.
Reply With Quote
  #910  
Old 17 Nov 2009, 19:03
isatice's Avatar
isatice isatice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
works like a charm
is there any possibility to add different kinda advertisements for different language pages ?
Reply With Quote
  #911  
Old 17 Nov 2009, 20:19
Audax666's Avatar
Audax666 Audax666 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Germany
Against all critics, first class support!
I'll try what you adviced.

Sorry to bother, but I got something else.
I got the SEO URLs activated and navigation through my forum works fine, no problems.
But on forumhome, when I'm not using my home language (german), the flags (language links) look like this:
(choosen language english)
spanish: mysite.de/es/?language=en
french: mysite.de/fr/?language=en
back to german: mysite.de/?language=en

So I can't change a language on forumhome.
Within the threads and forumdisplay, also no problems.

Is this my misconfiguration or a bug?
__________________
That's all folks....

Thanks for visiting my projects:
laser tv news - rockabilly forum
Reply With Quote
  #912  
Old 17 Nov 2009, 21:27
isatice's Avatar
isatice isatice is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
let me rephrase myself
is there any IF-CONDITIONS to specify a particular content or image to be shown on a specific language only
Reply With Quote
  #913  
Old 18 Nov 2009, 05:32
askeroglu askeroglu is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I think, It is not working on VBSuite Beta3 ?
Reply With Quote
  #914  
Old 18 Nov 2009, 08:56
imported_silkroad imported_silkroad is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Hey NLP-er!

Does your mod with the new vBSEO 3.2.0 and 3.3.x security patch just released?

http://www.vbseo.com/f5/vbseo-securi...eleased-38487/
Reply With Quote
  #915  
Old 19 Nov 2009, 00:13
NLP-er's Avatar
NLP-er NLP-er is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Real name: Michał Podbielski
Originally Posted by isatice View Post
works like a charm
is there any possibility to add different kinda advertisements for different language pages ?
Just use AdSense and it will take care about it
__________________
vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - your forum in 53 languages - get more traffic, users and incomes from AdSense!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 13:28.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: