Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 18:44
Kyle55155 Kyle55155 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
How to set up facebook connect

I would post this on Vbulletin.com but for reasons unknown my account doesn't have permission to post.

Trying to follow http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Common-Issues.

When I go to the link for developers there is no link to "set up a new application" In fact I can't find it anywhere in facebook where I can set up a new application. Did they change their site??? Does anyone know what page I need to go to on Facebook in order to set up a new application???
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:13
Booyakan Booyakan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJpj0ZU1yXY
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:33
Kyle55155 Kyle55155 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Originally Posted by Booyakan View Post
On the video our friend Michael says go to : http://www.facebook.com/developers/

and click on "set up new application"

Do you see a link titled "set up a new application"?
I don't have one.

Is there a link anywhere in Facebook entitled "set up new applilcation"?

Last edited by Kyle55155; 03 Jul 2010 at 19:44.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:54
kall's Avatar
kall kall is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Ace
Originally Posted by Kyle55155 View Post
On the video our friend Michael says go to : http://www.facebook.com/developers/

and click on "set up new application"

Do you see a link titled "set up a new application"?
I don't have one.

Is there a link anywhere in Facebook entitled "set up new applilcation"?
Umm.. yeah, can't you see it? Over to the right.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (36.9 KB, 140 views)
__________________
vBulletin Styles (All styles compatible with 3.8.4 - Steel Blue 4.0 Available) | vBulletin Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 19:57
Booyakan Booyakan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
http://www.facebook.com/developers/

Yes, you can't miss it.. I was logged in and it first asked me to allow access to the developer ap.
Then it redirected me to the page with the set up a new application button.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03 Jul 2010, 23:15
Kyle55155 Kyle55155 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Ok I'm in now. One more question. My site is not yet live and accessible via the internet. Should facebook connect work now or only when my site is accessible via the internet?

Last edited by Kyle55155; 04 Jul 2010 at 00:52.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04 Jul 2010, 03:02
Xencored Xencored is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Real name: Mike
Originally Posted by Kyle55155 View Post
Ok I'm in now. One more question. My site is not yet live and accessible via the internet. Should facebook connect work now or only when my site is accessible via the internet?
Your site will need to be on the interbutts yes
it has to talk to them and back to your site

(Site post) >>> >>> (Facebook) "John posted blah >>> >>> (Site) John like this post
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04 Jul 2010, 04:26
Kyle55155 Kyle55155 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Originally Posted by Animemike View Post
Your site will need to be on the interbutts yes
it has to talk to them and back to your site

(Site post) >>> >>> (Facebook) "John posted blah >>> >>> (Site) John like this post
Cool,

thanks for the responses.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01 Jan 2013, 02:26
Beezilbub Beezilbub is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Is there an updated version of this video or a tutorial? Facebook has changed things around to where this no longer is correct. You can no longer access http://www.facebook.com/developers/
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: