Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Custom User Smileys Details »
Custom User Smileys
Developer Last Online: Nov 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.4 Rating: (2 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 64
Released: 18 May 2006 Last Update: 22 May 2006 Downloads: 148
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files  

-----------------
- Brought To You By:
-
- MediaFlavor.com
-
- Custom VB Mods, Extensions, and Plugins

-----------------

As an administrator of a pretty busy forum, I get tired of users asking to add this smiley, or that smiley, so I wrote up this extension that allows users to upload their own smileys. Each user has a custom smiley set that they can choose from.

Users smilies are private, meaning everyone can see their smilies, but that smiley is only displayed in that users smiley set when they post/reply to an article.

The administrator can limit what groups can use custom smileys, and can define how many smilies users can have, their file size, and W X H restrictions.

ChangeLog:

May 18th, 2006 - Patched popup smilie hook for standard editor (advanced was fine)
May 21st, 2006 - Patched popup smilie hook to include phrases instead of static names. Modified readme slightly for smiliebits.

Installation

Installation is simple and there are NO source code edits.

Set it up, enjoy and

CLICK INSTALL!

This modification is FREE of charge, but if you wish to reward me for my work, and encourage future modifications by me, please donate below:

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	cp.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	47796   Click image for larger version

Name:	popup.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	47797   Click image for larger version

Name:	umup.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	47798   Click image for larger version

Name:	useditor.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	47799  

Click image for larger version

Name:	usmcp.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	47800  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
[Release] Permanent + Custom User Titles For Staff (or any other user you wish) kitzzy vBulletin 2.x Template Modifications 30 15 Nov 2007 17:32

Old 22 Jun 2006, 14:44

your an ass and your last post just proves it ...... winzip and mouse..Lmao what are you about 13? BTW with all those bullcrap instructions, Why not offer your expertise on FTP uploads like most use???

and this isn't my first hack, it's just your lame ass instructions. While most coders might understand exactly where your coming from, others may not.. hence the breakdown I'm experiancing with your instructions.

I've seen hacks where the folders to be uploaded go into the root folder, some in other specific folders..Your just sez to upload it?? Ok...

do I know how the workings of every hack.. hell no that's why were's here. If I could write these I would need arrogant ass like yourself, you and you alone.

Your instructions are not that clear. atleast not as clear any all the other excellent coders on this site.

They spell instructions out to us knowing full well that we are not as well versed as they.

BTW I am thankful to all the coders that actually do help and not attempt to degrade people because they know how to do something others don't.
That shows me how excellent these guys are and how small you are.
It's quite sad to see such an intelligent mind have such a lame ass attitude.

But thanks for the hack. for that I'm very grateful for it, for the help.. no so

Last edited by basskiller; 22 Jun 2006 at 14:47.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 14:48

Originally Posted by basskiller
your an ass and your last post just proves it ...... winzip and mouse..Lmao what are you about 13? BTW with all those bullcrap instructions, Why not offer your expertise on FTP uploads like most use???

and this isn't my first hack, it's just your lame ass instructions. While most coders might understand exactly where your coming from, others may not.. hence the breakdown I'm experiancing with your instructions.

I've seen hacks where the folders to be uploaded go into the root folder, some in other specific folders..Your just sez to upload it?? Ok...

do I know how the workings of every hack.. hell no that's why were's here. If I could write these I would need arrogant ass like yourself, you and you alone.

Your instructions are not that clear. atleast not as clear any all the other excellent coders on this site.

They spell instructions out to us knowing full well that we are not as well versed as they.

BTW I am thankful to all the coders that actually do help and not attempt to degrade people because they know how to do something others don't.
That shows me how excellent these guys are and how small you are.
It's quite sad to see such an intelligent mind have such a lame ass attitude.

But thanks for the hack. for that I'm very grateful, for the help.. no so
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Old 22 Jun 2006, 14:52

Pulp fiction.. pretty good movie do you have a clue to what it means?
Ezekiel 25:17
Old 22 Jun 2006, 19:21

thx for product

install flawless
Old 23 Jun 2006, 18:26

Hey there, I tried uninstalling this product after a problem with user's pictures being referred to the old domain adter a DNS change. However the product is gone from the list, but apparently the DB changes remain- and I can't seem to reinstall or 'upgrade' the product due to them.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Is there a manual uninstall method I can use? [aside from the FTP stuff- I've taken out the .php and bitfield XML files as well as the pics folder]

Thanks.
Old 24 Jun 2006, 03:35

You will have to manually delete the usmilie_permissions column from your usergroup table.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 02:40

Is there any way to base the Settings on User Group?

Thanks!
Old 26 Jul 2006, 02:50

Of course, it is built in. You can select what usergroups can have custom smilies.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 02:58

Sorry, I didn't explain myself well.

I would like different usergroups to have different settings. For example, Mods might be able to upload 20 smilies while Registered users could only upload 10.
Old 11 Aug 2006, 06:44

Hey Jafo,

There is a problem in the product XML file. The usmilies_invalid_smiley_name and usmilies_smiley_limit phrases are not getting created. There are extra characters in the CDATA lines, causing their data being stuffed into the usmilies_deleted phrase.

Ill try to figure out a way to patch existing installs, so we dont have to uninstall and re-install a fixed XML file. If I figure it out, Ill post here.
Old 13 Aug 2006, 02:17

Can I suggest a few things?

Make it so rather than liking directly to the image on a post, link to a script that checks if the smilie is active, and checks it on load, so that if someone deletes a smilie, you don't have broken images.

Good idea on the script
Old 15 Aug 2006, 18:39

Hi there, can anyone assist me?

After Installing the product I'm trying to set the usergroup permissions, but after Saving I keep getting this error:

"Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /includes/class_core.php on line 639"

Ofcourse, the custom user smilies settings are not saved.
What seems to be the problem? Has anyone got an idea?

I'm using vBulletin 3.5.0. Does it have to do something with the version?
Old 19 Aug 2006, 12:09

Hi there is an issue here, if people do not name their custom smileys it still uploads, but the user cannot see it nor use it and i cannot delete it once its up.

Can you in anyway make the custom smiley name mandatory? So the smiley will not upload without the user naming it?

Thanks!
Old 20 Aug 2006, 18:36

Originally Posted by AcidX
Hi there, can anyone assist me?

After Installing the product I'm trying to set the usergroup permissions, but after Saving I keep getting this error:

"Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /includes/class_core.php on line 639"

Ofcourse, the custom user smilies settings are not saved.
What seems to be the problem? Has anyone got an idea?

I'm using vBulletin 3.5.0. Does it have to do something with the version?
Help anyone?
Old 21 Aug 2006, 00:02

Originally Posted by sinaluna
OK, I think I have it figured. In the User Smilies Popup Hook replace the code with this:
Hello,

I applied your fix but it seems only working with the advanced editor, not with the standard... actually, in the pop-up the custom smileys are shown very well but when you click on them, nothing appears in the text box... however if you use advanced mode, when you click on the smileys, they are correctly inserted in the text editor...

Is there a way to fix that ?

Thanks you very much