Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Graphic Options
Army Ranks for Postbit Details »
Army Ranks for Postbit
Developer Last Online: Apr 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (4 votes - 4.50 average) Installs: 38
Released: 06 Jan 2007 Last Update: 21 May 2010 Downloads: 1241
Not Supported  

Alright, I don't know how many people actually want something like this for their forums but here it is.

Basically its a rank graphic that can be placed into your users postbit. I recommend postbit_legacy for this, simply because it looks better

In addition to the normal ranks, there is a separate zip file containing a couple extras I have created. For example if you want to have a "training" rank in between enlisted and officer, then there is a cadet rank in the extras file.

Also, with the rank files I included 3 warrant officer graphics, when these were made we were using the warrant officer ranks to signify moderators (junior WO being a new moderator in training, WO as a full moderator, and CWO as the head moderator)

I am more than willing to do any modifications to the graphics. Also in the extras folder there is a second version of the general ranks in a different color, as well as a couple with an extra line of text for adding positions and such

I should have taken the above paragraph out a long time ago, but I didnt. Anyway, I found the original .PNG files for these and have posted them (ranks_original.zip). Feel free to make any changes you want.

____ ____

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Graphic
Graphic Developer Type Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks Image ranks in postbit kentona vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 9 12 Apr 2011 15:38
Cool Army Ranks UaECasher vBulletin Rank Sets 13 06 Feb 2011 22:33
User Ranks for Postbit (Addition to Army Rank Files) Grasty vBulletin Rank Sets 3 25 Jun 2007 18:06

Comments
Old 06 Jan 2007, 02:43

Ranks are the size of avys lol
Looks very nice, Eye catching
Old 06 Jan 2007, 11:18

hello
I would like to translate them in french
Are you agree to give the psd files ?
thanks
Old 06 Jan 2007, 12:57

Nice job lov'em!
Old 07 Jan 2007, 12:43

Thumbs up dose this work with vbulletin 3.6.4

it would be great then
Old 07 Jan 2007, 12:45

oh they look very nice! Awesome work
Old 13 Jan 2007, 04:10

Originally Posted by Cobro View Post
it would be great then
Yes I have them installed on a 3.6.4 version of vbulletin. if you would like to see what they look like in the post bit www.unitedbadboys.org/forums

Its a website I made for a counter-strike clan. The graphics were altered a little bit to show an abreviation instead of E-1, E-2, etc.

EDIT: unitedbadboyz.org was taken offline permanently.

Last edited by Grasty; 21 May 2010 at 14:54.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 17:42

I would love to modify all of the titles and incorporate them into our system..any chance for the .psd's?

I would be happy to put an acknowledgment into our footer with your info
Old 04 Feb 2007, 20:07

An Addon to this rank set has been posted:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=138453
Old 06 Feb 2007, 12:32

Gee, I wonder where you got the inspiration for these?
http://warriornation.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=282340

Can we say Slight ripoff.

Last edited by WNxWakko; 06 Feb 2007 at 12:35.
Old 06 Feb 2007, 23:46

I obviously must admit that I have seen your ranks before, and have seen them before making these. I gathered ideas from multiple places, most of them were my own, the only thing in that graphic that came from you is the striped border on the left side that I placed stars on.

So maybe it did give me a little inspiration, A couple years ago a site I was an admin on was making rank graphics and was looking for ideas, one person brought up your site and we looked at them (among other sites) and tried to gather together some ideas, at the time we made something that was VERY similar to yours. At that point I made a couple that were very close to yours before I completely started over from scratch and made these ones, the only thing I took from the original graphics that my friend made was that striped section on the left side.

If I was attempting to ripoff your ranks they would look better than that. But if you want to go nuts over a 15x90px image of nothing but alternating lines then have fun
Old 03 Mar 2007, 19:36

Can we get a simple explination on adding this to the posbit legacy template please?
Old 09 Mar 2007, 04:59

You do not have to do any template or style editing to get these to work, so those of you who are dreading coding this out into the post bit, not to worry, Vbulletin has a built in tool that does the exact same thing without any painful coding.

It is essentially just a usergroup with a graphic assigned to it. Very easy, if anyone wants to see the overall look of the graphics after they are installed you can visit the unitedbadboys.org forums and take a gander around.

As for setting this up, I am more than happy to atempt to come up with instructions with screenshots and everything, but if you want to save the confusion I am more than happy to install it for you, all I would need is access to the admin panel (but that of course is if you trust me enough to go into your admin panel). I can say that it is not that dificult, its just a little tedious.
Old 14 May 2007, 09:27

very nice...installed
Old 19 Apr 2008, 17:12

very very good, thanks Grasty installed