Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
VaultWiki: A Wiki for your forum Details »
VaultWiki: A Wiki for your forum
Developer Last Online: Feb 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (4 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 22
Released: 29 Mar 2010 Last Update: 31 Jul 2013 Downloads: 253
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

** THIS MOD IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED **
We are no longer developing this, a newer version is available here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=309676

** DOWNLOAD REMOVED **
The download attached to this thread has been removed due to known unpatched security issues: https://www.vaultwiki.org/pages/Book...-Patch-Level-2

We do not recommend using this version, and we cannot offer support for it any longer.

VaultWiki does not bridge from other wiki products (like MediaWiki, etc). It is a wiki product written just for vBulletin.

About VaultWiki
"The powerful editing options in VaultWiki allow your community to collaborate to create and publish content pages for your site. Multiple users can edit the same page, and your staff can moderate changes as they are made. VaultWiki maintains a detailed history of every page, making it just as easy to reverse unwanted changes.

Use to create general site content, user manuals, wikis... VaultWiki works by extending vBulletin's forum and permissions systems - easily create and designate forum areas for different purposes. With a little imagination, VaultWiki can be configured to do almost anything."

Features and the Full Version
The find out more about VaultWiki Lite's features or to purchase the full commercial version, see the comparison here: http://www.vaultwiki.org/features/

VaultWiki Lite cannot import data from other wiki products. If you want to do this, you'll need the full commercial version.

Requirements:
  • PHP 4.4.0 or higher
  • MySQL 4.1.2 or higher
  • vBulletin 3.6.x, 3.7.x, 3.8.x, 4.0.x
  • about 1 MB of space

Copyright Info
VaultWiki Lite places a copyright notice in your forum's footer on any page where wiki functions are used. You are not allowed to modify the source code or phrases to remove this copyright.

Troubleshooting and Support
While VaultWiki Lite is offered for free on vbulletin.org, you will receive faster responses to support questions made at the official VaultWiki site: http://www.vaultwiki.org/

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions VaultWiki: A Wiki for your forum thincom2000 Modification Graveyard 120 26 Jun 2016 16:02
Add-On Releases THS Wiki - Lightweight wiki for vBulletin Cip vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 108 11 Dec 2012 13:41

Old 29 May 2010, 18:30

Just released 3.0.4. It fixes an infinite redirect with certain titles, and adds RTL support.
Old 06 Jul 2010, 16:38

Released 3.0.6. Fixes an incompatibility with users still running PHP 4. Unless you use PHP 4, you don't really need to upgrade.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 19:21

Yesterday a security issue was identified by the developers of the commercial version of VaultWiki that also exists in VaultWiki Lite.

As of today, 3.0.6 Lite should address these issues. Even if you are already running this latest version, we strongly recommend downloading the mod again and patching your files as soon as possible.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 03:15

Thanks to the recent release of vBulletin 4.0.8 Patch Levels 1 and 2, we were able to identify and address 2 security vulnerabilities in VaultWiki Lite. VaultWiki 3.0.8 Lite addresses both of these issues.

Even though these vulnerabilities only affect users with Internet Explorer 6, we still highly recommend that customers upgrade as soon as they are able. Keep in mind that these issues affect customers on all versions of vBulletin, not just those with vBulletin 4.
Old 07 Jan 2011, 00:06

Looking at buying full version but testing out Lite version first. Running VB 3.8.6 PL1.
When the plugin/product is enabled it causes a blank white screen for all forum pages. The sites error log doesnt show any errors about it. Any thoughts?
Old 07 Jan 2011, 01:07

Did you create at least one wiki forum? Sometimes there is a white screen if you didn't set up the wiki after installing.
Old 08 Jan 2011, 10:30

Originally Posted by thincom2000 View Post
Did you create at least one wiki forum? Sometimes there is a white screen if you didn't set up the wiki after installing.
That did it. Thank you. Up and running now.

Might be worth throwing in an if statement that if a forum hasnt been setup/chosen, display message that they need to goto Namespace and Forum manager. Just to prevent you answering questions like this over and over

Again, thank you.
Old 02 Mar 2011, 04:39

Early yesterday the VaultWiki staff discovered a security vulnerability in the VaultWiki software, which also affects users who have installed the Lite version. VaultWiki 3.0.8 Lite PL 1 has been released today to patch this issue.

ALL versions of VaultWiki Lite prior to 3.0.8 PL 1 are vulnerable. This particular exploit can allow an attacker to access and modify your database. If you currently have VaultWiki Lite installed we urge you to upgrade IMMEDIATELY to protect your site.
Old 02 Mar 2011, 23:44

Just installed this and it seems to have kicked me out and my other Admin. The rest of my members are able to view the site fine, but for me, it's just a white page.
Old 03 Mar 2011, 03:01

Did you create the wiki forum? The forum will show an error message to admins if VaultWiki is installed but wasn't configured. On some installs the error message is missing and just shows a white page.
Old 03 Mar 2011, 03:47

Originally Posted by thincom2000 View Post
Did you create the wiki forum? The forum will show an error message to admins if VaultWiki is installed but wasn't configured. On some installs the error message is missing and just shows a white page.
That was the issue. Got it working now. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm getting this error when using quick reply/full reply

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fetch_seo_url() in /forums/vault/tabs/special_tab_discussion.php on line 434

Last edited by slinkyman; 03 Mar 2011 at 04:01.
Old 06 Mar 2011, 04:10

Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
That was the issue. Got it working now. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm getting this error when using quick reply/full reply
Anyone know how to solve this issue? I'm looking at pushing forward with this system and making it more prominent on my website if this would work.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function fetch_seo_url() in /forums/vault/tabs/special_tab_discussion.php on line 434
Old 07 Mar 2011, 19:26

My apologies, this fix wasn't included in the last ZIP. Updated it, just download and replace the file mentioned in your error message.
Old 12 Aug 2011, 17:32

For users who were experiencing an empty Namespace Manager after installation, today's update should fix the issue. Just reinstall or run the upgrade script.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 11:59

Hi there

Just installed this on 3.8.5 but having a few issues.

1. How do I get to the start page like you have here? - https://www.vaultwiki.org/attachments/738d1264020414/

2. I'm getting the following display issues, is there any way to correct them?

18-09-2011 12-33-45.jpg

18-09-2011 12-34-08.jpg

18-09-2011 12-34-54.jpg

Also, when viewing a thread/article in the wiki using IE9 I get the following code at the top left of the page and at the top right is the rating link.
18-09-2011 13-54-06.jpg

Last edited by viper357; 18 Sep 2011 at 12:58.