Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 02 Feb 2013, 14:37

This article is about PROFILE tabs, not navigation tabs.

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 02 Feb 2013, 15:57

Originally Posted by layyous View Post
is there a way to create a tab (that stays in the same forum) just so that it can be used for navigation purposes to links, the reason for this is because i have static pages on the same domain and i don't want to add all the links to them under the forum tab,( by creating a sub menu) instead i want the tabs to act like sub menu's

to elaborate more, i tried creating a tab, (lets call it my links). and in this tab i want a sub menu with links to pointed pages lets say a link is pointing to mydomain.com/mypage.htm

the problem i have here is when i create a tab and have it pointing to (nothing) and click on it the page gets redirected to forum tab again... i dont want this to happen i want the tab to act like a navagation menu while at the same time staying in the forum... and all the sub menus and links show up under this tab
I'm sure there is a way to do what you want, but this is not an article about doing it that way. You would need to play with the plugin code and modify it to get what you want.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 03 Feb 2013, 08:03

Originally Posted by cellarius View Post
This article is about PROFILE tabs, not navigation tabs.
OK, now I'm the idiot Why exactly was I absolutely sure I was in my profile tab article?

Sorry

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 03 Feb 2013, 10:35

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
I'm sure there is a way to do what you want, but this is not an article about doing it that way. You would need to play with the plugin code and modify it to get what you want.
Thank you
Old 13 Mar 2013, 01:09

Quick question. I know the userinfo and options variables are present and usuable in the link portion of the navigation manager and can define other variables there.

Is there a way define a dynamic variable that can be used in the title portion of the vb navigation manager.

I am assuming I will have to ditch the straight xml navigation links I do now and use this method of it being in a plugin.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 02:13

Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
Quick question. I know the userinfo and options variables are present and usuable in the link portion of the navigation manager and can define other variables there.

Is there a way define a dynamic variable that can be used in the title portion of the vb navigation manager.

I am assuming I will have to ditch the straight xml navigation links I do now and use this method of it being in a plugin.
I would guess you could? It's hard to get more specific when I don't have a more concrete example of what you want to do.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 13:16

ok

what I meant by design was say I want to have a dynamic link title. Right now I use straight navigation links in an xml file. I can define options through plugins to plug into urls for the navigation.

What I am needing is a dynamic title.

Say for instance take the PM indicator no messages 1 message 2 messages. I am looking to do a title like that on a submenu item.

It is no big deal.

Based on what I know I am going to have to ditch the straight way of doing links and do more like this thread plugin way that way I have total control over the variables and can define a variable title on a sublink title.

I do have one question though on your way of doing things. How to you set show permissions doing a navbar your way.

Last edited by Omegatron; 13 Mar 2013 at 13:27.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 18:14

Originally Posted by Omegatron View Post
Based on what I know I am going to have to ditch the straight way of doing links and do more like this thread plugin way that way I have total control over the variables and can define a variable title on a sublink title.

I do have one question though on your way of doing things. How to you set show permissions doing a navbar your way.
If you want a dynamic title, then yes, you will need to use a plugin.

As for $show permissions, just do a search on this thread because that has been covered a few times.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 25 Jun 2013, 12:59

Can I create a Quick Link to go to a specified custom usergroup? v 4.1.3
Old 25 Jun 2013, 16:31

How do you create a link to a usergroup? I don't understand exactly what you want at all. If you are talking about a link showing for only a certain usergroup, then that has been covered many times in this thread.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 24 Jan 2014, 00:25

See posts below.

Last edited by seventhaxis; 25 Jan 2014 at 14:16.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 00:27

What version of vB are you running?
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 24 Jan 2014, 01:52

Ah sorry, 4.1.10
Old 25 Jan 2014, 13:14

In order to make more than one tab, I'm assuming I have to make separate plugins. If so, how do I go about ordering them if they're all placed at the end? Is it just automatically ordered alphabetically according to the slot they're placed in (i.e. _start, _middle, _end)?

Also, how do I define the subnav I want showing when I navigate to a separate page? For example, I have created the 'Members' tab and one of the subnav items is 'Competitive Rosters - Dota 2' -- if I click that page, the subnav links change to show the Forum subnav (e.g. New Posts, Calendar, Community, Private Messages). See www.parallaxgaming.com.

Running 4.1.10 -- not looking to update to newer version.

Last edited by seventhaxis; 25 Jan 2014 at 14:52.
Old 25 Jan 2014, 19:02

You can add all the tabs to the same plugin and put them in the order you want.

As for making them highlight when you click on them, that is done in the plugin (the $tabselected part - unless you have modified the CSS on your site, then it may not work).

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual