Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
T-VBhoroscopes Addon -daily updated content Details »
T-VBhoroscopes Addon -daily updated content
Mod Version: 1.00, by lebanon (Member) lebanon is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.1 Rating: (4 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 74
Released: 24 Sep 2006 Last Update: Never Downloads: 464
Not Supported  

This is a quick vb-horoscopes feature to add to your forum.
I just made this and tested it on my forum, working fine as shown demo below

Requirements:
php fopen on
ADDED : IF fopen is not ON on your webserver , download the second zip file called gethoroscopes.php and replace the one in your cron folder with this one that uses Curl instead of fopen.
Installation :
-Upload the files to their respective locations
-Install the product using the VBulletin product manager
Your done !

You can test your script directly by going to your scheduled task
and using "RUN NOW" you should see the script output and then you
can go check your page at http://urforum/dailyhoroscopes.php


License :
- Your are allowed to query our website using the cronjob once everyday
Leave on default installation and you will not be breaking any rule, or only change the HOUR and MINUTE of runtime.
- You can freely modify the template the way you wish, all you need is
to leave the $result reference where you want it for the script to function
I will also appreciate if you share us with your modified template !

- You are required to keep the copyright text in your template, however if
you prefer to remove it, you can only do that after contacting me and recieving permission to do so ( free of charge ofcourse )

DEMO
http://www.tchatting.com/forum/dailyhoroscopes.php
or choose a sign
http://www.tchatting.com/forum/daily...php?sign=aries

If you use this and wish to recieve support please click INSTALL

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions Advanced Daily Automatic Updated Horoscopes Hack v2.0.1 Hasann vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 150 17 Jan 2014 14:23
Pre-defined content for newthread/reply. (UPDATED) waza vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 55 31 Oct 2013 08:49
futureal vBProArcade and Lesane Store hack addon (updated) Dark Jim vBulletin 2.x Beta Releases 29 17 Sep 2002 10:32

  #16  
Old 24 Sep 2006, 17:21
warnmar10 warnmar10 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I had to CHMOD all the text files in forums/dailyhoroscopes before it would work... which means I hit your server three times in one day before I figured it out.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 24 Sep 2006, 18:29
COBRAws's Avatar
COBRAws COBRAws is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Real name: Jack
Spanish version?
__________________
cobraws
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 24 Sep 2006, 20:50
lebanon lebanon is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Originally Posted by warnmar10
I had to CHMOD all the text files in forums/dailyhoroscopes before it would work... which means I hit your server three times in one day before I figured it out.
Sorry i have not mentioned any chmoding , because by default webservers would accept php read/write commands owned by user to his own user directories unless further restrictions applied from your host such as in your case !
Ill add a note for that ! thank you for your note

As for translations , well , the feeds i recieve are in english, ill try to setup a translator using some service like google or bablefish maybe all i can think of now , because i dont imagine daily translation would be easy unless automatic,.
__________________
More than 3000+ Live Games Per Month And Exclusive Community Forums
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 00:06
COBRAws's Avatar
COBRAws COBRAws is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Real name: Jack
Originally Posted by lebanon
As for translations , well , the feeds i recieve are in english, ill try to setup a translator using some service like google or bablefish maybe all i can think of now , because i dont imagine daily translation would be easy unless automatic,.
So we would be fetching a feed from another feed? Is there a way so we can program this to fetch any FEED we want?

Thank you.
__________________
cobraws
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 00:12
kofoid kofoid is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
And the most famous question.... will this run on 3.5.4?
__________________
Laura
The Oasis
A community with a harmonious attitude
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 03:46
bada_bing's Avatar
bada_bing bada_bing is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Do you happen to know how to make this work on vbadvance?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 04:17
TheBlackPoet's Avatar
TheBlackPoet TheBlackPoet is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Real name: Malik Ali Shabbazz
you took me to another level with this buddy... i installed it.. ran the cron..and whoa!! so big ups to ya!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 05:00
ang2el ang2el is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Do we have to update about daily horoscopes?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 13:18
zooki zooki is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
cool.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 13:38
oberheimhaven's Avatar
oberheimhaven oberheimhaven is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Real name: Mark Anthony
Help

Fopen? Not sure about this install nothing happened any suggestions I know rookie<<
thxs
MarkAnthony
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 16:30
bada_bing's Avatar
bada_bing bada_bing is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Ive installed this but I dont see the cron job entry in my Scheduled Task manager.

Also is there a vbadvance module for this?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 20:56
oberheimhaven's Avatar
oberheimhaven oberheimhaven is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Real name: Mark Anthony
Stupid<< right here great hack I got it Im sorry gang brain fart

Ok I click my sign however nothing is there to read next> any suggestions??? plz back to the drawing board
Mark

Last edited by oberheimhaven; 27 Sep 2006 at 21:36.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 21:28
lebanon lebanon is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Originally Posted by COBRAws
So we would be fetching a feed from another feed? Is there a way so we can program this to fetch any FEED we want?

Thank you.
Well , yes ur fetching a feed from my feeds , now depending on the nature of the feeds and that its only 1 time per day its not a problem for me or my server . Yet , if you want to fetch ur own feed, ill be glad to explain it and set the feed directly on your feed when u prvt msg me with the feed u want to adjust the horoscopes to , it wont take more than 10-20 minutes to set it for a different source .

- ang2el : no the cron will auto update the horoscopes for you daily, thats what is it for .

- kofoid : it should run without a problem, the template and custom page coding are almost the same since there are no advanced requests so i havent tested it but am positive it should work fine.

- bada_bing : The cron is called cron_horoscopes it runs daily 1 time.

as for vbadvanced i havent implemented this to it , but i suppose it would be fine to do so with minimal work , we have the source and we have the signs each in a seperate txt , so what are you suggesting exactly ? Random Sign ? or links to signs or ...?
oberheimhaven : you have to link it anywhere you link to , the file to link to is www.yourforum.tld/dailyhoroscopes.php

hope i didnt miss any question ... regards
__________________
More than 3000+ Live Games Per Month And Exclusive Community Forums
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 21:46
oberheimhaven's Avatar
oberheimhaven oberheimhaven is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Real name: Mark Anthony
??? Help

Originally Posted by lebanon
Well , yes ur fetching a feed from my feeds , now depending on the nature of the feeds and that its only 1 time per day its not a problem for me or my server . Yet , if you want to fetch ur own feed, ill be glad to explain it and set the feed directly on your feed when u prvt msg me with the feed u want to adjust the horoscopes to , it wont take more than 10-20 minutes to set it for a different source .

- ang2el : no the cron will auto update the horoscopes for you daily, thats what is it for .

- kofoid : it should run without a problem, the template and custom page coding are almost the same since there are no advanced requests so i havent tested it but am positive it should work fine.

- bada_bing : The cron is called cron_horoscopes it runs daily 1 time.

as for vbadvanced i havent implemented this to it , but i suppose it would be fine to do so with minimal work , we have the source and we have the signs each in a seperate txt , so what are you suggesting exactly ? Random Sign ? or links to signs or ...?
oberheimhaven : you have to link it anywhere you link to , the file to link to is www.yourforum.tld/dailyhoroscopes.php

hope i didnt miss any question ... regards

I done install note for note I click to read nothing to read?? Any Plz suggestions???
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 27 Sep 2006, 22:10
lebanon lebanon is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
if the cron have not been ran yet, you might want to run it manually the first time, go to scheduled tasts and on cron_horoscope click run now.
also if there is an error it will show when u run the cron.
After that you wont need to do it.
__________________
More than 3000+ Live Games Per Month And Exclusive Community Forums
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 22:02.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: