Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27 Jul 2014, 18:59

AJAX and how it is used

I have been working on a mod for about a month now, I won't disclose the details as of now.
Anyway, the only issue I am having is load content after click a link. I don't even know where to start with how vbulletin and ajax are working.

Could someone just give me a quick lesson on how it is used in the php files, and how it is called in the templates. Help is greatly appreciated.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 19:47

Well, I'm not an expert on the subject so hopefully someone else will give a more complete answer, but the short answer is that you could look at ajax.php to see the server side stuff. In fact, you could put your response code in a plugin using hook ajax_start. On the browser side, it's handled in the .js files that are in the clientscript directory, so the templates just include a js file. I didn't follow all the code but it looks like the heart of it is a call to YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest().

Last edited by kh99; 27 Jul 2014 at 19:55.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 15:00

Okay. I have started looking in the js files

--------------- Added 28 Jul 2014 at 17:12 ---------------

I still don't see how it's being used within the templates....I'm really lost.

--------------- Added 28 Jul 2014 at 17:52 ---------------

Okay. I got it. Seems I didn't need to use that after all. I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I decided to just use this. I am using this to show templates without leaving from the page.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I am posting this example code...so hopefully it will be useful for someone else to work off. It's not mine, but I found this by searching google.