Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01 Aug 2004, 12:48
X-Fan's Avatar
X-Fan X-Fan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Eric
vB2 hacks for vB3?

There were some hacks for vB2 that I found incredibly useful for my forums, and I was wondering if they have been converted for vB3? If not, would someone be interested in converting them?

Hacks such as:

Change style of first post hack (first_post.txt)
Sponsor hack (sponsors.txt)
Move posts from one thread to another (move_posts.txt)
Merge threads (spinner.txt)
Quick delete post (quickdeletepost_v11.txt)
vB Sig Editor (vb_sig_editor.txt)
Search/Sort/Order in thread view (adds_in_thread_hack_120.zip)
Options Advisor (options_advisor.zip)
Load Limit Bypass for Admins, Mods, Super (server_load_bypass.txt)
phpMyChat integration Hack (phpmychat_integrate.txt)
vB Links Directory v2.0 (vblinkdir2012.zip)
__________________
Eric J. Moreels
ComiX-Fan Editor/Webmaster
Researcher, Marvel Encyclopedia Vol 2: X-Men
e-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/
AIM: XFan2k

My Hacks:
Store Redemption Hack v1.1
QuickStats Hack v1.1
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01 Aug 2004, 13:06
MindTrix's Avatar
MindTrix MindTrix is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Real name: Liam Hawkins
Your best bet is to actually look in the vB3 release section or use the search function. Also people cannot convert the hacks without the original authors concent
__________________
Hacks Made :
Store 3.0 Color Name Add On.
Last 5 Attachments On Forum Home
Rap Battle System -=RBS=-

Tutorials Made :
The Basics Of PHP For Beginners and The Basics Of PHP [Part 2]

Running away from that Thousand Post Mark
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01 Aug 2004, 15:44
AN-net's Avatar
AN-net AN-net is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Originally Posted by X-Fan
There were some hacks for vB2 that I found incredibly useful for my forums, and I was wondering if they have been converted for vB3? If not, would someone be interested in converting them?

Hacks such as:

Change style of first post hack (first_post.txt)
Sponsor hack (sponsors.txt)
Move posts from one thread to another (move_posts.txt)
Merge threads (spinner.txt)
Quick delete post (quickdeletepost_v11.txt)
vB Sig Editor (vb_sig_editor.txt)
Search/Sort/Order in thread view (adds_in_thread_hack_120.zip)
Options Advisor (options_advisor.zip)
Load Limit Bypass for Admins, Mods, Super (server_load_bypass.txt)
phpMyChat integration Hack (phpmychat_integrate.txt)
vB Links Directory v2.0 (vblinkdir2012.zip)
many of these have been done, some are part of the standard vb package, and others were not officially released but you can find them by searching, while others still have not be converted.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01 Aug 2004, 16:14
Xenon's Avatar
Xenon Xenon is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Real name: Stefan Kaeser
especially the first one is doable via template conditionals now
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 09:27
X-Fan's Avatar
X-Fan X-Fan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Eric
Arrow

Originally Posted by Xenon
especially the first one is doable via template conditionals now
I guessed it might be, but at the moment I'm clueless as to how to do it! Any chance someone could please help me with the code to use to allow an alternate postbit template to be used for the first post of a given group of forums?
__________________
Eric J. Moreels
ComiX-Fan Editor/Webmaster
Researcher, Marvel Encyclopedia Vol 2: X-Men
e-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/
AIM: XFan2k

My Hacks:
Store Redemption Hack v1.1
QuickStats Hack v1.1
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 09:53
Zachery's Avatar
Zachery Zachery is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Zachery Woods
Originally Posted by X-Fan
I guessed it might be, but at the moment I'm clueless as to how to do it! Any chance someone could please help me with the code to use to allow an alternate postbit template to be used for the first post of a given group of forums?
<if condition="$post[postcount] == 1">

Differnt postbit style for the first post here

<else />

All other posts

</if>
__________________
Looking for ImpEx?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 10:10
X-Fan's Avatar
X-Fan X-Fan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Eric
Arrow

Originally Posted by Zachery
<if condition="$post[postcount] == 1">

Differnt postbit style for the first post here

<else />

All other posts

</if>
Cool, thanks!

And if I wanted to add a conditional of it being first post and in a specified group of forums, how would that be coded? I've managed to get it showing in one forum, but I need it showing in multiple.

Also, I added the above code to postbit and it didn't work, so I added it to postbit_legacy and it did. Can someone explain the difference between the postbit and postbit_legacy templates, please?
__________________
Eric J. Moreels
ComiX-Fan Editor/Webmaster
Researcher, Marvel Encyclopedia Vol 2: X-Men
e-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/
AIM: XFan2k

My Hacks:
Store Redemption Hack v1.1
QuickStats Hack v1.1

Last edited by X-Fan; 02 Aug 2004 at 10:38.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 10:29
sabret00the's Avatar
sabret00the sabret00the is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Real name: sabe
<if condition="$post[postcount] == 1" AND ismemberof(usergroupid,usergroupid)>
__________________
UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Confessionary Hack

Make me a Hack of The Month author: GRPS: Groups Commune
make my hacks, they'll make you famous

unless it's a security concern, please do not pm/im me for support unless you're willing to pay.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 10:39
X-Fan's Avatar
X-Fan X-Fan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Eric
Arrow

Originally Posted by sabret00the
<if condition="$post[postcount] == 1" AND ismemberof(usergroupid,usergroupid)>
Not usergroups, forums, thanks
__________________
Eric J. Moreels
ComiX-Fan Editor/Webmaster
Researcher, Marvel Encyclopedia Vol 2: X-Men
e-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/
AIM: XFan2k

My Hacks:
Store Redemption Hack v1.1
QuickStats Hack v1.1
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 11:35
Zachery's Avatar
Zachery Zachery is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Zachery Woods
Originally Posted by X-Fan
Cool, thanks!

And if I wanted to add a conditional of it being first post and in a specified group of forums, how would that be coded? I've managed to get it showing in one forum, but I need it showing in multiple.

Also, I added the above code to postbit and it didn't work, so I added it to postbit_legacy and it did. Can someone explain the difference between the postbit and postbit_legacy templates, please?
er Sabre thats a bit off as well the function is is_member_of($var, MEMBERGROUPID/USERGROUPID)

and that would cause an error because of the miss placed "

getting back to it

<if condition="$post[postcount] == 1 AND in_array($foruminfo[forumid], array(X,Y,Z)">

The postbit template, is how vBulletin.com's showthread looks (info on top and post below) postbit_legacy is vBulletin.org's / vBulletins 2's look, Userinfo on the left, post on the right.
__________________
Looking for ImpEx?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 11:47
X-Fan's Avatar
X-Fan X-Fan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Eric
Okay, this is what I've got:

<if condition="$post[postcount] == 1 AND in_array($foruminfo[forumid], array(2,3,165,197,337,338,339,340,341,342,343,344,345,346,352,353,354,358,369))" >

and it's not working Any idea why not?

Thanks for the help, guys, and for clarifying about the whole postbit/legacy thing!
__________________
Eric J. Moreels
ComiX-Fan Editor/Webmaster
Researcher, Marvel Encyclopedia Vol 2: X-Men
e-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/
AIM: XFan2k

My Hacks:
Store Redemption Hack v1.1
QuickStats Hack v1.1
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 14:48
X-Fan's Avatar
X-Fan X-Fan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Eric
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by X-Fan
Okay, this is what I've got:

<if condition="$post[postcount] == 1 AND in_array($foruminfo[forumid], array(2,3,165,197,337,338,339,340,341,342,343,344,345,346,352,353,354,358,369))" >

and it's not working Any idea why not?
Not to worry, I managed to work it out myself. Had to use $forum[forumid] instead of $foruminfo[forumid].

Thanks again for all the help!
__________________
Eric J. Moreels
ComiX-Fan Editor/Webmaster
Researcher, Marvel Encyclopedia Vol 2: X-Men
e-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/
AIM: XFan2k

My Hacks:
Store Redemption Hack v1.1
QuickStats Hack v1.1
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02 Aug 2004, 20:08
Zachery's Avatar
Zachery Zachery is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Real name: Zachery Woods
Originally Posted by X-Fan
Not to worry, I managed to work it out myself. Had to use $forum[forumid] instead of $foruminfo[forumid].

Thanks again for all the help!
I knew it was one of thoughs ;D
__________________
Looking for ImpEx?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:28.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: