Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02 Apr 2014, 09:35

Is there a good calendar mod for vB5

vB3 and vB4 had an events calendar that users could post to and which would allow you to pull up upcoming events below your forum. There isn't one in vB5 and presently there doesn't seem to be any plan for one.

Is there a good events/calendar addon for vB5?
Old 02 Apr 2014, 10:58

Unfortunately there is no calendar function at this time in vB5, stock or addon.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 02 Apr 2014, 14:40

If you need one quick, perhaps try this for now...
how-to-add-a-google-calendar-to-vb5
Old 26 Feb 2016, 21:30

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm appalled there hasn't been either a mod or an update to vb5 to add calendar or event handling abilities.

Is there a timeline for such a feature or is development for vb5 dead all together? It's really making me second guess my decision to back vBulletin.

Thoughts? Suggestions? (Also, an embedded google calendar is NOT a suggestion)
Old 27 Feb 2016, 03:22

Originally Posted by venturewise View Post
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm appalled there hasn't been either a mod or an update to vb5 to add calendar or event handling abilities.
Welcome to vb5

Email me for website help: brandon[at]sheley[dot]org
Old 27 Feb 2016, 10:55

Is there a timeline for such a feature or is development for vb5 dead all together? It's really making me second guess my decision to back vBulletin.

There is no timeline. Very few VB3/VB4 forums had use for calendars and you shouldn't expect it to be added to VB5.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 11:37

Hire someone to code one for you, that's about the only choice.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 14:24

I developed a calendar for my vb5 site. Had it up and running for 3 months and not a single person besides me used it. I scrapped the rest of my planned development since nobody was interested. I bought a PHP calendar class license and developed off of that. It wasn't difficult to do and the code integration took about 12 hours to write and debug. After it was up and running, adding features was pretty simple.
Attached Images
File Type: png calendar-widget1.png (113.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png sideblock-mini-view.png (28.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg event-listview.jpg (29.0 KB, 22 views)
Old 14 Mar 2016, 02:30

I just dicovered that vb5 does have some event api and still has the event table. I haven't played with it yet, but I'm thinking about resurrecting my calendar mod.
Old 04 Apr 2016, 18:30

I'd be very interested in this if you complete it and release it. We post woodworking events to our calendar in VB4 today.

Is the PHP calendar class code you purchased redistributable or would I need to purchase that to make the potential product you develop work?
Old 04 Apr 2016, 19:58

I have a single user license on the calendar class. You would need to purchase your own license from the developer. There is a developer license available that I could distribute, however I would need to sell the calendar product to pay for the developer licensing fees. I'm not sure it's a product I'd be able to sell enough copies to pay the fees and justify the ongoing product support and maintenance.

EDIT: I checked on the availability of the calendar class and it has been set to "End of Life" by the developer. I entered negotiations with him today to buy the rights to the code base, however the price was a little too steep. With the newest rendition of vb5 being php7 compatible, I figure the best course of action will be to write from scratch a php7 calendar class for the plugin. It will probably be easier considering the old class built the complete calendar html, contained it's own css and loaded it's own higher than vb version of jquery. It was challenging getting it working correctly. With a class from scratch, I can do it vb5 style keeping the php spitting out info to the templates and have the templates build the calendar.

Last edited by Replicant; 05 Apr 2016 at 02:21.
Old 02 Jul 2016, 23:30

Originally Posted by Replicant View Post
I have a single user license on the calendar class. You would need to purchase your own license from the developer. There is a developer license available that I could distribute, however I would need to sell the calendar product to pay for the developer licensing fees. I'm not sure it's a product I'd be able to sell enough copies to pay the fees and justify the ongoing product support and maintenance.

EDIT: I checked on the availability of the calendar class and it has been set to "End of Life" by the developer. I entered negotiations with him today to buy the rights to the code base, however the price was a little too steep. With the newest rendition of vb5 being php7 compatible, I figure the best course of action will be to write from scratch a php7 calendar class for the plugin. It will probably be easier considering the old class built the complete calendar html, contained it's own css and loaded it's own higher than vb version of jquery. It was challenging getting it working correctly. With a class from scratch, I can do it vb5 style keeping the php spitting out info to the templates and have the templates build the calendar.
Replicant, is this something you're still developing? I'd be interested in learning more about the functionality you plan to include and purchase a license from you.
Old 03 Jul 2016, 05:04

I pretty much just tossed the whole project aside. Maybe later this year if I do decide to resurrect it. I really don't have the time to develop it right now. I have a lot going on and coding is the last thing on my mind.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 02:24

No calendar s a big bummer

I have a racing forum and the calendar was heavily used.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 18:05

If a calendar is a priority, dont move to vB5, its unlikely to ever get one.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.