Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11 Sep 2008, 17:47
jamesta1221 jamesta1221 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
is there such thing as music online for vbulletin

is there such thing as music online for vbulletin

like

where member can link url from all kinda site like megavideo, youtube , google, dailymotion for vbulletin

please help
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13 Sep 2008, 17:53
vBsquad vBsquad is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Try this, works great for us:
AME - The Automatic Media Embeder
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150863
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:43
jamesta1221 jamesta1221 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Originally Posted by vBsquad View Post
Try this, works great for us:
AME - The Automatic Media Embeder
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=150863
thanks vBsquad, but this is just an embeder . what i am really looking for is some plug- in music/video portal where in admincp you can create category/ subcategory with pictures allow and in the main music/video portal members can add music or suggested music like music/video title, URL link and lyric.

example site : www.tialia.com/video.php

i think this site using vbulletin plug-in but i'm not sure which plug in ,please helpppp

thank you very much
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14 Sep 2008, 15:50
Jacob B's Avatar
Jacob B Jacob B is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
vBTube (Lite)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14 Sep 2008, 17:18
jamesta1221 jamesta1221 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Originally Posted by Jacob B View Post
vBtube lite is copy youtube database and you cant add video at all
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15 Sep 2008, 03:45
Jacob B's Avatar
Jacob B Jacob B is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
You can with vBTube Pro.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15 Sep 2008, 18:05
jamesta1221 jamesta1221 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Originally Posted by Jacob B View Post
You can with vBTube Pro.
vBtube pro is nice, but they dont allow megavideo.com and most of my video are from megavideo.com ..

thank you for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15 Sep 2008, 18:34
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by jamesta1221 View Post
thanks vBsquad, but this is just an embeder . what i am really looking for is some plug- in music/video portal where in admincp you can create category/ subcategory with pictures allow and in the main music/video portal members can add music or suggested music like music/video title, URL link and lyric.

example site : www.tialia.com/video.php

i think this site using vbulletin plug-in but i'm not sure which plug in ,please helpppp

thank you very much
You could essentially achieve that same effect using AME's forums restrictions and vBadvanced. You could also use a "first post" plugin or mod to further customize it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 16 Sep 2008, 14:28
jamesta1221 jamesta1221 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
You could essentially achieve that same effect using AME's forums restrictions and vBadvanced. You could also use a "first post" plugin or mod to further customize it.
i'm sorry how is the AME's forums restrictions work? what is it mean, i'm kinda slow on this, thank if you could explain a little more...

thank you
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16 Sep 2008, 16:43
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
I mean AME has some check boxes that allow you to restrict which forums videos will embed in. You can create some new forums for videos only and use vBadvanced to show the listing from those forums on the side.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 16 Sep 2008, 19:06
jamesta1221 jamesta1221 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
I mean AME has some check boxes that allow you to restrict which forums videos will embed in. You can create some new forums for videos only and use vBadvanced to show the listing from those forums on the side.
if i am understand it correctly you're telling me to create new FORUM and make it look like music style? but if i do that, i would like to customize the way it came out to be but i afraid it will change the style for other FORUM. Sorry if i missed unstanding you.

BTW what is AME means? is it Account Management E????

thank you very much,
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16 Sep 2008, 20:01
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
AME stands for Auto Media Embeddding. It's the media embedder you where linked to in the earlier post.

Two points I should make.

vBulletin will let you force a different style for a specific forum in the Admin CP.

This plugin Lynn showed me allows me to change the first post for specfiied forums. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177709


You can see how I used both to create my video pages for Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Abridged Series.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 16 Sep 2008, 20:17
jamesta1221 jamesta1221 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
AME stands for Auto Media Embeddding. It's the media embedder you where linked to in the earlier post.

Two points I should make.

vBulletin will let you force a different style for a specific forum in the Admin CP.

This plugin Lynn showed me allows me to change the first post for specfiied forums. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177709


You can see how I used both to create my video pages for Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Abridged Series.
HEHEH, i'm slow, i just got vbulletin like 4 days ago so i'm still new to this, and tried to ask vbulletin.com but they said something about 3rd party so they cant help at all. glad you came...

awesome post, is it how vbulletin.org had, i can see the tab forum, style, mod and articles are in differnt wayt of posting and came out different style?

thank you so much for the information.

one more question, is there another way you can add extra posting field, example when you try to post a message we have Title , Desciption and MEssage
what if i want to add somthing like Title, Description, Lyrics, Title 1, title 2 and message? is it posisible?

or Title, description, message1 message 2 message 3.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 16 Sep 2008, 20:25
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
There is an mod called the Form Hack which will let you use all kinds of fields to post information to a new thread or to a post in a thread, but I haven't used it in tandem with AME yet. Theoretically, it should work. But I haven't had a chance to test it. Do a Titles Only search for Form Hack and you should able to find it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 16 Sep 2008, 20:37
jamesta1221 jamesta1221 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
There is an mod called the Form Hack which will let you use all kinds of fields to post information to a new thread or to a post in a thread, but I haven't used it in tandem with AME yet. Theoretically, it should work. But I haven't had a chance to test it. Do a Titles Only search for Form Hack and you should able to find it.
i have found the Form Hack and i'll try it, how did you make your music page in differnt format? is it edit from the postit_legacy or normal, or article right?

is there a mod that you can share 2 forum as 1 database.

is it better to install 2 forum 1 database or 1 forum and create extrar FORUM and change the style of it?

like you know regular forum using Title Description and MEssage

but i want the music page look like

Title
Singer name
Lyrics
Music Link


hope you get my point thank you very much for your time.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 00:18.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: