Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 26 Jan 2005, 22:38
nexialys

different thumbnails viewer...

Hi... i know you have an hardcoded way to display the thumbnails with images, but i'd like to suggest this one: http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

it makes the thumbnails looks better on your gallery of images... (my opinion...) because i hate to be forced to resize the windows when i view an image!
Comments
Old 26 Jan 2005, 22:46

That is pretty darn slick. I'm gonna take a look at it. We are not talking a very big mod here, it's just a few template edits.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 22:52
nexialys

it's basically adding a few lines of css, a java call for each thumbnail, and placing the .js file itself in the clientscript dir..

i use this kind of scripts about anywhere...
Old 27 Jan 2005, 00:22

It works well. I installed in on my computer site. I'm not 100% happy with where the images popup yet, but I'm working on it.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 00:48

doesn't that method mean that the images load as soon as you open the page thus slowing down the page rather than waiting before you want to open the image before cacheing it?

Make me a Hack of The Month author: GRPS: Groups Commune
make my hacks, they'll make you famous

unless it's a security concern, please do not pm/im me for support unless you're willing to pay.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 01:11

It say's...

This cool DHTML script allows you to show images inline on the page, with the images downloaded only when called.
It seems to be working well now too.

Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Attachment Viewer Chen vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 108 26 May 2007 02:25
Apache Log Viewer Trigunflame vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 15 09 Feb 2005 17:36