Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Easy Forms - Create a form or multiple forms without php or html knowledge Details »
Easy Forms - Create a form or multiple forms without php or html knowledge
Developer Last Online: Sep 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (119 votes - 4.92 average) Installs: 975
Released: 08 Jan 2009 Last Update: 12 Jul 2009 Downloads: 6659
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Translations  

EASY FORMS FOR vB 4.x here

Easily create forms with no HTML or PHP knowledge. Questions can be made compulsory and are checked before the form is submitted. Forms can be previewed. (You can create multiple forms)

Backwards compatible with vb v3.7.x and 3.6.8

Example Form | Help File | Version History

Question Types:
  • Single line text
  • Multi-line text
  • Multi-select checkboxes
  • Single-select radio buttons
  • Single Select Dropdown
  • Yes/No
  • Multi-line text field using vbeditor (max one per form - limited by vB)
  • Human verification question
  • Custom Question (can query database or do whatever you want)
  • Date (month/ day/ year fields)
Form can Submit to:
  • new thread in forum
  • new post in thread
  • new pm to user
  • email address
  • save to database
Installation:More Features:
  • Form list categories (optional)
  • Preview form (can disable for individual forms)
  • Optional questions
  • Form Sections
  • Prefix support - you can choose which prefix you want thread to have
  • Different thread/pm title to form title with variables {username} {userid} and {q_1} (replacing 1 with appropriate question number)
  • Poll Options: Multiple choice, public vote, poll question, poll options, poll timeout
  • Regular expression match for single line text input field
  • Usergroup permissions per form
  • Forumid/threadid/username can be specified by input via {value=X} in dropdown, single line input or radio buttons
  • Multiple dropdown select for form usergroup permissions (still optional - leave blank to not use)
  • Option to show link to form list in navbar and quick links (separate options)
  • Import/ Export your forms as XML files - great for transferring forms across forums or creating backups
  • Specify bbcode for questions/ answers/ sections for the form's output
  • Form Hooks: (uses php code)
    1. Before form submitted
      Useful for: your own form validation, multiple form outputs, etc.
    2. At form start
      Useful for: banning userids/usergroups from form, setting minimum post count,etc.
  • Attachments allowed for posting new thread
  • Mass Copy Forms & their questions
Coming soon:
  • Allow attachments for posting in thread
Translations:

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	8461
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	92034   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	6121
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	92035   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	6194
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	92036   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	5724
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	92038  

Click image for larger version

Name:	edit1.jpg
Views:	4820
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	94628   Click image for larger version

Name:	edit2.jpg
Views:	4437
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	94629   Click image for larger version

Name:	edit3.jpg
Views:	5604
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	94630   Click image for larger version

Name:	form_results_table.jpg
Views:	6950
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	98407  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features Easy Forms (Old Thread) bananalive vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 135 05 Oct 2014 19:30
Add-On Releases Forms Pack *** Forms Hack add-on Deepdog009 vBulletin 3.6 Template Modifications 2 27 Jul 2007 00:52
Forms Pack + (4) *** Forms Hack add-on Deepdog009 vBulletin 3.5 Template Modifications 1 08 May 2007 23:12

Old 27 May 2013, 17:23

How can I make it that all users can see a form? I had this on a previous forum worked great but now it only allows the usergroup I choose to see the form.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 13:28

Regular Expression in Custom Question

This is a very powerful add on. Very cool. Thanks to the developpers.

Can anybody tell me how to add a Regular Expression to a Custom Question?

My question looks like this right now:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I want to add the following Regular Expression:

/[W][P]0[A-Z]{2}[0-9][A-Z0-9]{4}[A-Z][0-9]{6}/

I'm asking for a VIN and trying to make sure it's entered correctly.
Old 01 Oct 2013, 03:15

I am stoked to have finally figured out this modification some. I am not the best when it comes to coding and/or PHP. With that said, some questions:

1. Can this modification work with the new threads created by members? Auto-Capitalize First Letter of Each Word In Thread Title

2. How can I add topic tags to new threads created with the easy forms? Is there a way to code that in?

3. Does anyone have a copy of the original help file? I spent all weekend scouring for a copy and came up with nothing.
Old 04 Oct 2013, 22:48

Here you go:

Macroses
What are macroses?
Macroses are variables used in easy forms for replacement with their value.
What macroses are there?
  • {username} username of the user submitting the form
  • {userid} userid of the user submitting the form
  • {formtitle} form title of the form being submitted
  • {threadtitle} thread/pm/email title of the form being submitted (if it is blank it be the same as the form title)
  • {q_*} replace the question id with the *, for example to show question 1's output you would use {q_1}
  • {qn_*} replace the question id with the *, for example to show question 1's question text you would use {qn_1}
Editing Form
Are all fields compulsory?
No, only the questions proceeded by a * are compulsory.
What does each field do?
  • Title: This is the title at the top of the page when viewing the form. BB code allowed.
  • Description: (optional) This is displayed at the top of the form. It can be used to explain the form's purpose, give guidance, etc... BB code allowed.
  • Display Order: This controls the order the form is displayed in the form list. The higher the number (in comparison to other forms) the lower down the form list the form will be displayed.
  • Usergroups: (optional) This controls the usergroups allowed to view the form - this does not override permissions to view forms. Blank is all usergroups allowed.
  • Form Submit Message: (optional) This is the message display once the form has been submitted succesfully. If blank default will be used. This is also the redirect message (if checked)
  • Thread/ PM/ Email Title: (optional) This allowed you to use a different title for the thread/ pm/ email being created than the form title. If left blank then the Thread/ PM title will be the same as the form title. You can use the following macroses in the title: {username}, {userid} and {q_*}.
  • Category: (optional) All forms with the eaxct same category name will be grouped together in the form list under that name.
  • Allow attachments: (optional) Only avaliable for form creating new thread. Checked/ticked = yes, blank = no. Follows user's attachment rules.
  • Post a Poll: (optional) Creates a poll with the thread.
  • Allow multiple choice: (optional) Allows users to select more than one option when voting. Checked/ticked = yes, blank = no.
  • Make votes public: (optional) Usernames will be shown next to each poll option. Checked/ticked = yes, blank = no.
  • Poll Question: (optional) The question above the poll. If left blank the thread title will be used.
  • Poll Options: These are the choices in the poll. Separate each option with a new-line (carriage return).
  • Custom Form Output: (optional) You can create your own layout to the thread/ pm/ post/ email the form created. Allowed: BB code, $q[1] (replace 1 with the correct question #), $qn[1], $threadtitle, $form[title], {username}, $thisuser[username] (replace username with any user field). Leave blank to use default layout.
  • Question BBcode: (optional) Customise how the form's questions look in the thread/ pm/ post created by the form. Opening BB code in the box on the left and closing BB code in the box on the right.
  • Answer BBcode: (optional) Customise how the form's answers look in the thread/ pm/ post created by the form. Opening BB code in the box on the left and closing BB code in the box on the right.
  • Section BBcode: (optional) Customise how the form's sections look in the post created by the form. Opening BB code in the box on the left and closing BB code in the box on the right.
  • Form BBcode: (optional) The code in the left box goes after the form title and the code in the box on the right goes at the end of the post.
  • Form Hook: (optional) This
How can I... ?

These are solutions to commonly asked questions.
How can I change the navbar/ quick links "forms" to another name?
Find and replace '$vbphrase[forms]' in plugin 'Easy Forms AutoInsert Links' with your alternative text
How can I add a new line at the end of a question?
You can use \r\n in the question bbcode for a new line. This is the same for section bbcode, answer and form bbcode.
Will upgrading loss all of my forms?
No, but if you are worried export them as a backup to your computer.
Can I have more than one question with vb message editor?
No, vbulletin code prevents you.
The rest can be found here: http://web.archive.org/web/200905012...read.php?t=119
Old 06 Oct 2013, 16:52

Thank you for that great post Alfa1! That helped big time!

So some questions:

We use this modification on our site: Auto-Capitalize First Letter of Each Word In Thread Title

So it seems to get it to work you need to add something to the form's
"Form Hook: Before Submit:" field. Right now I have this in there:

so people can send the form in the right forum. What would I add to have the modification work?

Now, on our site we use a custom tag modification that lists some preset tags to insert. We use this modification: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=159646. We now use the template edit in the new thread template, replacing the default tag form. How can I A) include the tags in a new form and B) have different tags for different forms?

Also, just a thought....but can a moderator or the mod author add the FAQ to the first post, so people don't have to search 110 pages before they find this major piece of information?

Last edited by SBlueman; 06 Oct 2013 at 20:34.
Old 12 Oct 2013, 00:25

This is the code for the Auto-Caps. Is this as simple as pasting that line of code to the
Form Hook: Before Submit: field? And if so, what would the correct setup be to work with this existing code:

Old 05 Nov 2013, 02:01

Is there a way to block more than 1 vote attempt per IP? Ive got people voting multiple times just by registering new accounts.
Old 18 Feb 2014, 16:04

For those that are still using this on their 3.8 board and are using VB image Hosting
, were you able to add the code to the form editor, if so, would you mind sharing the "how to" with me?

EDIT: I can get the code to show in editor below smilie box as per instructions but it will not post image info in message area.
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade

Last edited by blind-eddie; 18 Feb 2014 at 16:55.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 19:01

Originally Posted by blind-eddie View Post
For those that are still using this on their 3.8 board and are using VB image Hosting
, were you able to add the code to the form editor, if so, would you mind sharing the "how to" with me?

EDIT: I can get the code to show in editor below smilie box as per instructions but it will not post image info in message area.
I experienced the same thing, would upload fine but not post, even hired a coder to try and get it to work but with no luck, eventually ended up enabling attachments.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 19:08

I have a coder looking at it as we speak.... I am sure he will either share his edits here or allow me to.
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade
Old 01 Apr 2014, 06:31

Suposse this is anserw but i cant find it... How can i add a form into a vbulletin internal page?
Old 01 Oct 2014, 20:54

I would need something like this to use as an petition on my forums
Will this work on VB4?
Also if I modify this in order that user sign in for petition, will I be able to print out somehow all data in order to take this as proof for real petition?
Bunch of details as every user birthday, id number, address and such....making things visible only for me not for public and so on...

Was searching for petition hack but there is no any, only some ppl mention that this can be used as such

Please give me some ideas, or opinions

Thanks
Old 04 Oct 2014, 13:11

Originally Posted by goxy63 View Post
I would need something like this to use as an petition on my forums
Will this work on VB4?
Also if I modify this in order that user sign in for petition, will I be able to print out somehow all data in order to take this as proof for real petition?
Bunch of details as every user birthday, id number, address and such....making things visible only for me not for public and so on...

Was searching for petition hack but there is no any, only some ppl mention that this can be used as such

Please give me some ideas, or opinions

Thanks
vbulletin 4 version here - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=234385
Old 28 Oct 2014, 16:57

Hi, I've created a basic test form with one question with 3 checkboxes for answers.

It works fine with the default settings but when I try to customise the form output by using:

$q[1]
I just get the text 'array' posted in the thread, instead of the answer. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using vb 3.8.5 and the plugin version 3.6.

Thanks!
Old 28 Oct 2014, 23:09

Originally Posted by hpidriver View Post
I am using this custom question code, and it shows me the correct choices of prefixes when filling out a form.

However, when I click submit, Easy Forms does not recognize that any prefix was chosen. ie. if the custom coded prefix question is made "compulsory" it always throws the error of : "The form did not submit as the following questions are unanswered: "

Anyone have the prefix option for posting to a new thread working? on vb3.8.6
I was having this same problem on 3.8.5, it showed the dropdown menu to choose the prefix but when the thread was published no prefix had been added.

It's now working using the code as below and since I upgraded the plugin to the 3.7 beta and (in the xml file) changed all instances of TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM. (I don't know if that's related to the issue but just posting here in case it helps someone else tearing their hair out like I was!) This is the code used (as has been posted previously in this thread)

In a custom question called 'prefix':

and in the 'Form Hook: Before Submit:' section:

*where 15 is the question # for the prefix custom question

Thank you developer, awesome plugin! (I tried to get this working years ago and struggled but I guess my vb brain has evolved since then )

Last edited by Jo_RHU; 28 Oct 2014 at 23:31.