Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
AdminCP Access Details »
AdminCP Access
Mod Version: 2.1, by TheInsaneManiac (Coder/Designer) TheInsaneManiac is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (4 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 20
Released: 22 Aug 2008 Last Update: 28 Jun 2009 Downloads: 148
Supported Uses Plugins Code Changes  

A friend of mine requested this so I made it. By default the plugin is disabled, otherwise you would not be able to access the AdminCP.

If someone tries to access your AdminCP and they are not the IP, User Group, or User ID that you defined, they will automatically be forwarded to the forum home. If you wanted to you could enable the IP, User Group, and User ID at once. Enable as many of the features as you feel a need for.

Features:
  • Enable and Disable hack (Disabled by default)
  • Define MULTIPLE IPs that are allowed to access the AdminCP
  • Able to separate multiple IPs by | (No spaces between the IPs and |)
  • Define MULTIPLE User Groups that are allowed to access the AdminCP
  • Able to separate multiple User Groups by | (No spaces between the User Groups and |)
  • Define MULTIPLE User IDs that are allowed to access the AdminCP
  • Able to separate multiple User IDs by | (No spaces between the User IDs and |)
Upgrade:
You MUST uninstall the old product after that just follow the directions of the New Installation.

File Edits:
In admincp/index.php find:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Add after:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

New Installation:
1.) Perform the file edits

2.) Go to AdminCP-> Plugins & Products-> Manage Products-> Import the product-admincpaccess.

3.) Go to AdminCP-> VBulletin Options-> VBulletin Options-> AdminCP Access.

4.) Under AdminCP Allowed IPs put your IP and then enable the hack and save. For multiple IPs just follow this example:
1.1.1.1|2.2.2.2|3.3.3.3|

Optional:
1.) Under AdminCP Allowed User Groups put the User Groups you wish to allow access and then enable the hack and save. For multiple User Groups just follow this example:
6|7

2.) Under AdminCP Allowed User IDs put the User IDs you wish to allow access and then enable the hack and save. For multiple User IDs just follow this example:
1|2|3

Screenshots:
Of what? If you are not the defined IP, User Group, or User ID you will be redirected to the forum home.

*If you locked yourself out just reupload your original admincp/index.php file to you admincp root. Go into your AdminCP-> VBulletin Options-> VBulletin Options-> AdminCP Access and fix what ever caused you to get locked out. Once you fix it just reupload the edited admincp/index.php file.

Changelog:
1.0 - Initial release with just IP Access
2.0 - Now you can allow access to the Admin CP by IP Addresses, User Groups, and User IDs.
2.1 - Added instructions to edit the file as VBulletin Staff don't like for VBulletin files to be edited for you. Other than that nothing has changed, so if you have version 2.0 there's no need to update.

Notice: A 3.8.x version can be found HERE.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 02:11

Originally Posted by apiasto View Post
thnx man working great and i will nominate this one.i think this should be an standard in VB.and strict banning rules.good work thnx
Thanks, glad you like it.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 13:21

i checked it today with proxy and its fine.and u were right about by adding usergroup or user id options it will make it uselessfor it to do what it suppose to do.
one suggestion though, two rather if it is possible

1. if you can add an option that if someone tries to access the admin cp it will put that user into a certain usergroup of our choice like ban users or in active so the board owner can track it down with their ip.cause no one wants that user on the board.

2. an extra option to enable the supermod access only with their ip.cause after admin s.mod is the only one with alot of power.
i know its too much to ask,but it will be appreciated if u can make it happen.thnx
Old 25 Aug 2008, 15:12

i checked it today with proxy and its fine.and u were right about by adding usergroup or user id options it will make it uselessfor it to do what it suppose to do.
one suggestion though, two rather if it is possible

1. if you can add an option that if someone tries to access the admin cp it will put that user into a certain usergroup of our choice like ban users or in active so the board owner can track it down with their ip.cause no one wants that user on the board.

2. an extra option to enable the supermod access only with their ip.cause after admin s.mod is the only one with alot of power.
i know its too much to ask,but it will be appreciated if u can make it happen.thnx
1.) I could probably get someway to log the username that tries to access the admincp, but banning them seems a little harsh? Cause what if someone Instant Messages another member with a link to the AdminCP hidden inside another link. Then they are instantly banned for no reason. However if you track who has attempted to get to the AdminCP, you can do what ever action you wish.

2.) Super Mods are not suppose to access the AdminCP, theres a separate folder for moderators called ModCP.
Old 25 Aug 2008, 18:23

i think that will work if their info show .thnx man
Old 25 Aug 2008, 19:25

i think that will work if their info show .thnx man
K I am actually doing a project for someone else, so once I finish with it, I will start on the logger.
Old 26 Aug 2008, 12:31

kool no problem
Old 05 Oct 2008, 06:18

Notice that u include your licence number in the comment of the index.php of the file

thanks for this hacks. unfortunately its not working with latest version.

Last edited by hrk; 05 Oct 2008 at 06:28. Reason: not working for latest version of VB
Old 05 Oct 2008, 12:56

Attachments removed.

Please upload a modified version of your modification without including (modified) default vB files. If needed provide instrutions to modifiy the file.
Old 05 Oct 2008, 13:39

awwwwww
Old 30 Dec 2008, 22:00

Originally Posted by Marco van Herwaarden View Post
Attachments removed.

Please upload a modified version of your modification without including (modified) default vB files. If needed provide instrutions to modifiy the file.
Hmmm I knew when I did this modification I was forgetting something. Aight, when and if I have time I will fix everything. Until then, unsupported.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 22:40

I have a dynamic IP that changes everyday, so that would not work to well. Nice mod though.
Old 15 Jan 2009, 05:13

Originally Posted by Warden-B- View Post
I have a dynamic IP that changes everyday, so that would not work to well. Nice mod though.
It also goes by usergroups and ids.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 22:48

Mod supported again and updated to meet VBulletin Staff specifications.
Old 02 Jul 2009, 02:09

please can this be made compatible with version 3.8.3. this is exactly what i need for my site. i tried installing but get an error message saying the version is not compatible with 3.8.3. this is the best mod i have seen so far and really should be a part of the core vb product IMO
Old 02 Jul 2009, 03:12

oops never mind. found it