Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
DownloadsII Create New Thread Add-On [vB4] Details »
DownloadsII Create New Thread Add-On [vB4]
Mod Version: 2.0.1, by RS_Jelle (Coder) RS_Jelle is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (15 votes - 4.60 average) Installs: 147
Released: 04 Aug 2010 Last Update: 05 Aug 2010 Downloads: 914
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files Is in Beta Stage  

This is a vBulletin 4 port of CyberRangers' add-on for vB3. The upgrade steps are the same as the installation ones (just overwriting all FTP files and importing the product XML with the overwrite option on).

What does it do?
When a user uploads or updates a file via DownloadsII a thread is created or updated in the specificed forum.

DownloadsII Create New Thread Add-On, is not a stand-alone mod. It requires DownloadsII 6.0.0 or higher.
You can find it here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231427 (free)


Features
  1. Ability to global select the forum that receives the new thread and the userid of the thread creator.
  2. Ability to decide what forum receives the new thread and the thread creator based on the category of the file
  3. Option to have the thread created by the uploader or always assigned to the same user account
  4. Option to never create threads by category
  5. Usergroup permissions for being allowed to create a new thread
  6. Link added between thread in Downloads file detail (optional).
  7. Updated Downloads entry creates new post in thread alerting of an update.
  8. Database link to Downloads file entry removed if thread is deleted.
  9. If the Downloads new entry is placed in moderation, so is the thread.
  10. Option to have new threads locked.
Installation
  1. Upload the files in the upload folder into your forum directory.
  2. From the admincp, import the product file product-dl2_thread.xml
  3. From the admincp, set the options under "DownloadsII - Create Threads"
  4. Be sure to set the usergroup permissions!
  5. Done!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases DownloadsII Create New Thread Add-On CyberRanger vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 260 04 Dec 2011 06:38
Add-On Releases DownloadsII ver 5.0 vbAdvanced Add-On CyberRanger vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 159 01 Jul 2011 18:15
Add-On Releases DownloadsII Upload Rules Add-On RTMdotORG vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 15 07 Sep 2010 09:34
Add-On Releases DownloadsII PM moderation notification Add-On CyberRanger vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 53 01 Mar 2010 22:46

Comments
  #2  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 11:07
RS_Jelle's Avatar
RS_Jelle RS_Jelle is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
-Reserved-

This is a quick port of http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=130995
Nothing new, so for screenshots see the old thread.
__________________
Now released: DownloadsII 6.0.9 (for vB 4.x) and 5.1.2 (for vB 3.7.x and 3.8.x)
Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site

Last edited by RS_Jelle; 04 Aug 2010 at 11:13.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 11:24
Welshy2008's Avatar
Welshy2008 Welshy2008 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thank You RS - ** Tagged **
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 12:14
Olli2k's Avatar
Olli2k Olli2k is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
I've been waiting for something like this for a while now. Thanks for porting the mod.

I have only 1 little problem: there are no threads. Userid (correct rights for the forum, where the dl info should be posted), global data and caterogy data are setted up correctly, but nothing happen when i add a new download.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 13:00
BlackThorn BlackThorn is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanks Jelle, great job.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 13:47
iask iask is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Bug:

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread_title --> New File Added: dvdfab

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread -->
Downloads: A new file has been added by iask:

dvdfab

^^mµllmll$
<!-- END TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread -->
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread_desc -->
^^mµllmll$

Thread Discussion
<!-- END TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread_desc -->
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 14:23
RS_Jelle's Avatar
RS_Jelle RS_Jelle is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by iask View Post
Bug:

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread_title --> New File Added: dvdfab

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread -->
Downloads: A new file has been added by iask:

dvdfab

^^mµllmll$
<!-- END TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread -->
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread_desc -->
^^mµllmll$

Thread Discussion
<!-- END TEMPLATE: downloadii_create_newthread_desc -->
That's not a bug. You enabled a debugging option.
Settings -> General Settings -> Add Template Name in HTML Comments -> No
__________________
Now released: DownloadsII 6.0.9 (for vB 4.x) and 5.1.2 (for vB 3.7.x and 3.8.x)
Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 15:18
iask iask is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Originally Posted by RS_Jelle View Post
That's not a bug. You enabled a debugging option.
Settings -> General Settings -> Add Template Name in HTML Comments -> No
Solved thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04 Aug 2010, 16:16
Robbed Robbed is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Thanks RS_jelle, just in time for our VB4 upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 01:46
dr.tawy dr.tawy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Been waiting for this mod for a long time

Thanks alot guys u r the best
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 04:30
Webbstre Webbstre is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
After installing this, any updated (and possibly new) files show this warning while the screen is reloading:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/rgf2/runicgamesfansite.com/downloads.php(1675) : eval()'d code on line 18

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/rgf2/runicgamesfansite.com/downloads.php(1675) : eval()'d code on line 22
Also, the alert for updates do not appear to post.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 11:24
Webbstre Webbstre is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
First, the update posts to the threads appear to be working after all.

Next, got an MySQL error report for you. Parts of it contain the entire description for the file in the error, so first I'll give you the links to the original file and the created thread. The threads are being created successfully, and as far as I know my users are not seeing any errors other than the warnings I see before. Here is an example:

The original file: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/dow...do=file&id=471
The created thread: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/sho...ed-Valkyrie-II

The error report that showed up in my mailbox:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Oddly, this only happened for 8 of the 11 files that people have created threads for since installing it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 12:55
RS_Jelle's Avatar
RS_Jelle RS_Jelle is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Originally Posted by Olli2k View Post
I've been waiting for something like this for a while now. Thanks for porting the mod.

I have only 1 little problem: there are no threads. Userid (correct rights for the forum, where the dl info should be posted), global data and caterogy data are setted up correctly, but nothing happen when i add a new download.
Did you set the usergroup permissions correctly?

Originally Posted by Webbstre View Post
After installing this, any updated (and possibly new) files show this warning while the screen is reloading:

...

Also, the alert for updates do not appear to post.
Originally Posted by Webbstre View Post
First, the update posts to the threads appear to be working after all.

Next, got an MySQL error report for you. Parts of it contain the entire description for the file in the error, so first I'll give you the links to the original file and the created thread. The threads are being created successfully, and as far as I know my users are not seeing any errors other than the warnings I see before. Here is an example:

The original file: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/dow...do=file&id=471
The created thread: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/sho...ed-Valkyrie-II

The error report that showed up in my mailbox:

...

Oddly, this only happened for 8 of the 11 files that people have created threads for since installing it.
Not that nice. That's what you get when you port something in a rush
The database error is a potential security issue too.

I've released an update, update ASAP
__________________
Now released: DownloadsII 6.0.9 (for vB 4.x) and 5.1.2 (for vB 3.7.x and 3.8.x)
Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 13:05
Webbstre Webbstre is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thank you! I'll install it now.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05 Aug 2010, 19:14
linuxututs linuxututs is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
k, Love this Mod !

But where to set

Features

1. Ability to global select the forum that receives the new thread and the userid of the thread creator.
2. Ability to decide what forum receives the new thread and the thread creator based on the category of the file
3. Option to have the thread created by the uploader or always assigned to the same user account
4. Option to never create threads by category
There is none of these options in admincp/DownloadsII Options "or" admincp/settings/options/DownloadsII - Create Threads ?

I may be going blind or overlooking something but don't think so...

Thanks Guys,
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 00:11.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: