Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DavidsMods] vBHide Lite - Post Hide Hack! Details »
[DavidsMods] vBHide Lite - Post Hide Hack!
Developer Last Online: Jan 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.1.x Rating: (4 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 23
Released: 18 Feb 2012 Last Update: 22 Feb 2012 Downloads: 354
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

vBHide
DavidsMods is proud to present vBHide. Promote user engagement across your site with 3 new innovative BBCodes, [HIDE], [HIDE-POSTS], [HIDE-THANKS] and [SHOWTOGROUPS].

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy our mod, please consider marking it as "Installed" and/or nominating it for Mod of the Month.

Further information and priority support can be found at http://www.davidsmods.com

Features (Pro & Lite)
  • Lite
    • [HIDE] BBCode - A BBCode which requires a reply to unlock the hidden content.
    • [HIDE-REPLY] BBCode - Identical to the [HIDE] BBCode.
    • Completely Hidden Content - Hidden content cannot be viewed by looking at the source of a page.
    • Usergroup permissions for each tag.
    • Global vBulletin settings for each tag.
  • Pro
    • [HIDE-POSTS] BBCode - A BBCode which requires a user defined amount of posts to unlock the hidden content.
    • [SHOWTOGROUPS] BBCode - A BBCode which requires a certain user defined usergroup to unlock the hidden content.
    • [HIDE-THANKS] BBCode - A BBCode which requires the user to thank a post to unlock the hidden content. Requires: [DBTech] Advanced Post Thanks / Like mod or [AJAX] Post Thank You Hack.
    • Usergroup permissions for each tag.
    • Global vBulletin settings for each tag.

Copyright
Small link back to DavidsMods.com may be added to footer.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	dmods_hide.png
Views:	1381
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	136531  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases [DavidsMods] vBLive Lite - Global User Statuses and Site Stream! DavidsMods vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 179 06 Jun 2013 23:01
vB 3.5 Lite !! 0.02 BETA !! Zachery vBulletin 3.5 Styles 179 13 Jan 2010 08:45

Old 19 Feb 2012, 10:49

I love you for this. I have been paying to keep the hide hack resurrection-expanded updated and this could replace it completely. Only thing is I need an integrated thanks option. I know you used to be at [db tech]. Any way to hook this into their thanks/likes hack or maybe add your own thanks/groan option? I would be willing to pay extra for this.

Can't install just yet but will purchase and use in the future with added features. Thanks for the mod! Tagged and Nominated.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 10:52

Originally Posted by reeshe View Post
I love you for this. I have been paying to keep the hide hack resurrection-expanded updated and this could replace it completely. Only thing is I need an integrated thanks option. I know you used to be at [db tech]. Any way to hook this into their thanks/likes hack or maybe add your own thanks/groan option? I would be willing to pay extra for this.

Can't install just yet but will purchase and use in the future with added features. Thanks for the mod! Tagged and Nominated.
I've actually been considering hooking into DBTech's mod rather than build my own thanks mod. I'll have a chat with Fillip later today

- David
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:00

Originally Posted by reeshe View Post

Ok, I've just talked with Fillip and he says it is ok to integrate with his mod. I'll try squeeze a [HIDE-THANKS] tag into the next update

- David
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:07

I"m praying right now lol. Thanks for the consideration.
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:26

Updated to 1.0.1!

Changes:
- Tags should now not intermittently fail!

- David
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:30

Do we just overwrite the xml from previous version or upload all files as well ?
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:31

Originally Posted by astdirect View Post
Do we just overwrite the xml from previous version or upload all files as well ?
Just an re-import of the XML should do it

- David
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:34

Still not unlocking hidden content on reply :/
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:35

Still not unlocking hidden content on reply :/
Are you replying by quick reply? If so, you will need to refresh the page first.

- David
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:40

Tried both full rpely and quick reply, and refreshed pages, closed and re-opened pages, everything i could think of - just doesnt show up :/
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:50

Tried both full rpely and quick reply, and refreshed pages, closed and re-opened pages, everything i could think of - just doesnt show up :/
I know what was happening. Any thread that had the HIDE tag in it previous to 1.0.1 will not work correctly. I've made a new thread on your site using the tag and it worked fine Try it out!

- David
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:56

Yes mate i saw !!!

Although i just tried creating a new thread but it is showing the hide content without reply lol
Old 19 Feb 2012, 11:56

Yes mate i saw !!!

Although i just tried creating a new thread but it is showing the hide content without reply lol
It doesn't hide it to the original creator of the content as that would be redundant I had a look at your new thread and the content was hidden for me until I unlocked it.

- David
Old 19 Feb 2012, 12:03

Then it is working - superbio !!! Thanks for the support David, and would recommend this product to all. Easiest auto hide mod available..... maybe even the ONLY one which actually does what it says it will do !
Old 19 Feb 2012, 16:02

OMG.. lemme test it.
There's no good Hide mod for vB right now. All of them are out of date, not working, not supported. I really hope you'll keep this mod alive.
I'm testing in a few. Will come back with comments if nneded.
THANK YOU! (and please, keep this alive)