Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
vBGarage v3.1.1 (now with GD-Lib support!) Details »
vBGarage v3.1.1 (now with GD-Lib support!)
Mod Version: 1.00, by magnus (Member) magnus is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2012 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.0.0 Rating: (12 votes - 4.75 average) Installs: 371
Released: 09 Apr 2004 Last Update: 14 Apr 2004 Downloads: 450
Not Supported DB Changes  



vBGarage v3.1.1 (now with GD-Lib support!)

Description
This hack will allow your users to create a virtual garage where they can store photos, details, etc.. about their vehicle (this can be modified to suit forums of other interests).

Latest Uploads will be displayed on Garage List.

Forum users can now leave comments in member garages.

Admin functions are available in the AdminCP.

This version contains the ability to limit access by usergroup(s). All templates are 100% XHTML Verified!

Information
Tested and developed on vB 3.0.0 Gold.

Requires
GD 2.0+ Library

Demo
http://www.sffba.net/forum/vbgarage.php?do=list (Temporary)

This hack, as like the rest of my hacks, are FREE. However, if you enjoy this hack and feel the need to donate something for my time you can do so by clicking the icon below:


*NOTE: Those who donate are explicitly granted permission to remove the "Powered by" information from the vBGarage footer.

*NOTE: When donating, please include your forum url. Thanks!

Version History
v3 - Initial release. Let's hope I don't have alot of entries here.
v3.0.1 - Added GD-Lib Support!
v3.1.0 - Added User Comments, Latest Uploads on Garage List, AdminCP Options
v3.1.1 - Added ability for Admin to "edit" users' garages. Use ImageCopyResampled(); over ImageCopyResized(); for better thumbnail quality.

Planned Features
- Multiple entries per user.
- Possible integration with Photopost/Coppermine/etc..

If you use this, please click

* Installation script by John



UPGRADES

v3.1.0 -> v3.1.1 UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

v3.0.1 -> v3.1.0 UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

v3.0 -> v3.0.1 UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS



MODIFICATIONS/ADD-ONS

1. Add "Who's Online" Location by magnus
2. Organize Your vBGarage Templates by magnus
3. Increase Thumbnail Image Quality (v3.1.1 and older) by magnus
4. Alphabetize Garage List by magnus
5. Add "Latest Uploads" to FORUMHOME by magnus
6. EvilLS1's Timeslip Database Integration by SVTOA
7. Installer/Uninstaller by Action-N
8. vBulletin 3.0.5 Compatible Installer/Update by noppid

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbgarage3_edit.jpg
Views:	4573
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	17999   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbgarage3_view.jpg
Views:	6635
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	18000   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbgarage_list-new.jpg
Views:	3561
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	18056   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbgarage_view-new.jpg
Views:	2308
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	18057  

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbgarage_admincp.jpg
Views:	2879
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	18058  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #46  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 00:13
magnus's Avatar
magnus magnus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
dede1,

I checked out your site. One note, you might want to add a space to the end of your vbgarage_imagebits template. It will wrap the pictures, rather than having them all in a single line.

Just, literally, add a space to the end, that's it.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 00:17
dede1 dede1 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
magnus

schau times with you are please here the fig. 3 with me all 6 next to
each other next to each other sees bloed out with me which must I
change around there as with you the in addition-gotten?

http://63.246.136.220/Board/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 00:27
magnus's Avatar
magnus magnus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Originally Posted by dede1
magnus

schau times with you are please here the fig. 3 with me all 6 next to
each other next to each other sees bloed out with me which must I
change around there as with you the in addition-gotten?

http://63.246.136.220/Board/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1
Like I said above, edit your vbgarage_imagebits template, go to the end of the last line, and press the spacebar, leaving a space at the end. Then, click save. That's it!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 00:45
dede1 dede1 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 00:55
Envy-UK Envy-UK is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I've installed everything, it appeared to be fine.

However, when vbgarage.php is called (both by /vbgarage.php?do=list & vbgarage.php), I end up with a blank screen.

Anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 01:08
magnus's Avatar
magnus magnus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Originally Posted by Envy-UK
I've installed everything, it appeared to be fine.

However, when vbgarage.php is called (both by /vbgarage.php?do=list & vbgarage.php), I end up with a blank screen.

Anyone?
You're missing templates. Check your templates list, you should have the following:

vbgarage_editgarage
vbgarage_editimagebits
vbgarage_imagebits
vbgarage_listbits
vbgarage_listgarage
vbgarage_popup
vbgarage_viewgarage

If they all exist, check to make sure there is data inside.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 01:17
corsacrazy's Avatar
corsacrazy corsacrazy is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: wayne
are pics thumnailed automatically?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 02:55
magnus's Avatar
magnus magnus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Originally Posted by corsacrazy
are pics thumnailed automatically?
No, there's no "thumbnails". The pictures are simply displayed using "width=" tags. Once I figure out exactly how GD works, I'll be adding that so it will create actual thumbnails.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 07:01
RaceJunkies RaceJunkies is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Real name: RaceJunkies.com
I installed everything but I don't see any of the options of vbgarage in the UserCP...
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 08:47
gmarik's Avatar
gmarik gmarik is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: Marco
Great, are the pictures generated by thumbs?
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 09:26
Envy-UK Envy-UK is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Originally Posted by magnus
You're missing templates. Check your templates list, you should have the following:

vbgarage_editgarage
vbgarage_editimagebits
vbgarage_imagebits
vbgarage_listbits
vbgarage_listgarage
vbgarage_popup
vbgarage_viewgarage

If they all exist, check to make sure there is data inside.
The install script only appears to add these templates to the initial style ID, however, I'm using another as default.

"New templates added to styleid 1", can I change this to install to both style ID's?

Edit: Templates were added to my second style manually.

Quick question, is there any way to remove the "text" aspects from vbgarage.php?do=editgarage and vbgarage.php?do=view&id=x?

I'm looking to just have the images on the page.

Last edited by Envy-UK; 10 Apr 2004 at 09:43.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 10:55
esoin esoin is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
I got it working! thanks
However
How can i change "Make:" into "Color:" ?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 15:21
magnus's Avatar
magnus magnus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Originally Posted by MaxBoost
I installed everything but I don't see any of the options of vbgarage in the UserCP...
There are no options in the UserCP. All the options are under the "Usergroup" options.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 15:22
Ian Cunningham Ian Cunningham is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by magnus
No, there's no "thumbnails". The pictures are simply displayed using "width=" tags. Once I figure out exactly how GD works, I'll be adding that so it will create actual thumbnails.
I think VB has a function to do this automatially? It shouldn't be too hard to add (I think!), so I might have a go at it later and send you the code if I can do it
__________________
Windows 7 Forums
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10 Apr 2004, 15:30
magnus's Avatar
magnus magnus is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Originally Posted by Envy-UK
The install script only appears to add these templates to the initial style ID, however, I'm using another as default.

"New templates added to styleid 1", can I change this to install to both style ID's?

Edit: Templates were added to my second style manually.

Quick question, is there any way to remove the "text" aspects from vbgarage.php?do=editgarage and vbgarage.php?do=view&id=x?

I'm looking to just have the images on the page.
Sure. Replace the following templates with the specified data:

VBGARAGE_EDITGARAGE:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

VBGARAGE_VIEWGARAGE:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

That should do the trick.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 14:42.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: