Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 20 Jan 2006, 22:23

is this the only way to export your plugins?
Old 03 Nov 2006, 18:37

Is there a way to upload php files?

Is there a way to bundle php code within the product installation process?

It would be nice if the install was one xml file import and not an import, plus an upload.
Old 04 Nov 2006, 00:06

When you edit a product, there's a place to put install and uninstall code.
Old 01 Mar 2007, 17:23

Hi

I am in the process of converting any hacks etc., to do this, I read the manual for any info and then looked at the xml files that came with the installation and some of the product hacks that are around.
I then wrote a basic product, imoported it and then exported it to see if there were any changes in the file.
This led to more research and that is the reason that I am posting here.

This is the basic "product" xml file (without values) that I have gleaned thus far:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

No I am trying to find out if the attributes are correct and, what, if any, are the attributes, child elements for the elements in red.
There does not seem to be a gui for that data in th cp (although I may have missed it) so, if someone can shed some light, I would be grateful.
I have written a schema for the file (as it is above) as I prefer to write the product offline as an xml file and then just import it. Thiat is also the reason for the schema, it makes life easier.
Thanks for any help.

Community for Webmasters & Developers
Old 02 Mar 2007, 00:01

That data is all in AdminCP->vBulletin Options. Where you add/edit Settings groups and additional settings.

The xml format is really meant to be auto-generated for import/export and isn't intended to be edited by hand.

I find it much easier to develop mods in my development environment, then let the export generate the xml file.
Old 02 Mar 2007, 00:24

Hi Eric

Thanks for the reply!

I have already fiound some errors/differences with that xml that I had. I have just set-up a test forum (we just moved server) so I am not so leary of playing now. With debug mode operational I have found varying things that I hadn't before.

Still digging!

I find it far easier to edit/programme on my desktop and can read the xml quite readily so no real problem there, each to his/her own I suppose :

Community for Webmasters & Developers
Old 16 Oct 2007, 20:18

I've set up a very small, but useful, plugin for my 3.6.8, and now processing it to be a product. It needs an upload of a .js file into the clientscript folder, but it also needs to add a single line into the headinclude template (basically the <script src> tag for the new uploaded .js file).

Is there a way to append to an existing template in the product xml file and, if so, can anyone clarify the command(s)?

If not, does anyone know of a related hook that I can use, so that I can just add this tag content onto the headinclude template?

TIA
Old 30 Oct 2008, 15:32

Im new to this and have managed to alter the database when I load the xml file, but how can I add more information to the file, cause all I see is install and uninstall code areas. What about the hooks, do I have to make another xml file for that or can I include all in one ?

Thanks