Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 29 Sep 2005, 23:13

That's why they put the credits on all pages.

Of course it's good to credit them, but like someone already said, you have the copyright at the bottom to credit them, only administrators see it and if you're the administrator and can get into the admin panel, you bought it and know who to credit, and they already have a spot on your website, so don't have a fit over people taking it out. If you haven't taken out that spot where it says Powered by: vBulletin blah blah blah then you ARE GIVING THEM CREDIT.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 23:14

Originally Posted by pyro.699
why would you want to remove the credits? somone worked hard, and i think that they should be [word that i cant spell verry well, begins with an "a"]!
It's really up to the administrator.

Personally, I think we should have the right to remove it if we like. I mean, we did pay for the software, and I think that's supportive enough. If vBulletin was free software then I'd leave it there, but obviously it's not. Therefore, I think it's perfectly ok to remove it.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 23:27

Again... what does it matter? The Administrator will be the only person to see/miss it!

Please feel free to re-use any of the code in any of my projects submitted to vB.org, so long as original attribution is retained.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 08:07

Originally Posted by pyro.699
why would you want to remove the credits? somone worked hard, and i think that they should be [word that i cant spell verry well, begins with an "a"]!
appreciated..
Old 30 Sep 2005, 08:44

As I am in the credits, I will never install this hack! <revolts> hehe
Old 30 Sep 2005, 08:53

I can honestly say that removing the credits is/was not high on my importance list.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 09:44

Originally Posted by Floris
As I am in the credits, I will never install this hack! <revolts> hehe
nothing personal Floris
I just got tired of looking at them about 6 months ago and started doing this.

A better hack would make use of that valuable real estate and put a lot of quick facts or links there. I don't like the drop down links already there as it requires excess mouse actions.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 10:25

Originally Posted by Brad
I don't see the problem in freeing up a bit of space on the admincp homepage, I might do it myself and replace the credits with something more useful (board stats and what not).
EXACTLY.

I mean the vB authors have a right and deserve to be credited for there genius work, but what good do the credits do in the Admin CP where only the admins can see it. The admins represent liley about 1% of a forums total members(of course it varies) roughly 1-10 admins depending on your board size.

Besides, if your an admin like me that is constantly lurking around here, you end up gathering who is on the vb.com team.
Old 03 Oct 2005, 00:25

lol people actually clicked install
yes its in beta :laughs: but its not like u are going to get updates
Old 06 Oct 2005, 10:32

Originally Posted by jugo
personally, Why not give credit where credit is due.

I think these guys should be commended for the awesome work they do. In fact, an Homage page should be created....j/k but seriously, this ifo is good to know and all, BUT, I wouldn't want to remove their credit....they deserve that and more.
This is very true, I was using Microsoft Word earlier, another product I've paid for, and I was disappointed to see that I couldn't find a list of all of the developers and graphic designers, etc plainly visible.... clearly, I've paid my money, but it's not enough... they deserve credit, hell, if there were any females on the team then I think I should be given the chance to show my appreciation by giving them the chance to bear my firstborn!

Old 06 Oct 2005, 10:35

What would be far more honest if credit were going to be given in such a silly way, is that every hack should include a bit where the install appends to that list:

Secret Admirer Hack: buro9

etc...

Then that would be fair. My boards are based on vBulletin, but the volume of hacks and variety of extensions installed means that the Credits list is not only redundant (my other admins couldn't give a hoot and neither could I), but also deeply misrepresentative of those whose work my forums are based on.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 13:49

In my Admin CP I have to scroll the page to even see the credits. So it really doesn't matter if it is there or not unless I need to scroll for some reason.

* Boofo reminds hinmself to install this hack since Floris is now in the credits.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 16:05

Agreed Boofo, personally, I don't need to scroll past the credits to get to anything, so why remove them.

Of course, if you have something below the credits, I could understand removing them - or... just move whatever it is above the credits.
Old 06 Oct 2005, 16:18

It's just screen space. I like things to be as minimal and useful as possible.

I also remove the version check from that page... I don't mind it in the thin bar at the top, but I loath it when the thing I've gone into the AdminCp for is taking ages to get to because it's waiting for the vbulletin servers.

Some of us just place function above almost everything else
Old 06 Oct 2005, 16:37

Originally Posted by Stifler
appreciated..
a-a-acknowleged.

Similar Article
Article Author Type Replies Last Post
Hack Credits... Chris M vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 35 02 Jan 2003 11:06