Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Replace Help with Forgotten Password Details »
Replace Help with Forgotten Password
Mod Version: 2.00, by thetgc (Member) thetgc is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2012 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (32 votes - 4.94 average) Installs: 217
Released: 13 Feb 2010 Last Update: 12 Oct 2010 Downloads: 141
Not Supported Template Edits Re-usable Code  

This will replace the 'Help' button next to your login boxes with a 'Forgotten Password?' button, making it easier for your members to reset their password.

To do this, all you have to do, is edit your 'header' template.

Go to: Admincp > Styles & Templates > Style manager > Edit templates > Show Thread templates > header

In the header template, Find:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Replace with:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Voila! That easy!

It will go from:



To this:



The only difference to the image above when using the vb phrase is that it says 'Forgotten Your Password?' rather than ' Forgotten Password?' which would make more sense really :P
Although its totally your choic depending on how much space you want to use. Is so just remove the following line and replace with what you want between the arrows:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If you wish to keep your 'Help' button just add this code above or beneath to suit your needs.

To get the little user icon and padlock images for your login area, use this mod.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods forgotten your password in header Cornie vBulletin 4.x Template Modifications 41 18 Apr 2014 11:22

  #46  
Old 01 Oct 2012, 06:05
nezr's Avatar
nezr nezr is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I would like to place the "Register" link before the "forgot your password" link. Can you please show how to do that?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07 Oct 2012, 20:28
gingerol gingerol is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Thank you!

Thank you for this.
Installed.
Regards.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11 Jan 2013, 10:29
gariksher gariksher is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Real name: Igor
Thank you!
__________________
www.povsemumiru.ru
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 13 Feb 2013, 16:08
Grimes Grimes is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Originally Posted by ar15dcm View Post
I see where it tried to display but there is only a small blank space between the remember password check box and help.

Any ideas?
Same thing happens for me. Forgotten_Your_Password and Forgot_Your_Password work fine, but if I try shorter phrases such as Lost_Password or Recover_Password etc, they don't appear at all, just a small box like what ar15dcm has pictured. The only difference is that I am replacing the help button. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 14 Feb 2013, 02:03
WorldCraft WorldCraft is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
lost_password or recover_password are not valid phrases if that's what you were trying to use. You can either create a custom phrase with the text you want, or don't use a phrase at all and put the text directly into the template (though it is better practice to use a phrase).
__________________
vBulletin.com Profile

Last edited by WorldCraft; 14 Feb 2013 at 02:08.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 14 Feb 2013, 03:00
Mr_Running Mr_Running is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Same thing happens for me. Forgotten_Your_Password and Forgot_Your_Password work fine, but if I try shorter phrases such as Lost_Password or Recover_Password etc, they don't appear at all, just a small box like what ar15dcm has pictured. The only difference is that I am replacing the help button. Any suggestions?
Perhaps...
Once it's added:
vBAdmin --> Language & Phrases --> Search in Phrases --> Forgotten Your Password?

Translation then Save.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 14 Feb 2013, 04:20
Grimes Grimes is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Originally Posted by WorldCraft View Post
lost_password or recover_password are not valid phrases if that's what you were trying to use. You can either create a custom phrase with the text you want, or don't use a phrase at all and put the text directly into the template (though it is better practice to use a phrase).
Thank you so much. So, I just add the phrase I want to use in the phrase manager (lost_password?), and then I can use it in the header edit?
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 14 Feb 2013, 14:38
Mr_Running Mr_Running is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
I find it easier to just edit the header template.
This will hide the Help and Add the Forgotten Your Password?


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Then change the language by:
vBAdmin --> Language & Phrases --> Search in Phrases --> Search for Text--> Forgotten Your Password

Enter your Words/Text in the Translation then Save
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 14 Feb 2013, 20:26
Grimes Grimes is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Originally Posted by Mr_Running View Post
I find it easier to just edit the header template.
This will hide the Help and Add the Forgotten Your Password?


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Then change the language by:
vBAdmin --> Language & Phrases --> Search in Phrases --> Search for Text--> Forgotten Your Password

Enter your Words/Text in the Translation then Save
Thanks! That did the trick!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 15 Feb 2013, 20:42
WorldCraft WorldCraft is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Thank you so much. So, I just add the phrase I want to use in the phrase manager (lost_password?), and then I can use it in the header edit?
You can title the phrase however you want. Just when you call it in the template you use this syntax: {vb:rawphrase phrase_name}
__________________
vBulletin.com Profile
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 18 Feb 2013, 14:37
neya's Avatar
neya neya is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thank you so much, installed.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10 Aug 2013, 01:33
TravisWPaquin's Avatar
TravisWPaquin TravisWPaquin is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Why is it when I try to change the phrase it does not work? Anyone? It can't be hard to change so I'm unsure what I am doing wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:58.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: