Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
KeyCAPTCHA - Interactive CAPTCHA with Social Features Details »
KeyCAPTCHA - Interactive CAPTCHA with Social Features
Mod Version: 3.7.0, by KeyCAPTCHA (Contributor) KeyCAPTCHA is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (60 votes - 4.82 average) Installs: 583
Released: 17 Jan 2011 Last Update: 31 Aug 2012 Downloads: 2485
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files External Content  

  • If you use KeyCAPTCHA please click "Mark as Installed" in the right menu "Mod Information" at this page.
  • If you like KeyCAPTCHA please click "Nominate for MOTM" in the right menu "Mod Information" at this page.
  • Please feel free to post your feedback about KeyCAPTCHA.


KeyCAPTCHA - Interactive CAPTCHA
Unlike many other captchas, it does not require any text typing.

Social Features:
You may support charity funds by enabling social advertising in KeyCAPTCHA. Also you can earn money by specifying social and commercial advertising shares in KeyCAPTCHA on your website.

Free Variants of Using KeyCAPTCHA:
  1. Anti-spam protection. Social advertising. Monetization through commercial ads.
  2. Anti-spam protection. Monetization through commercial ads.
  3. Anti-spam protection. Social advertising.
  4. Anti-spam protection without any ads.
Integration with vBulletin Human Verified Actions:
  • Register
  • Post
  • Contact Us
  • Search
  • Recover Lost Password
  • Blog comments
  • CMS comments
KeyCAPTCHA Unique Technologies
  • Instead of guessing symbols, our CAPTCHA offers visitors to complete an easy interactive task.
  • If KeyCAPTCHA hasn't been solved correctly, page refreshing doesn't take place that allows the user not to fill in the form repeatedly. It occurs since there is an initial checkup of CAPTCHAs in the KeyCAPTCHA servers before sending a filled-in form to the protected web server.
  • Our CAPTCHA also can be used even if your hosting provider blocks all outgoing connections.
Effective Anti-Spam Protection
  • The geo-cluster is used to operate KeyCAPTCHA service. Our geo-cluster includes the servers located in diverse European data centers. Some servers are in the special DDoS stable data centers in Switzerland to ensure trouble-free 24x7x365 mode service operation.
  • KeyCAPTCHA blocks spammers using anonymizers or anonymous HTPP proxies to distribute a hand spam.
  • There is no info of correct CAPTCHA solution in the visitor's browser.
  • CAPTCHA verification is processed by the KeyCAPTCHA servers.
  • Data transferring between your web server, the visitor's browser and the KeyCAPTCHA server is protected by a digital signature.
  • 112 to 165 bit variable length password is used to generate a digital signature.
  • KeyCAPTCHA is a code executable in the visitor's browser. It is not a static image as used in typical CAPTCHAs.
  • Having received our CAPTCHA, it's virtually impossible to transfer it to third parties in order to run any task what spammers also do bypassing typical CAPTCHAs.
  • Probability of guessing the answer by submitting a random solution is 1 to 30,000,000.
  • KeyCAPTCHA-used images are transferred encryptedly.
Compatibility
KeyCAPTCHA supports two operating modes: Flash and HTML5. The KeyCAPTCHA HTML5 mode is used in most modern browsers, such as Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, Safari, and also used in iPhone and iPad. The Flash mode has been developed to be used in Internet Explorer and Opera. While loading, KeyCAPTCHA identifies its operating mode depending on the visitor's browser.

KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program
KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program allows publishers as well as any Internet user to collect incomes. For more information on The KeyCAPTCHA Affiliate Program, go to Our CAPTCHA Blog.

Installation
  1. Register on and log-in to our site (https://www.keycaptcha.com);
  2. Add your site URL to a Site list;
  3. Follow the CAPTCHA installation instructions in our Wizard.

If you use KeyCAPTCHA please click "Mark as Installed" in the right menu on this page.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Register-1.jpg
Views:	4023
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	125742   Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Register-2.jpg
Views:	2186
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	125743   Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Register-3.jpg
Views:	1736
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	125744   Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Post-1.jpg
Views:	2746
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	125745  

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Contact-Us-1.jpg
Views:	1074
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	125746   Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Search-1.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	125747   Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Blog-Comment-1.jpg
Views:	3134
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	125748   Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Settings-1.jpg
Views:	1348
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	125749  

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb-4x-Settings-2.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	125750  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Anti-Spam Options KeyCAPTCHA - Interactive CAPTCHA with Social Features KeyCAPTCHA vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 90 09 May 2014 10:02
Anti-Spam Options KeyCAPTCHA - Interactive CAPTCHA with Social Features KeyCAPTCHA vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 32 13 Jan 2013 14:48

  #46  
Old 12 Mar 2011, 06:37
EasyEazy EasyEazy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
I have installed this. Easy to follow setup. Time will tell about the spam bots but so far so good.

Keep up the good work
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 13 Mar 2011, 04:25
KeyCAPTCHA's Avatar
KeyCAPTCHA KeyCAPTCHA is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Real name: Maxim
Originally Posted by EasyEazy View Post
I have installed this. Easy to follow setup. Time will tell about the spam bots but so far so good.

Keep up the good work
EasyEazy,
thanks for trusting and trying KeyCAPTCHA.
This is the most pleasant (crown) part of any work - to have (and read) feedback
Thanks for your time to write!

Have a nice work also!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 14 Mar 2011, 22:47
EasyEazy EasyEazy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Had this running for a couple of days now. usually get about 3/4 spam bots a day.

NONE now

Great work
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 16 Mar 2011, 05:59
KeyCAPTCHA's Avatar
KeyCAPTCHA KeyCAPTCHA is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Real name: Maxim
Originally Posted by EasyEazy View Post
Had this running for a couple of days now. usually get about 3/4 spam bots a day.

NONE now

Great work
EasyEazy,
reoccuring/continuous feeddback! This is rather rare.
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 17 Mar 2011, 18:43
KHALIK KHALIK is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Keycaptcha Free Version

I might as well add;

Been using keycaptcha for a while now (vb4.1.2) and seem to be working fine without any problems and stopped all spambots registering on my site. I previously tried different plugins and this seem to have answered all my problems.

I used to get around 20 spam bots registering on the site, now it is basically zero.


http://www.fragmasters.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 30 Mar 2011, 02:46
Rock Anthony Rock Anthony is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
On the verge of being a great product, but...

Two things for me render this product unusable for my site:

1. Failed registrations provide no visible feedback to the user.

If a registration fails, only if the KeyCAPTCHA puzzle is solved does the system alert the user of why the registration failed.

Under the default human verification system of vbulletin, the system immediately alerts the user of why a registration failed (mismatch password, invalid email address, incorrect CAPTCHA, etc.)

The 'registration' button is at the bottom of the registration page. When the user scrolls to the bottom to click the button, the KeyCAPTCHA image is no longer in view. The only alert KeyCAPTCHA provides for an incorrect puzzle solution is the display of a red crossed out circle. This red crossed out circle is not in view because the user has scrolled to the bottom of the page. So, the registration fails, and with no visible feedback provided, the user is left clueless as to why the page does nothing. The user can of course scroll back up, but the red crossed out circle displays for a couple of seconds and then disappears, most likely before a user scrolls back up. Eventually a new user would figure this out, as did I, but I would rather not frustrate new users that try to register - they might leave.

This would definetly work to stop spam bots, but also to frustrate new users.

2. The KeyCAPTCHA can be blocked by a firewall

I visited my site from behind a firewall and the KeyCAPTCHA image was not visible because it was blocked by the firewall. This means that other users that are behind firewalls may be precluded from joining my online community.


Despite the above two issues, I believe that this is a good product. It just doesn't suit my needs.

Last edited by Rock Anthony; 30 Mar 2011 at 04:48. Reason: Corrected some grammar
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 30 Mar 2011, 04:59
KeyCAPTCHA's Avatar
KeyCAPTCHA KeyCAPTCHA is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Real name: Maxim
Hi, Rock Anthony,
thanks for your time and feedback.

Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
1. Failed registrations provide no visible feedback to the user
In the most nearest time we shall add an alert warning a user when the captcha was solved incorrectly

Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
2. The KeyCAPTCHA can be blocked by a firewall
Firewall can block any service or website, it is its purpose.
If someone uses a firewall, (s)he should configure what (s)he wants from it
(to block or not)

Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
Despite the above two issues, I believe that this is a good product. It just doesn't suit my needs
Thanks again for your time and valuable feedback!

Last edited by KeyCAPTCHA; 30 Mar 2011 at 08:28. Reason: changed "he wants" to "she wants"
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 31 Mar 2011, 01:05
Rock Anthony Rock Anthony is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Well, thank you for hearing me! I'm extremely gratefull that you've considered my feedback enough to implement changes in the next release. Thanks!


Originally Posted by KeyCAPTCHA View Post


Firewall can block any service or website, it is its purpose.
If someone uses a firewall, (s)he should configure what (s)he wants from it
(to block or not)


Thanks again for your time and valuable feedback!
What port should I tell my users to open so that KeyCAPTCHA will function?

There are cases where a person is behind someone else's firewall, and has no authority to configure that firewall (computer lab on a university campus, for example). For situations like that, it would be nice for service providers, such as KeyCAPTCHA, to use well-known ports that are not commonly blocked by firewalls. (Perhaps KeyCAPTCHA is using a well-known port, and the firewall I'm behind is blocking anyway.)

vBulletin is obviously served through well-known ports. I have no problems accessing any part of my vBulletin message board behind the various firewalls I'm protected by. I want the same for my users - including those firewalled users that would like to register, but are precluded from doing so because KeyCAPTCHA is blocked via firewall.

Consider that the default vBulletin registration page renders on the screen, with a message to assemble the KeyCAPTCHA puzzle - but there is no puzzle image displayed on the screen because it's been firewalled. There's not even a image placeholder to give hint to the user that an image should be visible, but isn't. The user took the time to complete the registration page, but is stuck and clueless because (s)he is instructed to complete a puzzle that is not there.

Despite what's stated above, so far I'm impressed enough with KeyCAPTCHA that I'm trying to talk myself into overlooking this firewall issue. Perhaps I can just put a notice on the registration form that firewalled users may or may not be able to register.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 31 Mar 2011, 05:31
KeyCAPTCHA's Avatar
KeyCAPTCHA KeyCAPTCHA is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Real name: Maxim
Hello, Rock Anthony,
Originally Posted by Rock Anthony View Post
There are cases where a person is behind someone else's firewall
Why have you decided that it is firewall of your users that block KeyCAPTCHA images?

KeyCAPTCHA protects thousands websites and we hear such complaint (indicating firewall, as the reason of a problem) for the first time.
There can be various reasons (like browser plugins for blocking ads, some specific configurations of your network/webserver/browsers. incorrectly installed/configured plugin, etc.)

Please open support ticket from under logged in user on our keycaptcha.com site with detailed description permitting to reproduce your problem and/or communicate with you context-sensitively and/or resolve the issue directly on your site

Last edited by KeyCAPTCHA; 31 Mar 2011 at 05:39.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 31 Mar 2011, 07:06
Rock Anthony Rock Anthony is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Originally Posted by KeyCAPTCHA View Post
Hello, Rock Anthony,

Why have you decided that it is firewall of your users that block KeyCAPTCHA images?

KeyCAPTCHA protects thousands websites and we hear such complaint (indicating firewall, as the reason of a problem) for the first time.
There can be various reasons (like browser plugins for blocking ads, some specific configurations of your network/webserver/browsers. incorrectly installed/configured plugin, etc.)

Please open support ticket from under logged in user on our keycaptcha.com site with detailed description permitting to reproduce your problem and/or communicate with you context-sensitively and/or resolve the issue directly on your site
I had decided that the firewall is the source of my problem (and could be a problem for my users) because I only experience this issue when accessing my site from behind the firewall of a particular private network.

However, I owe you an apology. I sincerely apologize for making the assumption that the firewall is the source of my problem. You know your product infinitely better than I do, so shame on me for diagnosing the problem when I'm not qualified to do so.

I've opened support tickets on your site, and can attest that you've been nothing but useful and helpful. And you have a wonderful product that fulfills a great need.

I followed the link that you provided. I will revisit that private network that I mentioned and check the browser settings. If I'm unable to remedy the problem, I'll open a ticket on your support site.

Please accept my apology.

Sincerely,
Rock Anthony
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 31 Mar 2011, 08:19
KeyCAPTCHA's Avatar
KeyCAPTCHA KeyCAPTCHA is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Real name: Maxim
feedback on KeyCAPTCHA

Rock Anthony,
you are welcome!
We'll be happy to help anyone.

Originally Posted by KHALIK View Post
Keycaptcha Free Version

I might as well add;

Been using keycaptcha for a while now (vb4.1.2) and seem to be working fine without any problems and stopped all spambots registering on my site. I previously tried different plugins and this seem to have answered all my problems.

I used to get around 20 spam bots registering on the site, now it is basically zero.

http://www.fragmasters.co.uk
KHALIK,
we appreciate your feedback in forum just now because we liked to have it as last post.

We appreciated it through PM much earlier, so it is not a lack of consideration.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04 Apr 2011, 00:45
inciarco's Avatar
inciarco inciarco is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Lightbulb

I Share The Following Tips to KeyCAPTCHA Users to Stop and Control SPAMMERS, TROLLS and LEECHERS, From Registering in Your vBulletin Boards, I Like to Post it on All the KEYCAPTCHA Mod Topics because I Know this Will Benefit All vBulletin Board Administrators:

Originally Posted by inciarco View Post
Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but spam on our forum and increased tenfold since installing KeyCAPTCHA. If anything, it seems less secure than the reCAPTCHA or the Q&A methods (both of which are far from perfect, but seem to reduce spam more than KeyCAPTCHA does). I've been deleting spam posts and banning spammers all day for a couple of days now - hundreds of them - since installing this.
I DISAGREE With You, Morrus.

As the Matter of FACT, KeyCAPTCHA STOPS 100% of SPAM BOTS, because SPAM BOTS Can't Solve the PUZZLES.

Is 100% Impossible to STOP SPAMMERS (Persons) From Registering, (NO SYSTEM CAN Simply Because Humans Find Ways to Try and Joke Any Registration System), but You Can Implemment and Configure Other Systems to Reduce That From Happening:

1. KEYCAPTCHA (Stops 100% of SPAM BOTS), So USE IT.

2. Create and Set "User Profile Fields", and Force Users to Write Answers in Them, so that They Have to Write Coherent Answers, (SPAMMERS, TROLLS, and LEECHERS Will Provide Wrong Answers and those You'll BAN For doing that because those are SPAMMERS).

3. Use the "COPPA Registration System", so that No Person Can Write ANY Birth Date, and Also to NOT Accept Registrations Under 13 Years Old.

4. Set To YES the "Moderate New Members" Option on the "User Registration Options", so that You Can Review the Answers that Users Make to the "User Profile Fields" Before Accepting their Accounts. Give Yourself the Opportunity to BAN TROLLS and SPAMMERS that Write TRASH on those Fields, they for Sure Will Be SPAMMERS.

5. Set "Follow Forum Moderation Rules If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue" on "Post / Thread Permissions" as "NO", for Usergroups Not Approved ("Not Activated" and "Pending Approval"), so that Every message They Post is Moderated, and that Way NO SPAM from HUMAN SPAMMERS or TROLLS is Viewed (can be Posted but NO ONE WILL SEE IT), and that way if they Post SPAM You BAN THEM and Delete their TRASH Posts. NEVER Allow those Usergroups to Create New Threads.

6. Use Also an Additional System as "vMail - Verify Mail before registration", so that No User Can Register Without Validating His/Her Contact E-mail Address.

7. Use Also another Additional System as "NoSpam! for vBulletin 3.7", so that Users Have to Answer a Validation Question (like a Mathematical Question or whatever related to Your Web Site), so that No User Can Register Without Knowing the Answer to that Question.

8. There are other thing More to Tell, but with the Previous Ones You'll STOP SPAMMERS, TROLLS, and LEECHERS, so much, that You'll Reduce their Registrations and Keep Them Under Control. Also Many Users Will be Annoyed by that, but You Have to Choose if You Want QUALITY Users Registering or Just QUANTITY (The Quantity don't Participate, they're Just LEECHERS).

I 100% Recommend KEYCAPTCHA, Because is a Beautiful AntiSPAM-BOT System, and Also Provides a PUZZLE System that Only Humans Can Solve.

Thank You Very Much KEYCAPTCHA.

My Best Regards.

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04 Apr 2011, 06:40
KeyCAPTCHA's Avatar
KeyCAPTCHA KeyCAPTCHA is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Real name: Maxim
Originally Posted by inciarco View Post
I DISAGREE With You, Morrus.

As the Matter of FACT, KeyCAPTCHA STOPS 100% of SPAM BOTS, because SPAM BOTS Can't Solve the PUZZLES.
Originally Posted by inciarco View Post
I 100% Recommend KEYCAPTCHA, Because is a Beautiful AntiSPAM-BOT System, and Also Provides a PUZZLE System that Only Humans Can Solve.

Thank You Very Much KEYCAPTCHA.

My Best Regards.

inciarco!
thanks for your time and support

I answered to Morrus in the thread where he had reported the issue.

Still we believe that additional measures are helpful in extreme cases of attack
but usually the correct engagement of KeyCAPTCHA leads
- to less administrative maintenance,
- less complexities in installing/maintaining permitting to refuse from multiple (multi-layered) plugins installation/configuration
- to increase user-friendliness (we have multiple reports when users switch off moderation upon starting to use KeyCAPTCHA)

Last edited by KeyCAPTCHA; 04 Apr 2011 at 06:46.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04 Apr 2011, 18:08
SpeedyHire SpeedyHire is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Real name: Phil
Have to say we have only just signed up fro this, and installed it on out 4.1.2 vb,
Will leave reg open for a few weeks to test it out. From what i can see it looks to do what it says on the tin so to speak.

thank you for a nice mod to help fight spam bots.

Regards

Candys
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05 Apr 2011, 23:34
KeyCAPTCHA's Avatar
KeyCAPTCHA KeyCAPTCHA is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Real name: Maxim
Originally Posted by SpeedyHire View Post
Have to say we have only just signed up fro this, and installed it on out 4.1.2 vb,
Will leave reg open for a few weeks to test it out. From what i can see it looks to do what it says on the tin so to speak.

thank you for a nice mod to help fight spam bots.

Regards

Candys
SpeedyHire,
thanks for your feedback and we hope you'd decide to stay with KeyCAPTCHA
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: