Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20 Jan 2011, 10:30

I'm in the same boat.

Actually, when upgrading the user to the premium usergroup in 3.8.6, it worked instantly. Using the same upgrade script (even with define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true) I have to run the Update User Titles script.

I've considered tearing out the code used for updating users and running it for just a single instance, but that sounds like trouble (at least with me doing it).

I'm not sure what changed from vb3.8 to vb4.1.1, but then again, I've been saying that all month.

Brandon
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:08

Well I now have the same issue and the funny thing when I do it all manually it will work the way it should removing the rank and badge associated with it. However when subscription does it only the additional user group will be removed leaving the rank and badge. I cannot see how this is supposed to be like this as you have associated that rank with that user group so if the user group is taken away the rank and badge should not be available as well
Old 04 Aug 2012, 03:10

Originally Posted by DirtRider View Post
Well I now have the same issue and the funny thing when I do it all manually it will work the way it should removing the rank and badge associated with it. However when subscription does it only the additional user group will be removed leaving the rank and badge. I cannot see how this is supposed to be like this as you have associated that rank with that user group so if the user group is taken away the rank and badge should not be available as well
Same issue here. This can't be expected behavior.
Old 10 Sep 2012, 04:39

I would also like to update the User Titles via a scheduled task. VB can't help and sent me here.

I have a hack that auto-bans spammers, but I still have to update the counters manually in order for the "banned" to show in the User Title.....

Been trying to figure this out off and on for a few years
Old 03 Sep 2013, 20:42

Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
<snip> Been trying to figure this out off and on for a few years
Same here. And running the update manually with over 250,000 registered people takes a *long* time.
Old 04 Sep 2013, 01:36

Cool

Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
I would also like to update the User Titles via a scheduled task. VB can't help and sent me here.

I have a hack that auto-bans spammers, but I still have to update the counters manually in order for the "banned" to show in the User Title.....

Been trying to figure this out off and on for a few years
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Same here. And running the update manually with over 250,000 registered people takes a *long* time.
What mod? Please link me to it .

For now try editing a cron job and by that I mean the file for instance one related to a scheduled task that runs at least daily. Where can you add the code? Ensure your scheduled tasks are enabled then edit the file cleanup.php OR cleanup2.php OR dailycleanup.php which is located in the /includes/cron/ folder and add the query just below:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

If you utilize cleanup.php, its the file ran when the Hourly Cleanup scheduled task runs, so with that being said the username update would take place every hour. If you have quite a few members as some noted, you may wish to do this once per day and would then instead edit the file dailycleanup.php instead, now the user title update takes place once per day - less queries and less often unless updating something live is a good rule of thumb.

Enjoy!

Note: Should delete entries in ranks table using query similar to the below as well HOWEVER this sets usertitle to guest and removes user info from post and requires fix broken user profiles to be used so just an example query for now until I have time to adjust it properly i.e. insert into instead of delete:

Edit: In all honesty using the data manager via a custom script would be best in a situation like this versus queries running via cron jobs just so your aware, the above queries will work though (don't use the bottom one, that deletes entries it was scratch code but works just throws the data manager for a loop per say).

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!

Last edited by TheLastSuperman; 06 Sep 2013 at 15:54. Reason: Updated info to be more clear. Final edit, included code to update user rank.
Old 08 Sep 2013, 17:59

Thanks for the tip.
Old 20 May 2014, 03:53

What about updating rank badges when paid subscriptions expire?