Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 25 Sep 2007, 19:17

Vbulletin Blog?

Have any other big-boarders added VB's Blog to their installs? With 5 million posts and maxed server loads, I'm just wondering what effect this might have on things, and also how smoothly the install goes on a large DB.
Comments
Old 26 Sep 2007, 12:16
nexialys

there is no effect on the forum, because vBlog is not using the actual vBulletin resources, it is mostly independant from the forum itself, using minimal resources to be integrated...

for big boards btw, you'd be able to evaluate the possibility to split your databases - i suppose a hack can be applied - so vBlog use a different database to save some usage.

the install itself is straightforward, have nothing to do with the forum size... it is not giving a blog for each member, it is the opposite... each member create a blog on due time...
Old 04 Oct 2007, 09:26

We just put it on last month. I think about 60 of our members have started blogging and seem to enjoy it. We had a couple bumps with install - we had to tweak some color arrangements. And any time we take the site offline for anything, our members go a bit nuts. But it seemed like it went pretty fast to get it online.

Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
vBulletin Blog Blog Portal Link in vBulletin Blog 2.0 Blog Links Menu cheat-master30 vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 3 12 Jan 2009 12:55