Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 08 Oct 2007, 06:05

I don't have a big forum, but I make tons less on my forum than with websites. Me personally, I never click on forums with ads because the content I'm looking for is in the forum or I hit the back button. Other than that, it just all depends on what you do.
Old 08 Oct 2007, 12:55

Originally Posted by jarosciak View Post
Depends what is your forum about, but I would guess, you get somewhere between 5-10 dollars a day, if you're as unlucky as I am

--------------- Added at 10:49 ---------------

Btw. it's weird that you have 12 thousand reg.users and only 180k posts. I have only 3 thousand users, but 250k posts. It looks like you should give your members more incentive to post.
I think i have active about 3k or 4k members. 10 dollars / day is good ?
Old 08 Oct 2007, 14:57

Sounds good average territory. With 3 sites I run getting only 200 hits a day combined brings me in 10 bucks a day. Click thru % is 7.39
Old 09 Oct 2007, 21:57

I wrote a mod for pixel advertising, similar to http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ for a guy about a year ago who reports about $100,000 annually in pixel ad revenue. I mean, they ARE attractive and mesmerising to the end-user. I find myself looking closely at the ads on that site from time to time .
Old 10 Oct 2007, 01:52

Man! everybody scares me... I doing my boards to get rich!
Old 11 Oct 2007, 00:50

Originally Posted by iogames View Post
Man! everybody scares me... I doing my boards to get rich!
Well you will either get rich or die trying :-) not many forums that have made people rich at all, the average big-board probably earns around $600-$800, there are forums that earn more infact way more but there very few and far between.
Old 11 Oct 2007, 19:48

I think part of the problem is, over the years internet users have wised up to Adsense banners and avoid clicking them much more than they used to do by mistake.
Old 13 Oct 2007, 04:34

modmymoto.com and modmyiphone.com

how much do they make? no enough . . . need to pursue alternatives to adsense
Old 13 Oct 2007, 14:33

To be honest, I ran a 4 page website a while ago using html pages. And had much better results in getting clicks, even though my forum has many more pages to get clicks from.

I really do think if a person is setting up vBulletin purely to try and make money from adsense, you making a fatal mistake and should instead go the multiple website option instead. I personally don't think vBulletin is good were adsense is concerned.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 16:12

I myself am a bit surprised at some of the posts here. I am currently doing some contract work for someone who has what qualifies as a big board so I decided to swing in here for any ideas as far as optimization.

I run several small boards and they make more $$ in adsense than what most of you big boarders in here report. I have one board that probably gets 3-400 uniques a day and it averages about $4-5 a day alone.

I think one of the problems with Adsense is that people just throw it up there and expect it to work. You have to be creative and test your ad placements and layout constantly.

Use CHANNELS! Make sure your ads are relevant, if not, start using the adsense filter to get those out, and also read more about section targeting. Make sure advertisers know how to use adsense to place ads directly on your site.

I just find it funny that most of the time I am looking for more traffic, and yet here I come to a place where traffic is not an issue (in comparison) and yet obviously some of you are not doing the fundamental stuff right.

For those of you looking to perform better with your adsense, let me be the first to recommend this free forum which is practically the defacto standard in adsense conversation, and even has someone from the adsense team as a member:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/
Old 28 Oct 2007, 08:36

dont make nearly enough for the time i put into it. there are some people who get lucky and some that dont.
good luck anyway
Old 28 Oct 2007, 09:27

I have a community that's separated into a content-oriented portal and a forum. The monthly income is about $1,000 from various channels, and only 10% comes from the forums although it gets 50% of the traffic. It simply is hard to convert from forum pages alone unless you have a topic that naturally makes people want to click on ads, I guess.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 14:36

Hi there!

I have a forum that I have been testing with to find the best converting setup for the past 2-3 years now and it seems that I have finally found the best solutions to convert a forum, little to no matter what traffic, into Google AdSense clicks and revenue!

The URL is http://www.scooterhulp.com/

The CTR is 9%! You may know the average CTR of forums is aprox. 2-3% so this is really a high CTR for a standard forum.

The CTR has been aprox. 1 - 2.5% on average with other setups.

The Scooter Hulp forum receives aprox. 1000 unique visitors per day.

Best Regards,
Jan Jaap

Last edited by Paul M; 29 Oct 2007 at 18:55. Reason: Reads like an advert, hyperlink removed.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 09:25

Never noticed this topic.. We're doing around 75,000 - 85,000 pageviews a day (not HITS :P) created by about 4,500 - 5,000 uniques, between 1,500- 2,400 posts a day (depends on the day) and only poor a little (for me acceptable) amount of money into it. So I am not making money out of it, but that's for various reasons.

This is just the forum. Since I closed the main site about a year ago due to lack of time (stats were about 1.5 of what they are now back then).
Old 09 Nov 2007, 18:16

I really don't have a big board, big forum but maybe 150 members, 130 page views - 15 unique visitors a day, 1-3 member logins - 1-3 posts per day and I'm making about $1/day in Adsense revenues and a few bucks here and there selling ad space.

I am under, but progressing. The forum has been up about 3 months and I've probably gained half of the money I spent on this forum software. I cannot imagine how much money I would be making if I had 1000 unique visits a day.